megan headers

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2005, 12:45 PM
Told Ya'LL...DYNASTY !!

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts
megan headers

i wanna order a set of megan headers, and i know theres a few different batches.....anyone know where i can order a set from the 3rd batch cause i heard these were free of the downpipe problems and other fitment issues.....
Old 02-10-2005, 12:47 PM
@ slide or die @

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ebay...no differences
Old 02-10-2005, 12:49 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You cannot get them from ebay. Also, be careful when you bid on megan headers on ebay, read the info carefully because a lot of them sell defected parts
Old 02-10-2005, 01:31 PM
HELP!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by keepingitclean
You cannot get them from ebay. Also, be careful when you bid on megan headers on ebay, read the info carefully because a lot of them sell defected parts
any update on the third batch yet? I'm getting antsy
Old 02-10-2005, 01:34 PM
Comptech Freak

you won't get them anytime soon since they are all out

demend is high and it will bump up the price, and probably a long wait

you can probablly wait until the hype is over, now everybody jumps on it

i was thinking of going for that too but instead i picked up the Comptech
Old 02-10-2005, 05:01 PM
All go, no show

I got my Megan headers in a groupbuy... horrible resonance, and the downpipe presses up against the oil pan. The gains are definitely great/noticeable though.

Hopefully a replacement downpipe will solve this problem.
Old 02-10-2005, 05:09 PM
Racer

The replacement will not be a downpipe. The replacement will be a full set shipped to you free of charge. PenquinQx, the reason why they were on the v6per....net website is because they were meant for an accord.
Old 02-10-2005, 05:13 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
The replacement will not be a downpipe. The replacement will be a full set shipped to you free of charge. PenquinQx, the reason why they were on the v6per....net website is because they were meant for an accord.
There is no difference between an Accord set of headers and a TL/CL set of headers. Look at comptechs site. It has one part number for all three and there have never been issues with it hitting.
Old 02-10-2005, 05:33 PM
Racer

Every company makes a different design. The megan header was not a replica of comptech. It has its own road test overseas and here. To prove my points, look at the header section for the comptech and compare it to alphawerks, obx, and stone. It is around the same length. But when you look at megan ones, they are shorter.
If you own an accord, look at the oil pan section. The oil pan gap for the header is a wider and more towards the engine bay than the one for tl. When megan made accord headers, it fits perfectly. But will not fit perfectly with the tl.
Old 02-10-2005, 05:37 PM
Three Wheelin'

i was wondering...
http://www.meganracing.com/products/...asp?prodid=327

they're listed as the same model #..?
Old 02-10-2005, 05:50 PM
Racer

That was a mistake. Thanks for catching that. Megan thought it would fit perfectly. But now its not the case.
Old 02-10-2005, 10:57 PM
Racer

So now these megans...that BIG mike Set are the latest batch? So it should have no fitment issues?
Old 02-10-2005, 11:07 PM
Comptech Freak

ok well
i don't see there are new batches coming in for the next month or 2

ppl who ordered in november just got their batch past few week or so
Old 02-11-2005, 09:24 AM
All go, no show

I ordered in November and got my set in December.
Old 02-11-2005, 12:44 PM
Racer

Its justkillingtime's fault for taking money before the headers were in stock. He knew well in advance that the headers were on backorder.
All megan batches will fit accord v6 perfectly. However, megan is making a new batch that will also fit the tl perfectly. I already have the test fit product on my car, and the new batch will come soon. For more info, contact the company directly, I dont wanna get banned.
Old 02-11-2005, 01:19 PM
All go, no show

^^ I just called Megan yesterday. They said they would ship me a brand new set in about 2 weeks. If that goes as planned, then that's some really great customer service and would really make me want to buy their other products.
Old 02-11-2005, 01:45 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by PenguinQX
I got my Megan headers in a groupbuy... horrible resonance, and the downpipe presses up against the oil pan. The gains are definitely great/noticeable though.

Hopefully a replacement downpipe will solve this problem.
Maybe they were not installed properly. Did yours have the 2nd flex pipe at the end of it? Mine did. Fitment was still off a little. And I just found out I have a slight exhaust leak around the heders. But I have no resonance whatsoever.
Old 02-11-2005, 01:46 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,329 Likes on 1,309 Posts
Changing the title of this thread.. sick of seeing a thread about "Megan's Headers"
Old 02-11-2005, 01:54 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by Elementz
Maybe they were not installed properly. Did yours have the 2nd flex pipe at the end of it? Mine did. Fitment was still off a little. And I just found out I have a slight exhaust leak around the heders. But I have no resonance whatsoever.

