Long Island Tlers

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2006, 01:10 PM
Loving my 08 TLS!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Long Island Tlers

For the people living in the Long Island, NY, which dealership do you get your car serviced? Thanks.
Old 06-30-2006, 02:40 PM
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
How far out in LI? Rallye and Valleystream are the two closer ones towards the city.
Old 06-30-2006, 06:00 PM
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I Use Rallye In Wantagh
Old 06-30-2006, 06:26 PM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Island Acura is the one in Wantah,
Old 07-01-2006, 12:09 AM
TLingggggggg

Any place but Paragon but thats in Queens....Long Island Representttt but Im from Queens so I guess that doesnt count either....
Old 07-01-2006, 07:39 AM
Loving my 08 TLS!

Originally Posted by AcuraBuddy
Any place but Paragon but thats in Queens....Long Island Representttt but Im from Queens so I guess that doesnt count either....
I live in queens too, but currently work in the island so looking to get a dealership near there. It looks like Rallye is the closest one, so I give them a try. Thanks all!
Old 07-01-2006, 07:54 AM
Race Director

i bought my TSX from rallye acura in roslyn.
Old 07-01-2006, 09:32 PM
Racer

I use Rallye Acura in Roslyn as well.

My service rep is Stephen Greiner. A great guy and the only rep that I would use there. He always listens and makes sure all my little worries are taken care of. For example, I hate having them wash my car or taking it for test drives. He makes sure stuff like that does not happen.

Customer service is excellent at Rallye but like all dealers they are pricey. Their body shop is excellent as well.
Old 07-01-2006, 09:49 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
i'd stay away from rallye. their very unprofessional.
Old 07-01-2006, 09:50 PM
TLingggggggg

hmmm I guess next time I ll use Rallye or something because Paragon is like arghhh so slow on service and I hate the lying
Old 07-01-2006, 11:44 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by CleanCL
i'd stay away from rallye. their very unprofessional.
I would like to hear why you say that? You simply cannot post something like that without explaining why.

I have not had any terrible experiences with them.

Looking forward to your post.
Old 07-01-2006, 11:48 PM
Suzuka Master

at first they were refusing to do the recall on my transmission.

secondly an associate there was harassing my friend. to keep it short, we went in looking at a car, and of course we gave our phone numbers, and the number was used to make numerous personal calls which was not welcomed. i had some words w/ the person in the parking lot where they remained calm. then i received a phone call w/ insults and claims of personal injury.

not the kind of people i want to do business with.
Old 07-02-2006, 01:40 PM
Racer

at first they were refusing to do the recall on my transmission.

secondly an associate there was harassing my friend. to keep it short, we went in looking at a car, and of course we gave our phone numbers, and the number was used to make numerous personal calls which was not welcomed. i had some words w/ the person in the parking lot where they remained calm. then i received a phone call w/ insults and claims of personal injury.

not the kind of people i want to do business with.
I'm surprised to hear that. I really am.

Why didn't they want to do the recall on the tranny?
Old 07-02-2006, 03:04 PM
10th Gear

im sorry i meant island acura in wantagh
Old 07-02-2006, 03:27 PM
Suzuka Master

my vehicle has a salvage title on it, but the tranny was replaced by acura.

island acura in wantagh is the best .
Old 07-02-2006, 03:35 PM
Racer

Ah.

Gotcha.
Old 07-02-2006, 04:16 PM
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
I must say, Island Acura was probably better than Rallye. I had both Valleystream and Rallye say they did some work when they clearly did not. It was something minor, but dont charge me for it on the bill and then lie to me then did it and then when I catch them lying tell me "oh it doesnt really matter" Got a refund for that one item that they didnt do afterwards but
Old 07-02-2006, 08:24 PM
TLingggggggg

WoW how did you convice them to replace you tranny for free at island Wantagh since you had a salvage title?
Old 07-02-2006, 09:20 PM
Suzuka Master

No, thats a long and comlicated story. I actually dealt with Acura in Valley Stream for the tranny replacement which I was charged for... needless to say I'm not happy with them.
Old 07-03-2006, 03:56 PM
'06 Acura TL

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I go to the Acura in BayShore...but live closest to Smithtown Acura...my friend actually works @ Smithtown acura...they seem nice there...only reason i go to bay shore is b/c thats where the free oil changes are at. Smithtown is in Central/Western Suffolk. (north to)
Old 09-19-2006, 05:56 PM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree Island Acura is the best!
Old 09-20-2006, 10:57 PM
Racer

