megan headers

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2005, 09:39 PM
Comptech Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by keepingitclean
When you make an accusation, you need to explain your situation. I never said you were not covered because I never got a pm from you. I have on my computer, a list of people with their shipping info. Out of everyone who contacted me, all of them were granted with a replacement. I really dont know what you are talking about because till this day, Ive never said no to a replacement on pm.
To make myself clear, everyone is covered unless you brought from a ebay website stating clearing that it doesnt come with warranty or you bought it used from someone clearly knowing there was a problem. There was only one time on the private party sale where i clearly stated that header was not covered. The reason is because the orginal buyer needs to contact me and get a replacement before selling because i dont believe its fair to pass on the problem to smeone else. I believe Im being fair enough.

which means the warrenty is not transferable?

what if the seller didn't notify it's defected in a private sale?
Old 02-13-2005, 10:18 PM
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey BIGMIKE,

Let me know if you have any warranty problems, i'll help you out. Since the headers were brandnew in the box.

Mike
Old 02-13-2005, 10:37 PM
Three Wheelin'

alright... im getting them installed either tomorrow or tuesday... ill let you know, thanks a lot.
Old 02-21-2005, 08:35 AM
10th Gear

WOW~! I didn't even know this thread existed, always the last to know.

There are so many quotes that I should "quote" but won't.

First off WHEN I originally started the group buy for v6p.net there were enough in stock. That is what I was told. Now, consider this, I sold 21 headers, also consider that the Megan Headers are hot right now. So I did not take peoples money KNOWING they were out of stock. If you would also read the thread I offered a refund IF they wanted it. Only one person took me up on it. I kept everyone up to date.

As for "getting in to trouble"? What is this? I didn't get into trouble. I spoke with Calvin directly, ie owner, and everything is cool. I am not banned from getting headers. I really don't know where this started but it's kind of silly.

The fitment issue. My headers for my accord nearly touch the pan too. I called Megan on this and they informed me that was why there was the second flex pipe installed. I said ok cool. I haven't heard anything else. People haven't said, Dave, it touches my oil pan on my TL. Feel free to ask, I have only gotten one person who mentioned a fitment issue.

I have done everything I can to make sure my customers are happy. If you have purchased from me and feel otherwise please contact me. dave@frontlip.com

If you have questions, please contact me. I'm not sure where some people get their information, but I felt it necessary to clear the air.

Thank you,

Dave
Old 02-21-2005, 10:32 AM
All go, no show

^^ Would that one person be me?
Old 02-21-2005, 01:12 PM
10th Gear

Originally Posted by PenguinQX
^^ Would that one person be me?
As a matter fact yes. Megan hasn't informed me about anything other then what I have told you. I am not calling Megan on a regular basis for recalls or anything like that. So for that I apologize. If you feel dis-satisfied penguin, feel free to let me know.

For the others just so you know, you're more then welcomed to check my trader rating on v6p, I'm under justkillin_time there as well. I don't find it necessary to have 2 different names for each forum I go to. You can also check my ebay account, FrontLip. I have positive feedback on both.

Dave
Old 02-21-2005, 01:28 PM
Comptech Freak

thanks for clearing things up here Dave
Old 02-21-2005, 01:28 PM
10th Gear

One last note:

Originally Posted by jaketheb0mb
Hey justkillingtime.

Sorry for the confusion. Remember a whilke back when you had it for 175 shipped, megan told me that the prices are too low and is hurting other distributors. Thats why I said that. I also sent you am email a while back telling tou that you gotta raise the price. THats it. If you read threads about samkws and me, he has something against me so he is spreading a lot of bs. Just disregard his comments if possible. No need to start a feud right now.
Sam is not who I have a problem with. I don't appreciate someone saying:
Its justkillingtime's fault for taking money before the headers were in stock. He knew well in advance that the headers were on backorder.
please see above, I was unaware that I would be unable to fullfill 21 orders, I was able to send out 5... quantity vs demand.

Also,
Dave already got in trouble with megan for selling at that price and he WILL NOT get anymore headers. He took peoples money two months before actually shipping the product out and thats just plain wrong. I dont care what kind of guy he is, if he takes the money, he better provide the goods in a timely fashion. Two months is simply not reasonable.
This is simply not true, I'm not in "touble with Megan Racing." I spoke with Calvin about this. Yes he wants to keep the playing field fair, but he's not turning business away. I buy them, I can give them away if I want.

Run your business how you want to, but please don't go around bad mouthing others.

Dave
Old 02-21-2005, 01:39 PM
10th Gear

Warranty issues with the headers. If you buy them new, you should reveive a warranty card with your headers. Simply fill it out and send it in. You're now the proud owner of a MR headers and a warranty. If you have issues you should be able to contact the person you bought them from and they should be able to help, or send you in the right direction. Headers bought then given or "sold" to someone else, should still be covered as long as that person turns in the warranty card.

Nothing is perfect. These headers are gaining popularity and with the help of the consumer, they'll get even better. Comptech's are probably the closes thing to perfect we'll get right now, they've got tons of R&D into it and experience. But you'll also pay for that.

Just my thoughts.

Dave
Old 02-21-2005, 01:50 PM
All go, no show

Damnit.. I'm not sure if I still have my warranty card. I'll have to hunt for it.

I called up Megan about 2 wks ago... they said they'd have new headers ready to ship in 2 wks and would give me a call.. so far, still no word.
Old 02-21-2005, 01:53 PM
Comptech Freak

Originally Posted by PenguinQX
Damnit.. I'm not sure if I still have my warranty card. I'll have to hunt for it.

