Looking for ideas and advice

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2002, 02:47 PM
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb Looking for ideas and advice

I've had my TL-S since March. I bought for my 29th birthday. It's anthracite and ready to hit 6k miles. I hope the enthusiasm I see on these message boards translates into some help here.

First, what spoilers are available. I've only see the factory or factory style on the car. I've seen a flush style spoiler online, but don't really know how it would look on my car. Any input/advice on spoilers for the TL-S? I'm looking for something that is different but looks good.

Any advice on lowering?

I'm interested in euro-style tail lights, but can't find anything like that right now. Ideas one what can be done?

Other thangs I'm thinking about are body kits and better sound system.

Last, but not least, I'll be in the market to look at little thangs I can do to improve hp and torq.

I'm not a mechanic, and I've only worked on older cars minimally in the past, so use small english words in your advice.

Old 07-04-2002, 10:34 PM
Advanced

It is kind of hard to give you advice on what sort of modifications you should get without knowing how much you are willing to spend.

As for the spoilers, there is a Mugen, Wings West, and OEM. Do an image search on the website and you will surely find pics of the fore-mentioned spoilers. Of course you could always go for a universal spoiler if that is your cup of tea.

Rule the Altezza lights out, even IF they made them for the TL, I would not recommend getting them.

Again, from a performance standpoint, it all depends on how much you are willing to spend on your car. A strut bar is a good start for better handling characteristics, and some new rubber on the tires as well. Lowering the car slightly (but not too much) will also give it a handling edge. As far as power goes, the AEM Cold Air Intake or the Injen Intake is your best dolllar for dollar purchase. If you really want to beef up the car, then go for the great Comptech headers and an exhaust system. All of those things combined will make a substantial increase in horsepower.

Good luck with your car
Let us know how it turns out.
Old 07-05-2002, 08:13 PM
2nd Gear

Looking to spend a few hundred at a time

thanks for the input. I'm looking to spend a few hundred at a time. I want to lower it a bit...maybe an inch. what is the best brands for that?