Major 02 Tls Trani Problem - Please Read

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2001, 01:29 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Major 02 Tls Trani Problem - Please Read

Lasrt night, Thanksgiving night, I drove from Queens, NY to Brooklyn NY. Everything was OK on the highway, but when I pulled to a light, I went to shift the nob from SS mode to manual, and it got stuck. I couldn't beleive it, it just din't move. I had my girl in the car and I was blocking trafic. The car was acting like it was in neutral, so I couldn't go anywhere. I played around with the nob for a while until I was able to force it into reverse. I reversed out of the middle of the road and parked in space blocking a driveway.

I then forced the nob back into the SS mode, but the car went back to neutral status. I tried everything to make it work but it didn't. I finally had to call Acura and a truck came and took it to the shop. Today they delivered it to an Acura dealer. The dealer said they can't get to it till next monday. I don't know if the trani is out, if there is a major problem or if it is just a fuse or a circuit burn out or something that would make the computer lock up the trani like that.

The whole experience was embarasing because, there I was with a brand new, shiny car, a fly well brested, sexy asian girl in the passenger seat an a big truck with its lights flashigng getting ready to tow my car. People were passing us by and saing "damn," That's F-up.

Has this ever happened to any of you before? Does anyone know what might have caused this. Any information would be appreciated. I'm very concerned. Thank you for your time and support in advance.
Old 11-23-2001, 04:52 PM
Buckle Up

I know some guys over at the CL board have messed up trannys. Havent heard anything bout that for the TL's. But that seems to be a weird problem. Over the year I havnet read anytihng like that. Sux.
Old 11-23-2001, 05:59 PM
¤ Club Inspire ¤

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Actually...many people are having failing trannys from the 02 TL-S. If you do a search, You'll find a bunch of people with failed transmissions. That sucks man.....got a pic of ur girl?!!?!? :p
Old 11-23-2001, 06:08 PM
Race Director

That has never happened to me ever. Every single time that I have been dead on the road (about 6-10 times), I've been alone or with a buddy of mine. That sux with the girl in the car, especially a "well-breasted" one.

Some CLs are having major tranny problems as was mentioned.
Old 11-23-2001, 06:51 PM
Pro

" a fly well brested, sexy asian girl in the passenger seat"

Can't say i've been in that situation before.....damn....
Old 11-23-2001, 08:37 PM
¤ Club Inspire ¤

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i want to be in that situation!!!! :p :p
Old 11-24-2001, 02:39 PM
Racer

Originally posted by ElegantTL
Actually...many people are having failing trannys from the 02 TL-S. If you do a search, You'll find a bunch of people with failed transmissions. That sucks man.....got a pic of ur girl?!!?!? :p
I don't have a digital camara so getting a picture of her on this thread would be a challenge. However, I'm going on vacation soon, and I plan to purchase a Digital Camara. When I do, I will honor your request. I'm not Asian myself, so to me she's like a trophy. She is hot though. I saw her on the way home from work one day on the train. We made eye contact a few times, and that prompted me to get out at her stop and talk to her. Got her number and took her out the very next night. Everything was cool and formal until I picked her up in my WDP 02 TLS. Ever since she saw her address displayed on my stock Navi, she's been hooked. I often take her out with my personal and corporate friends, just to show off.

Since trani problems are familiar to many of you, I'll keep you all informed as the Acura Service Dep. lets me know what was wrong with the trani and what caused it so you all can proactively address this isssue. In the mean time, please continue to offer feedback and support.
Old 11-24-2001, 02:53 PM
Racer

Just spoke to my Asian honey. She mentioned that on the way from queens to brooklyn on the highway, she might have pressed on the shift nob with her right hip a few times. I will not disclose how that happened but you smart folks can figure it out . My car will not be checked out till monday the 26th, but I presume that perhaps the Shift knob could have been between gears when she pressed on it with her hip. This may have caused the computer to lock the trani after I got out of the highway to protect it from getting messed up.

So the moral of this story is to simply be careful with the shift knob even under unusual or special situations. A lot of ladies probably won't understand this so make sure that you let them know of the possible implications.
Old 11-24-2001, 03:18 PM
Drifting

WAAAYY too much detail for a tranny problem! :p
Old 11-24-2001, 03:49 PM
Racer

Originally posted by daverman
WAAAYY too much detail for a tranny problem! :p
I know, I know......Oh well....