NEVERMIND. LOOKS LIKE I NEED TO READ THE ENTIRE THREAD FIRST.
Old 02-12-2005, 04:26 AM
i

^^ I just called Megan yesterday. They said they would ship me a brand new set in about 2 weeks. If that goes as planned, then that's some really great customer service and would really make me want to buy their other products.
wut exaclty did u tell em? u got the wrong batch from a group buy and needed ones for the TL?
Old 02-12-2005, 04:42 AM
Racer

Its really hard to explain. This problem wont happen again. And yeah, their customer service is really good. Think about it, they sold you a product that cost about a hundred dollars to make. And they are replacement it with a free one and shipping it for free. They are losing a lot money just to keep their reputation
Old 02-12-2005, 05:28 AM
Comptech Freak

Its really hard to explain. This problem wont happen again. And yeah, their customer service is really good. Think about it, they sold you a product that cost about a hundred dollars to make. And they are replacement it with a free one and shipping it for free. They are losing a lot money just to keep their reputation
ouch, stop advertising here...

you claimed yourself you are a megan distributor but yet to provide us some GB or any actual products....instead you are bashing other ppl who's selling it. dave from v6p is a gd guy and nobody can beat his price (and i doubt you will if you decide to sell), he's really contributing to other members, i don't fucking care if he makes money on me, if the price is right. at least he doesn't rip ppl off and they really got their headers and happy.

and no, they don't cost a hundred dollar to make, it's not made with titanium

a few lb of stainless steel costs less than a few bucks, the labour cost in china is low enough to keep to cost cheap, if that really a case then they are going bankrupt by selling 175 shipped a set with free replacement.

the reason why comptech are expensive because they are made in USA, basically the same materials used but labour cost is expensive.

when you become a vendor here then we know you are meaning sth, but otherwise it's just trash talking here
Old 02-12-2005, 02:35 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Originally Posted by samkws
ouch, stop advertising here...

you claimed yourself you are a megan distributor but yet to provide us some GB or any actual products....
First off, I don't see him advertising here...he ain't offering to sell any product to you.
Secondly, this is what you call following forum rules. The reason he ain't and can't sell is because he's not an official vendor on this site.

Read closely...get your facts straight before bashing someone.
Old 02-12-2005, 06:02 PM
All go, no show

Labor costs don't account for a ~$900 price differential. Most of it really is reputation - you pay for peace of mind.
Old 02-12-2005, 06:58 PM
Racer

Wow Its really nice to see a mod standing up for me. I really appreciate this

Anywayz, Samkws you really need to get your facts straight before you say anything. Dave already got in trouble with megan for selling at that price and he WILL NOT get anymore headers. He took peoples money two months before actually shipping the product out and thats just plain wrong. I dont care what kind of guy he is, if he takes the money, he better provide the goods in a timely fashion. Two months is simply not reasonable.
True the metals dont cost one hundred dollars to buy but what about labor and welding and simply road test? Also, have you ever thought about international shipping cost? If shipping across the us costs 30 bucks how much do you think international shipping would be? Before you start bashing about asian labor, did you know that many tein products are made in china? Im not on this forum to argue with you nor am i trying to advertise. But i really dont appreciate you coming here and bashing on me for no reason. Im on this forum trying to help people out wtih defected products and yes, they are losing money to provide what they are suppose to. Everyone has their own rights to an opinion, but get your facts straight before you start bashing because itll only make yourself look bad.
Old 02-12-2005, 10:40 PM
Comptech Freak

Originally Posted by Lawaia
First off, I don't see him advertising here...he ain't offering to sell any product to you.
Secondly, this is what you call following forum rules. The reason he ain't and can't sell is because he's not an official vendor on this site.

