Locked out of Navi reset

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2003, 07:24 PM
DHB
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Locked out of Navi reset

My wife accidently left the door of her TLS open before we left on vacation and we returned to find the battery completely discharged. After jump starting it I was greeted with the "enter Navi code" prompts but my wife couldn't remember where she left the codes. I (foolishly) attempted a number of codes to see if any would work but of course they didn't. Later on she found the codes which I thought was great news. Unfortunately now when the Navi comes up with the screen that prompts you to enter the codes it appears to be locked up as it won't let me type anything. Did the system lock up due to my exceeding a max number of attempts or something? Anyone know how to reset it so that it will allow me to enter the code? I tried disconnecting the battery for about 30 seconds but that didn't work. I even read the NAVI manual (OMG!) and didn't see anything for this. Any help is greatly appreciated because Acura Customer Help wasn't any help at all.
Old 06-21-2003, 07:53 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Please read the RULES....posting in ONE of the main forums is enough...i deleted the other one.
Old 06-21-2003, 07:59 PM
DHB
Instructor

Sorry, I forgot about that rule. I wonder....whenever someone needs to get the maximum number of readers for their message that's when this happens. Is it possible to have a feature that allows the posting person to select multiple forums where the post would appear?
Old 06-21-2003, 09:12 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Have you contact the Acura's service department?

To answer your 2nd question: I don't think it's a good idea to post in multiple forums. Otherwise there will be tons of duplicate posts and answers everywhere. Please follow the rule.
Old 06-21-2003, 09:19 PM
Liquid Ice

Received 89 Likes on 48 Posts
This is what some people had said to do to quickly reset the ECU (which would also reset the NAVI since it should kill all power to the car)... Don't know if this will really work or not.

Disconnect the battery terminals from the car so its not running on any juice.

Get in the car and press the brake pedal so the brake lights turn on ... this should drain any excess energy in the car and turn everything off. You might need to press the brakes a few times off and on ...

If it worked, then the NAVI should be reset and you shouldnt be locked out of it anymore.

If it didn't then disconnect the battery overnight (at least 8 hours) and then that should reset the NAVI so you can enter the code again.
Old 06-21-2003, 09:24 PM
Instructor

try disconnecting the battery again...it might reset the code, otherwise take it to the dealer.
Old 06-21-2003, 10:21 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Originally posted by DHB
Sorry, I forgot about that rule. I wonder....whenever someone needs to get the maximum number of readers for their message that's when this happens. Is it possible to have a feature that allows the posting person to select multiple forums where the post would appear?
Its a RULE for a reason....people don't like seeing the same damn post in multiple forums either...if you need an answer THAT quickly call the dealer.
Old 06-21-2003, 10:38 PM
DHB
Instructor

Ok I understand now ArN 2000 TL and agree with you. I truly did not mean to break any RULES and apologize (again) for doing so. Maybe I'm reading more into this than you intended or maybe you have had a bad day but it seems to me like you are coming down a bit strong. Just my opinion.

Thanks to everyone that has replied with helpful suggestions to the subject of this post. I have contacted the 1-800 number but the only service they offer is towing. The 1-800 number for customer service for techinical issues is Mon-Fri only and my dealer's service department isn't open until Monday morning. Something worth keeping in mind should you really have a bad problem huh? If the extended battery disconnect procedure or any other suggested procedures offered between now and Monday don't work then I will of course contact Acura on Monday.
Old 06-21-2003, 11:45 PM
Moderator Alumnus

No problem, but I hate when people post knowing they break the rules and apologize in advance...if you know your wrong, don't do it.

Anywho...i looked in the wiring diagram and you should pull Fuse 10 from under the passenger side dash because that is the only line that is 'hot' at all times going to the navi unit.
Old 06-22-2003, 06:09 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 616 Likes on 294 Posts
You may have to leave the car on for a certain period of time. I am not sure if it applies to the navi, but for teh stereo, if you input the wrong code a fewtimes, it locks you out, and the only way to reinput it is to leave the car in teh accessory II position, or running for awhile.

check the owners manual out and see if that applies to the navi as well.
Old 06-22-2003, 07:24 PM
DHB
Instructor

I did check the manual but it didn't seem to mention anything about how to reset the system when you are locked out. I don't know if leaving the car in ACC would have worked or not but I left the battery disconnected overnight and that did the trick! I was able to enter the codes and now all is well. Thanks for the suggestions everyone.