Maintenance Required Light

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2005 | 06:47 PM
Intermediate

Maintenance Required Light

It comes on and flashes a million times...however, I performed all the scheduled maintenance myself...oil change, change plugs, all fluids checked, wheel alignment, air filter change, etc...it's been going on for a while now its worse. how can i shut it off?
Old 09-28-2005 | 07:57 PM
Missing Machismo

do a search .....id post a link for you but i dont know how ---but the answers there..
Old 09-28-2005 | 08:22 PM
/etc/car

The paperweight in the glove box is actually a manual.
Old 09-28-2005 | 08:22 PM
Pro

How come no one ever reads the manual before driving the car?

But here what it says word for word:

For the first 6,000 miles after the Maintenance Required Indicator is reset, it will come on for two seconds when you turn the ignition switch ON (II).

Between 6,000 miles and 7,500 miles this indicator will light for two seconds when you first turn the ignition switch ON (II), and then flash for ten seconds.

If you exceed 7,500 miles without having the scheduled maintenance performed, this indicator wil remain on as a constant reminder.

How the reset the light:
1. Turn off the engine.
2. Press and hold the select and reset buttons on the instument panel, then turn the ignition switch ON (II)
3. Hold the buttons for approx. ten seconds until the indicator resets.

Oh, and maybe try a search next time Maybe on "Maintenance light" ?
Old 09-28-2005 | 08:26 PM
Boomer SOONER

Originally Posted by SwampGas
haha, very true
Old 09-28-2005 | 09:57 PM
Senior Moderator

ahahaha

Originally Posted by crazym0nkey

For the first 6,000 miles after the Maintenance Required Indicator is reset, it will come on for two seconds when you turn the ignition switch ON (II).

Between 6,000 miles and 7,500 miles this indicator will light for two seconds when you first turn the ignition switch ON (II), and then flash for ten seconds.

If you exceed 7,500 miles without having the scheduled maintenance performed, this indicator wil remain on as a constant reminder.

How the reset the light:
1. Turn off the engine.
2. Press and hold the select and reset buttons on the instument panel, then turn the ignition switch ON (II)

Old 09-29-2005 | 08:57 AM
/etc/car

Um. Seriously. We need to make it a checkbox during registration of the forum...if they don't check it then there's a big flag next to their name.

Everyone should plan for an extended bowel movement and at least skim through the manual. You may not be an expert by any means, but you'll at least be able to say "hmmm I think I saw something about that in the manual," or "hmmm so THAT'S why my radio says CODE and the TCS light keeps flashing when I'm trying to impress some girlies at a red light."

Not searching the forum first seems to be a forgiveable offense since you genuinely might not understand that...but not reading the manual? Come on.
Old 09-29-2005 | 12:27 PM
Senior Moderator

Um. Seriously. We need to make it a checkbox during registration of the forum...if they don't check it then there's a big flag next to their name.

Everyone should plan for an extended bowel movement and at least skim through the manual. You may not be an expert by any means, but you'll at least be able to say "hmmm I think I saw something about that in the manual," or "hmmm so THAT'S why my radio says CODE and the TCS light keeps flashing when I'm trying to impress some girlies at a red light."

Not searching the forum first seems to be a forgiveable offense since you genuinely might not understand that...but not reading the manual? Come on.
Old 09-29-2005 | 02:05 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by crazym0nkey

How the reset the light:
1. Turn off the engine.

Oh, and maybe try a search next time Maybe on "Maintenance light" ?
Thanks for that tip dude.