I called up Megan about 2 wks ago... they said they'd have new headers ready to ship in 2 wks and would give me a call.. so far, still no word.
you have to call in everyday and bug them until they ship to you
Old 02-21-2005, 01:57 PM
Three Wheelin'

justkillintime...
i bought the Headers off of someone from your group buy... should i fill out the warranty card with my name or his? and what would be the "sell date" for your group buy? thanks
Old 02-21-2005, 02:00 PM
Racer

Sorry Dave
Gotta get something straight. The person you talked to most of the time was Andrew. Calvin only talked to you once and that one time was telling you to raise the price. As far as backorder goes. Andrew clearly told you everything before you placed your order. You knew it was on backorder.
All the people with tl thats you sold it to is on warranty. The ones I was referring to about was the people that bought it off ebay clearly stating it doesnt come with warranty.

Here is the conversation I just had with calvin. If you dont believe me, call him.
jakethexxxb says:
did you ever tell him sell for 200 or dont sell?
sc13xxxxxxx.com says:
yeah of course at least 200
sc13xxxxxxx.com says:
jakethexxxb says:
did dave know when he ordered that you guys are on back order?
sc13xxxxxxx.com says:
what
sc13xxxxxxx.com says:
yeah
sc13xxxxxxx.com says:
andrew told him clearly on that
Old 02-21-2005, 02:04 PM
10th Gear

Originally Posted by big mike 13
justkillintime...
i bought the Headers off of someone from your group buy... should i fill out the warranty card with my name or his? and what would be the "sell date" for your group buy? thanks

Use the date you bought them from the other person, and use your name.

Dave
Old 02-21-2005, 02:07 PM
Three Wheelin'

what's the "copy of receive"? i kinda threw out my box.. (left it at the installers)
Old 02-21-2005, 02:22 PM
10th Gear

Originally Posted by keepingitclean
Sorry Dave
Gotta get something straight. The person you talked to most of the time was Andrew. Calvin only talked to you once and that one time was telling you to raise the price. As far as backorder goes. Andrew clearly told you everything before you placed your order. You knew it was on backorder.
All the people with tl thats you sold it to is on warranty. The ones I was referring to about was the people that bought it off ebay clearly stating it doesnt come with warranty.

Here is the conversation I just had with calvin. If you dont believe me, call him.
jakethexxxb says:
did you ever tell him sell for 200 or dont sell?
sc13xxxxxxx.com says:
yeah of course at least 200
sc13xxxxxxx.com says:
jakethexxxb says:
did dave know when he ordered that you guys are on back order?
sc13xxxxxxx.com says:
what
sc13xxxxxxx.com says:
yeah
sc13xxxxxxx.com says:
andrew told him clearly on that
That is an discussion I got into with Calvin and Andrew. I was not told that they were back ordered until I placed my order, at that point I was only able to get 5 out. Then Andrew informed me that they were on back order and I fought with him for the next month trying to get them to pin down a deliver date. I was told 2 weeks, 2 weeks, 2 weeks. I heard 2 weeks more then I care to mention. When I called originally there were enough in stock. Once I found out that they were going to taking so long and it was dragging out I offered a refund. If I wanted everyone's money, and was the poor business person you seem to be trying to promote me as, why would I offer that? Why would I keep people updated?

As for being told to sell them for $200? What is that all about? I haven't heard that.... If Calvin wants me to sell them for that then he needs to have Andrew get ahold of me. No one has ever said that to me. I was told by Calvin to keep it fair, probably cause of other vendors getting all excited cause I sold them at almost cost. All I wanted was to get the Megan name out there, I loved mine. You had talked about wanting to raise the price, hey I'm game there too.... but why are you talking shit about me out here? Don't 2 face me. Your PM's are all warm and fuzzy and then in another forum you're talkin shit. It's not good business. I am truthful to my customers, I don't bullshit them. If I can I will, if I can't I let them know.

I don't know if I pissed you off cause I got this group buy off before you or what. As far as I'm concerned it's over, been over since January and it's water under the bridge.
Old 02-21-2005, 02:24 PM
10th Gear

Originally Posted by big mike 13
what's the "copy of receive"? i kinda threw out my box.. (left it at the installers)
Honesty... I don't know what that is. I didn't fill my warranty card out, hehe. I will look and see if I can find mine laying around. Or of course you could call MR.

Dave
Old 02-21-2005, 02:39 PM
Racer

Im not mad about you starting the groupbuy before me. Ive talked to you numerous times before this and you should know. Im not really here talking shit because I was telling stuff on what I was told and my personal opinion. I know you didnt make jack so I did pm you and priase you on that part. You even read my post on your groupbuy thread claiming a good seller.
But seriously, the backorder six weeks thing is getting out of hand. Both parties are telling their own part of the story. But i knew at the time of your order that they only had less than eight sets left and more was coming in without a set date. But at this point, I frankly dont care anymore. And that instant message conversation i posted was really with calvin. You should know his private sn so you know that its real.
Im sorry if I started off bad. I apologize on my part. I understand you are faithful to your customers because they all got their products but you gotta agree it wasnt in a timely fashion. And youre right, it ended in jan so its over
Old 02-21-2005, 05:15 PM
Comptech Freak

wow where are we up to?

looks like some ppl was jealous
Old 02-21-2005, 07:58 PM
10th Gear

I understand you are faithful to your customers because they all got their products but you gotta agree it wasnt in a timely fashion.
I completely agree with this. I hope to never have to experience that situation again.

Dave
Old 02-21-2005, 08:04 PM
Comptech Freak

Originally Posted by justkillin_time
I completely agree with this. I hope to never have to experience that situation again.

Dave
Dave,

I will do business with you again anytime no matter what~

and sure we all will, nobody got pissed off
Old 02-22-2005, 12:31 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Another great example as to why we don't allow group buys thru unauthorized vendors of Acurazine. This tread is so done.