More problems with Apexi WS2 Cat-back

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2005, 04:08 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
More problems with Apexi WS2 Cat-back

As many of you may have read in my post "Avoid Overboost.com" I had some real difficulties in getting the exhaust. I gave up on Overboost and order one from Grip Motorsports. It arrived yesterday and today planned to install both the exhaust and the Tein High Tech spring which arrived earlier in the week. But of course, THERE IS A PROBLEM!

I did not receive the front portion of the exhaust which connects to the cataytic converter. I received two large boxes. One box contained one muffler and the center connecting pipe. The other box contained only one muffler. I found this nearly empty box curious when I opened it, but did not realize the piece was missing until I laid-out the parts with the hardware in preparation for the install. The boxes appeared to have a factory seal, so it is not likely a problem with transportation. The manufacturer must have screwed-up. Of course the vendor is closed on weekends. I have had the work luck in trying to get this exhaust.

The only upside of the day was that I got the springs installed and really like the looks and performance. The ride is nearly like factory, but the appearance is very much improved.

Lance
Old 07-30-2005, 04:19 PM
trill recognize trill

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
wow good luck man that sux
Old 07-30-2005, 05:36 PM
Intermediate

god bless
Old 07-30-2005, 07:45 PM
291hp & 245 tq @ 3.5psi

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Holy..... that's suck! Hope you can enjoy the sound of Apexi WS2 exhaust soon.
Old 08-02-2005, 03:01 PM
Cruisin'

Apexi WS2 problems - The saga continues

As I have previously posted, I have had nothing but problems trying to get the Apexi WS2 exhaust for my 2003 TL-S. First Overboost.com sent me the part for an accord, then were pricks about it. Then I ordered one from Grip Motorsports. They sent the correct part, but minus the front portion. They called Apexi and they cannot locate the missing section and have no more complete units in stock. The guy at Grip has been cool, but over this just sucks.

They offered me two options:
1. Return the unit for a full refund.
2. Keep what I have with them refunding $150 of my payment to put toward an exhaust shop fabricating the part from scratch.

The second option has a pitfall in that this part from Apexi that connects to the catalytic converter has more than just a straight pipe. It appears, from a post I viewed on this site, to have what I will call a silencer for lack of better term.

What do you guys think? What course of action should I take?

Is Apexi not a reputable company? They sure seem like morons to me right now!

Lance
Old 08-02-2005, 03:06 PM
Instructor

Apex'i is a great company with good reputation.

I think you're cursed. Haha, just kidding.

Umm... did they say how long it would take to locate a complete unit, so you can trade?

And you're right, there's a resonator built into the B-pipe section. I would honestly wait 'til they can locate a complete unit and trade with them. It's a dyno-tested, flow-calculated exhaust system meant to work as a whole catback system, so a non-tested B-pipe at a local muffler shop may not be a good idea. Then again, it's not like exhaust systems on our cars yield 50 hp, so I guess it wouldn't really matter.
Old 08-02-2005, 03:14 PM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Return the unit for a full refund.

Originally Posted by Sirlance1969
As I have previously posted, I have had nothing but problems trying to get the Apexi WS2 exhaust for my 2003 TL-S. First Overboost.com sent me the part for an accord, then were pricks about it. Then I ordered one from Grip Motorsports. They sent the correct part, but minus the front portion. They called Apexi and they cannot locate the missing section and have no more complete units in stock. The guy at Grip has been cool, but over this just sucks.

They offered me two options:
1. Return the unit for a full refund.
2. Keep what I have with them refunding $150 of my payment to put toward an exhaust shop fabricating the part from scratch.

The second option has a pitfall in that this part from Apexi that connects to the catalytic converter has more than just a straight pipe. It appears, from a post I viewed on this site, to have what I will call a silencer for lack of better term.

What do you guys think? What course of action should I take?

Is Apexi not a reputable company? They sure seem like morons to me right now!

Lance
Can't tell you if Apexi a reputable company or not but their customer service is the shits. You don't even get to talk to a live person, it's all automated. Some people have the Apexi WS coilovers and they wanted to ask for technical service. They didn't even have a person to answer their concerns and problems. I would recommend getting a full refund for the unit. Look at other brands.
Old 08-02-2005, 05:48 PM
I'M DONE HERE

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
buy it from optauto.com or nopi.com.I have a ws 1 that I got from nopi about 2 years ago.
Old 08-02-2005, 09:06 PM
Cruisin'

I did decide to return the incomplete exhaust to Grip Motorsports. The guy at that store has been great. But since he cannot produce the product, I had no recourse. He told me the UPS guy will pick it up tomorrow.

I then called Nopi. They had one in stock and I placed my order. I was told it will be here on Monday. I swear if there is a problem with this one, I am going to loose total control.

In one month I have spent nearly $1800 for an exhaust I have yet to get installed. I hope the smoke clears on the previous two orders prior to receiving my credit card bill. My wife already thinks this car is a jinx and I am starting to wonder myself.

Lance
Old 08-02-2005, 09:57 PM
I'M DONE HERE

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
It's should come all in one box.my exhaust came all in one.I think you will be happy with nopi.