KYB struts; spring recommendations?

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2024 | 04:42 PM
TZH
Cruisin'

KYB struts; spring recommendations?

Hi all,

Bought TEIN Street Basis Z coilovers and 3 out of 4 are already leaking oil after 2 years. Looking for OEM replacement now.

I've seen that KYB GR-2's look like the best struts to achieve OEM feel, however, I am looking for spring recommendations if anyone has any.

I've seen people using H&R and Eibach, are there a specific spring from those brands that anyone can recommend? Will these H&R springs work with the KYB struts?

https://www.corsportusa.com/i-16396-...t-springs.html

I am looking for something that will last me at least 5 years, daily driving, and something comfortable to transport a 1-year old.

Also, are there any issues with installing springs from other brands onto KYB struts? I have a friend who will be doing the install for me, this was the only query he had.

Thank you in advance.
Old 08-01-2024 | 09:01 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by TZH
I've seen that KYB GR-2's look like the best struts to achieve OEM feel, however, I am looking for spring recommendations if anyone has any.

I am looking for something that will last me at least 5 years, daily driving, and something comfortable to transport a 1-year old.
KYB GR2s are a decent oem replacement. I've had them on a couple 6th gen accords and 5th gen preludes. But, they don't offer additional dampening or adjustment. If you have the funds KYB AGX are a much better option, they add additional dampening w/ adjustment. Between my old CLS and 6th gen accord, I've had the same set probably 10yrs, always paired with lowering springs. Originally I had skunk2s all around. But, later I switched the fronts to Tein H tech for more ground clearance. The AGXs add noticeable improvement over uneven road surfaces, potholes and in the turns.

The front driver is starting to leak, but it's not blown yet. In hind sight had I got them from Rockauto they could be warrantied out. So, that's really my only regret.

As for springs I haven't used H&R or Eibach, but I do like the Tein H techs. I have another set of Teins paired with AGX struts on my prelude. It's a really nice setup, with minimal drop.

Last edited by 619rcr; 08-01-2024 at 09:07 AM.
The following users liked this post:
TZH (08-01-2024)