Go to Valley Stream , very small dealership so they really try to take care of you , ask for Norman he is the Service Manager
Old 09-21-2006, 03:03 PM
Racer

heres my take on Island Acura from the very start:
day one back in oct. 2001 go in to look at the TL for the first time with my friend in the showroom for 15min we are there knowone approaches us we have to inturpurt 2 of the salesguys talking about the last nights baseball game. ok so the one guys gives me a book about the TL and a general idea of what the monthly lease is and we leave(granted i was only 18 at the time but still very unproffesional and silly on that there part) anyways i visit ralleye and smithtown find there monthly lease is 35 more a month for the same car so i decided to suck it up and go back to island. i go in this time with moms and we are greeted right away by that same sales guy that was to busy talkin about the baseball game with his coworker. so i tell him remember me hes so so on his response like is he supposed to be im like i was in here the other day and u threw that TL book at me and gave me a quick idea on wat the lease is gonna now he remembers so im like yea fuk u ur not making a sale off me i wont be dealing with u get me another salesman. ok so we lease the TL from pete and i also buy the spoiler that there gonna put on.

ok D day comes i get outta work at night go there with moms to get the car. inspect the car 2 small scratches that happened when they installed the spoiler sales guys like dont worry about it bring it in either 2marro im not worried i just say how about the first oil change hes like yea no prob ill have them take care of it then. go for the first oil change like 3weeks later(took the car on a long trip) and i mention the scratch to the service guy and of course they didnt do it. im like yea well peter was the sales guy and said hed have it taken care of and of course that was his day off so he wasnt there im like call him on the phone and ask him then cause this is bs he told me it was gonna get done. i get outta work go to pick the car up its like 6ish. In the back where they buffed came out like complete shit the scratches looked better this. now this is after hours now and theres just sum girl working there sayin bring it in 2marro. i bring it the next day that same smuck is there i tell him yea they fixed my car and now it looks like shit he proceedes to tell me that it was a "goodwill" fix i proceed to tell him that if they dont fix my car hes gonna have a real big problem cause this is bs. ok so as im waiting i go in the showroom and see pete working so i have him explain to the service smuck and now its oh where sorry this and that yea watever my 2nd bad expierence with the place.

cars at 4700 miles tranny is on its way out i bring it over explain to service smuck its slipping im told a new car shouldnt have a tranny problem. im like yea no shit. im asked if i have been "beating" on it i say listen stupid its got 4700 miles on it 2600 of which have been on the highway to florida and back. leave the car they call back tranny is bad there gonna cover it. get the car back with a 157 extra miles on it tell service smuck im told they have to roadtest it. ok 157 miles is bs so i tell the service guy look im either gonna beat the shit outta the guy who drove the car or you choice is yours so as i proceed to walk behind the desk cause im really gonna kick the shit outta this guy cause for sum reason everytime i go there im stuck dealin with him the genreal manger appears i guess he heard me yelling. i was so pissed anyway he apologizes over and over and i got like 3 free oil changes out of it i never took the car back there bc i hated this place so much. i left there after tellin that guy that if i see him on the street hes mine.

after that incident i started taking the car to bayshore and rayelle to get my services done.

36,634miles last and final time for sum reason and till this day i cant believe the fukin tranny goes 3 block from this dealership. unreal right ok so i limp the bitch over there service smuck def knows my face and keep looking at me but this time im dealing with someone else. ok i explain trans prob to the guy no prob hes aware of this. ok cool 2nd i say hey why they got it in there my headlight keeps fogging up on the drives side he says no prob hell have the tech take a look at it ok cool. theyll call me. 2days later i get the call trans is done already dam that was quick nice. but then he goes on to say the car was in an accident(now im thinking they fuked it up) no the tech says the car was in a previous accident thats why the headlight is fogged and there not gonna cover it. now thinking to myself well there goes that good experience with them. i proceed to say that car was NEVER in any kind of accident ever so if there paint overspray they put it there and i say mayb u should get someone that knows wat there lookin at to check it out. end of that day i get a call everything is good theyll replace the headlight yea no shit there gonna replace it cause it was a faulty pos. go get the car back curse out that guy too for calling me a lair and leave.

all in all id say fuk island acura id never buy another car there i always tell ppl my stories i still to this day would love to beat the shit outta 4 ppl that work there even if they dont work there anymore. im not the kinda person that has time for bs or the crap they made me deal with especially since i leased the car then i wound up buyin it cause i loved the dam thing so much even after i bought an m3 and a new lexus. mayb im the only one that had a shit experience from start to finish mayb im not. Anyways i was bored at work and had nothin to do thought id share my story.