Read closely...get your facts straight before bashing someone.
i was with a sarcastic tone coz he keeps praising it but nth comes up here

that's y i suggest him becoming a vendor and make a GB since he's a distributor
Old 02-12-2005, 10:55 PM
Comptech Freak

Wow Its really nice to see a mod standing up for me. I really appreciate this

Anywayz, Samkws you really need to get your facts straight before you say anything. Dave already got in trouble with megan for selling at that price and he WILL NOT get anymore headers. He took peoples money two months before actually shipping the product out and thats just plain wrong. I dont care what kind of guy he is, if he takes the money, he better provide the goods in a timely fashion. Two months is simply not reasonable.
True the metals dont cost one hundred dollars to buy but what about labor and welding and simply road test? Also, have you ever thought about international shipping cost? If shipping across the us costs 30 bucks how much do you think international shipping would be? Before you start bashing about asian labor, did you know that many tein products are made in china? Im not on this forum to argue with you nor am i trying to advertise. But i really dont appreciate you coming here and bashing on me for no reason. Im on this forum trying to help people out wtih defected products and yes, they are losing money to provide what they are suppose to. Everyone has their own rights to an opinion, but get your facts straight before you start bashing because itll only make yourself look bad.
ok, we are into some business 101 here

let' s not talk about dave coz i don't know him well either, but if i own a company like megan who would ever sell their products if they have to sell below the cost?

labour is ridiculous cheap in China and all you need is a molding and some steel, whatelse? give two more bucks to make it looks like high polish.

shipping only cost less than a few bucks each by ground, even by air would cost way less than 30 bucks....they ship by cargo so it's not expensive at all

my dad owns a cargo shipping business in Hong Kong and Mainland China and has been working for 40 yrs in the shipping industry, and i have been some business trips with him to China and know those things so well, as my uncles are running factories in China.

brand names clothes like tommy, polo are still making big bucks even selling at outlet malls for cheap, my dad ships them to US and they are shipped via AIR...imagine

so NO, they are not losing money, but just not making a huge profit from it
Old 02-12-2005, 10:58 PM
Comptech Freak

Labor costs don't account for a ~$900 price differential. Most of it really is reputation - you pay for peace of mind.
my uncle owns a factory in a rural area of Shanghai, china, and his workers are earning 2.50 US A DAY!!!

in US those would be 25US an hr at least
Old 02-12-2005, 11:04 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by samkws
ok, we are into some business 101 here

let' s not talk about dave coz i don't know him well either, but if i own a company like megan who would ever sell their products if they have to sell below the cost?

labour is ridiculous cheap in China and all you need is a molding and some steel, whatelse? give two more bucks to make it looks like high polish.

shipping only cost less than a few bucks each by ground, even by air would cost way less than 30 bucks....they ship by cargo so it's not expensive at all

my dad owns a cargo shipping business in Hong Kong and Mainland China and has been working for 40 yrs in the shipping industry, and i have been some business trips with him to China and know those things so well, as my uncles are running factories in China.

brand names clothes like tommy, polo are still making big bucks even selling at outlet malls for cheap, my dad ships them to US and they are shipped via AIR...imagine

so NO, they are not losing money, but just not making a huge profit from it
They're not molded, they're welded. You need a skilled welder to do the job otherwise they will crack and leak.
Old 02-12-2005, 11:10 PM
Comptech Freak

Originally Posted by mclarenf3387
They're not molded, they're welded. You need a skilled welder to do the job otherwise they will crack and leak.
i mean b4 they get welded, they can't just make up some piece to weld right?

but still you can't believe the labour cost is that cheap, and they are all skillful enough, they are like robots that only pays 2.50 a day

my boss he had a factory that makes watches

and he always bash about the production of the fake rolex, it's so easy to make a fake Rolex and the quality will suceed the Real Rolex with a smoother polish

and guess how much to make one? less than 20 USD, nobody will tell a difference

there were a numerous times they got a real and a fake watch for an expert in watches, and almost none of them can tell which is real, and some even say the real one is a fake one
Old 02-12-2005, 11:18 PM
Comptech Freak

sorry for being off topic, but just listing some examples and they are real cases

you can find a 100% look a like Rolex in China for 20 USD

i know that coz i got one~ :P

if an automatic watch like rolex is selling at that price, then why the megan headers costs way that much? it's up to you guys to figure out yourself
Old 02-13-2005, 12:29 AM
Racer

I dont really feel like arguing with you here because we are not on the same boat. Im gonna try to be a gentleman and try to end it here. Megan is doing a great job by providing support for the few defected parts. Thats something you and I can agree with because you dont see many companies doing the same. As far as costs goes, any type of replacements will be consider losing money since the price they set initially was a price that did not include any type of replacement calculations. So by making a new set and doing all the other work will increase cost and decrease profit. In this case, they are losing money wheather you believe it or not doesnt bother me a single bit because its something they decide to do. But the profit that they are losing is marginally small because only a few are defected.

