Laser jammers and next generation valentine one

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2001, 11:40 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Laser jammers and next generation valentine one

Is anyone currently using any laser jammers that are placed behind the front grill? Are they worth it? I have been hit by laser more and more in NJ and NY and the V1(any detector for that matter) offers almost no protection. Also, anyone know if there is a new V1 coming out? I think it is about time.
Old 06-18-2001, 08:28 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,760 Likes on 1,046 Posts
Talking

Take a read at this post for more info. This was discussed last week!!
http://www.acura-tl.com/ubb/Forum14/HTML/001955.html

------------------
1998 Iced Blue CL 3.0
Mods: * PIAA Superwhite Headlights ** Rabrig Superwhite corners ** PIAA 1100x Superwhite fogs ** Clear Bumpers (finally) ** tinted windows (20% rear / 35% rest) ** Weapon-R F1 Carbon Intake ** (NOW FOR SALE!!)

Moderator - 1st Gen and Car Talk Forum @ www.acura-cl.com
Old 06-18-2001, 12:12 PM
Instructor

I did read your post but it really didn't answer either question. I was looking for information from people currently using the laser jammers not radar jammers. Radar jamming is junk, but I think the laser jammers work. Does anyone own a "Blinder" system. I don't believe Laser jamming is illegal. Radar is cover by the FCC guidelines but laser is not since it is pulse light.
Old 06-18-2001, 12:28 PM
Senior Moderator

Any jamming is illegal. The Blinder supposedly works, but it's still illegal. You're using it to jam police department equipment. I don't know all of the legalities (I think there's some in that post as well), but if a cop caught you with it, you'd probably be in jail.....

Old 06-18-2001, 12:37 PM
Instructor

Hmm...

I'm pretty sure that a laser jammer is legal.

neojin
Old 06-18-2001, 01:08 PM
Senior Moderator

Exclamation

Here is a copy of a post from the previous discussion we had about this.... notice the word laser mentioned everytime radar is....

Jamming: Electronic Speed-Measuring Devices
28150. (a) No vehicle shall be equipped with any device that is designed for, or is capable of, jamming, scrambling, neutralizing, disabling, or otherwise interfering with radar, laser, or any other electronic device used by a law enforcement agency to measure the speed of moving objects.

(b) No person shall use, buy, possess, manufacture, sell, or otherwise distribute any device that is designed for jamming, scrambling, neutralizing, disabling, or otherwise interfering with radar, laser, or any other electronic device used by a law enforcement agency to measure the speed of moving objects.

(c) Except as provided in subdivision (d), a violation of subdivision (a) or (b) is an infraction.

(d) When a person possesses four or more devices in violation of subdivision (b), the person is guilty of a misdemeanor.

(e) Notwithstanding any other provision of law, a person who has a valid federal license for operating the devices described in this section may transport one or more of those devices if the license is carried in the vehicle transporting the device at all times when the device is being transported

Old 06-18-2001, 03:12 PM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wink

Originally posted by neojin:
Hmm...

I'm pretty sure that a laser jammer is legal.

neojin
Excuse me, but does anyone in the forums who is "really" considering the purchase of a Radar or Laser jammer give a rats a _ _ if it's legal or not?

I know lets do ANOTHER online poll to find the answer to this question?

Inquiring minds want to know!

------------------
'02 Acura TL-S
Satin Silver/Ebony, w/out NAV
Old 06-18-2001, 04:36 PM
Instructor

Where did you get "illegal" quote from?? Is that a specific state statute or federal. I've been looking on the internet and I believe the laser systems are legal.
Old 06-18-2001, 05:59 PM
Race Director

You guys who are going down the illegal/legal road are heading in the wrong direction. The laser jammer may or may not be legal [everywhere]. If you have one in a box in your living room, who knows if possession is legal or not. Read your state statue, there probably aren't federal laws covering this.

The reald question is "Is it legal to interfere with a police operation?" It would seem to me in all cities, counties, and states, the answer is "No, it is illegal." If a police office feels he is being jammed, what's the prevent him from writing at least an obstruction ticket? Don't you remember when someone who just witnessed a speed trap later flashes his headlights at unsuspecting, oncoming traffic to warn them of impending doom? Folks have been ticketed for doing that, don't remember the outcoming, but they were suspected of interfering with a police operation. Drivers who flashed their headlights claim freedom of speech.

Actively and purposely jamming a police laser gun that is trying to get a legal reading on your speed is clearly obstruction and intefering (at the least) in my book. Since I'm not a police officer, I can't comment on how lenient your local LEO might be. Perhaps they don't mind if you jam up their expensive equipment and just speed right thru their social gathering unfethered. Perhaps not.

------------------
* 2001 Acura CL Type S * Blk/Blk * Navigator * Spoiler * Moonroof Visor *
* Since 3/31/2000 *
Road Warrior