As far as cargo shipping and labor fees, I cant get into it because you and I dont know the exact figures to begin with. And yes, it is cheaper than the US. And also, shipping in the US does cost 30 dollars for headers not including insurance. If you dont believe it go check on UPS or simply ask any members who have shipped before. Its not a letter you are shipping, its over 20 lbs.

As far as the molding stuff goes, its not that easy as putting steel together. Mclaren is right, you need a skilled welder. If not, why dont you make your own? Why did you buy a used comptech one? And also, its not a sweatshop, its a factory that does welding. And they dont spend two bucks to polish. Its T-304 stainless steel that doesnt need polish. And no, the average income in rural china is around 3000-4000 a year fper household. Thats around 300 a month so I dont know where you got the 2 bucks a day. Remeber not everyone in China ride bikes, some can afford cars too and that doesnt come with 60 bucks a month. The income and price gap between here and CHina is huge but that doesnt mean they get rich with 100 bucks. its a country you are talking about and the largest growing nation in the world. Their GDP and GNP is growing at a rate no country can compare with

I didnt really understand the whole point of you accusing me of advertising. Yes, I would like to sell megan products on this site. But no, Im not selling on here because after the vendor fees, members will not get a really good deal. Its better for them to purchase the product from a different source.

If you have any more complaints or suggestions, please just pm me. I dont think members on here wants to read any more discussions you and I have been writing. Im here to make friends and meet car lovers. Im not here to argue topics that is going no where. If you dont like what Im saying just pm me or report me to the mod. Take this the MATURE route and stop this childish keyboard trash talking.

I truly hope a mod can close this discussion
Old 02-13-2005, 01:07 AM
Comptech Freak

I dont really feel like arguing with you here because we are not on the same boat. Im gonna try to be a gentleman and try to end it here. Megan is doing a great job by providing support for the few defected parts. Thats something you and I can agree with because you dont see many companies doing the same. As far as costs goes, any type of replacements will be consider losing money since the price they set initially was a price that did not include any type of replacement calculations. So by making a new set and doing all the other work will increase cost and decrease profit. In this case, they are losing money wheather you believe it or not doesnt bother me a single bit because its something they decide to do. But the profit that they are losing is marginally small because only a few are defected.

As far as cargo shipping and labor fees, I cant get into it because you and I dont know the exact figures to begin with. And yes, it is cheaper than the US. And also, shipping in the US does cost 30 dollars for headers not including insurance. If you dont believe it go check on UPS or simply ask any members who have shipped before. Its not a letter you are shipping, its over 20 lbs.

As far as the molding stuff goes, its not that easy as putting steel together. Mclaren is right, you need a skilled welder. If not, why dont you make your own? Why did you buy a used comptech one? And also, its not a sweatshop, its a factory that does welding. And they dont spend two bucks to polish. Its T-304 stainless steel that doesnt need polish. And no, the average income in rural china is around 3000-4000 a year fper household. Thats around 300 a month so I dont know where you got the 2 bucks a day. Remeber not everyone in China ride bikes, some can afford cars too and that doesnt come with 60 bucks a month. The income and price gap between here and CHina is huge but that doesnt mean they get rich with 100 bucks. its a country you are talking about and the largest growing nation in the world. Their GDP and GNP is growing at a rate no country can compare with

I didnt really understand the whole point of you accusing me of advertising. Yes, I would like to sell megan products on this site. But no, Im not selling on here because after the vendor fees, members will not get a really good deal. Its better for them to purchase the product from a different source.

If you have any more complaints or suggestions, please just pm me. I dont think members on here wants to read any more discussions you and I have been writing. Im here to make friends and meet car lovers. Im not here to argue topics that is going no where. If you dont like what Im saying just pm me or report me to the mod. Take this the MATURE route and stop this childish keyboard trash talking.

I truly hope a mod can close this discussion
i am talking about the cost of making the headers here, and you don't know shit here

i got my dad running shipping business and uncles running factories up in china, and i have been there myself too, it's not as gd as you think of

you haven't been there and just throw some est. stats to a Chinese?
you making yourself look like a fool coz you just read the stats numbers and try to make things up.

i am telling you the facts coz i know these but you just simply ignore and keep thinking they really don't make any money from it

all i was to say is they are not losing money since they are so cheap to make one

btw megan is a nice product, i never said anything bad about it

i hope you will get my pt, have a nice day
Old 02-13-2005, 01:18 AM
Racer

Nice to know you are chinese too. I was born in taiwan and moved here when i was young. Anywayz, good luck on your company. I get your point but I hope you get mine.
Old 02-13-2005, 01:22 AM
Comptech Freak

i am a FOB LOL
Old 02-13-2005, 01:32 AM
Banned

im trying to become a distributor for megan .. so we will see where that goes
Old 02-13-2005, 08:57 AM
2400 Watts in a TL...Why?

As much as I want to hear about production factories in mainland China that produce Tommy clothes... let's try to keep this thread on topic..

Samkws.... I don't want to have to find the thread about you saying you were going to get the Megan ones but you happen to find the Comptech used... because if you hadn't found your used Comptechs you would be in the same boat as everyone that has picked up Megan headers.

Keepingitclean - is simply telling any one that has purchased Megan headers, that Megan Racing is honouring any misfitment issues and is replacing any part for free with free shipping..

This is basically like someone reporting a recall on a popular aftermarket part, how is this advertizing?? I still don't even know keepingitclean's website, if he even has one?

Even though he is not advertizing here he is still a member. It would be selfish and inconsiderate if "keepingitclean" knew Megan was replacing the misfit headers with new ones, and I didn't tell everyone here about the replacements. If Keepingitclean was to contact ONLY HIS megan customers (not from A-TL.com) and NOT tell the members here about the replacements from Megan, I would personally consider that bad business and customer service.... However he is doing the exact opposite!!! even though he didn't sell many of us our Megan headers he is going the extra distance to pass the info along about the replacements parts, the guy I got my headers from hasn't called me or messaged me about replacements that says something about Keepingitclean's integrity, he could have said "screw the a-tl.com guys I didn't sell them their headers, let them find out from the person they bought their headers from!!", but he didn't....

I'm not trying to prolong this petty arguement, especially considering only the people with Megan headers should be concerned with this thread, I just find it is bluntly obvious that Keepingitclean is not trying to sell anything through his posts here and he has been doing a ton to help out customers that have never even been his!!

If Megan hadn't fixed the fitment problems with their headers, they would be hearing complaints for years, that wouldn't be the best way to enter into the aftermarket parts industry....I give props to Megan for going the extra distance and fixing the problems right away. It will set them back finantially, but having a company go "into the red" to keep their customers satisfied says alot, hence leading to ongoing customers and a good sence of confidence in a company..
Old 02-13-2005, 11:51 AM
All go, no show

^^ Good point Residual.

Megan is taking a hit to send out replacement headers, which is very commendable and will build their customer base. This is a far cry from the "F U" i heard OBX gives you if you complain about headers that crack while still under warranty.

If Megan ships me a new set of headers that fit without bumping my oil pan and sounding like a piece of paper caught in a fan, I'll definitely consider buying their products again in the future no questions asked.

I should be hearing back from Megan in a week or two; I'll keep you guys posted.
Old 02-13-2005, 01:19 PM
boo

As many Megan threads are there nowadays, I kinda see where Sam is coming from. (Aside from the import & export and stuff lol)

The problem that I have is that since I bought mine off of ebay way before any of these groupbuys, (October 2004 to be exact) and was the first one to post on the forums publicly here, that keeepingitclean says Im not covered because of where I bought them.

Well excuse me if I bought mine off of ebay brand new, but would it make it any less of a Megan cause I didnt buy straight from them or from the VP6 groupbuy? Keepingitclean, not trying to bash on you or Megan, but I dont believe that is fair to me. But thank God I don't have any fitment problems.

But on the other hand I feel that if it breaks or whatnot it was a rather inexpensive alternative to OBX, Stones and Comptechs. We'll see how Megan treats me if anything happens to it. Not that I expect anything better than AEM customer service which is my
Old 02-13-2005, 02:37 PM
Racer

When you make an accusation, you need to explain your situation. I never said you were not covered because I never got a pm from you. I have on my computer, a list of people with their shipping info. Out of everyone who contacted me, all of them were granted with a replacement. I really dont know what you are talking about because till this day, Ive never said no to a replacement on pm.
To make myself clear, everyone is covered unless you brought from a ebay website stating clearing that it doesnt come with warranty or you bought it used from someone clearly knowing there was a problem. There was only one time on the private party sale where i clearly stated that header was not covered. The reason is because the orginal buyer needs to contact me and get a replacement before selling because i dont believe its fair to pass on the problem to smeone else. I believe Im being fair enough.

Quick Reply: megan headers