Killed an Infiniti I30 on Mopac in Austin, TX...but more...he turned psycho! Read!

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2002, 03:21 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Killed an Infiniti I30 on Mopac in Austin, TX...but more...he turned psycho! Read!

Okay first the quick little kill story...then I want to ask for you guys' help. So I'm in Austin, TX tonight (02/14/02) at 9:30, and for those that live there they'll know where I'm talking about...I got onto Mopac (Loop 1) going south. To do that...I had to go down one street with 2 stoplights, then turn onto the feeder...which is 4 mi. long with 2 stoplights. So I go through the first two stoplights and notice a gray/brown Infiniti I30 on my tail really close the whole time. We turn down the feeder and stop at the third stoplight. He revs his engine and trails forward a bit...so I say ok screw it, I'm tired of him tailing me...I'll race him till I hit the speed limit and then level off. I turn off VSA and put it in D1. Light goes green...and sure enough he peels out...I peel out for less than a second and catch, slam it into D2 and get a full car length and a half in front of him by the time I reach the speed limit...40 mph. I completely kill him...he knows it, I know it...and that's it.

I'm done...so I wave at him to say ok...we're done...put on my turn signal (I was in the right lane) and get in the left lane ahead of him to get onto the highway. He follows me, tailing me, with his brights on the whole time. I say ok whatever, he must think I have my brights on...so I get onto the highway and in the far left lane to pass some traffic, going 5 mph over the speed limit, and get into the middle lane. He FLIES in front of me, flooring it to get ahead of me, has to slow down, and then jerks into my lane behind me with no signal, back on my ass again with his brights on. So I don't want him so close to me, so I speed up and get into the left lane and he follows...I stay in the left lane going 12 mph over the speed limit and he stays right on my ass. He gets so close at one point I was almost sure he had bumped me. I tap my brakes twice to get him to back off, which he does, then pulls up even closer...so I pull back into the middle lane (a total of 3 lanes) and he follows.

He then floors it, gets ahead of me, jerks back over into my lane ahead of me with no signal and stays in between the two lanes for a minute. He then finishes getting into my lane and slams on his brakes as hard as he can (no one ahead of me), I screech behind him and narrowly avoid hitting him...he then slows down to 30 mph (on a 65). So I'm getting a bit scared of this guy...wondering what is wrong with him. So I get into the left lane, him in the center, and try to pass him. He floors it, gets into the left lane ahead of me, and slams on his brakes again, then floors it. This continues for quite some time...getting more and more dangerous each time. I'm pretty sure he's going to slam so hard on his brakes in a minute either 1) I am going to rear end him or 2) the person behind me is going to rear end me. So I fake pulling the car into the left lane...he pulls into it...I downshift and fly ahead in the right lane, faking him off.

I get ahead of him, now going I would assume 20 mph over the speed limit, but I'm not going over the limit any more than that 60mph+20mph=80mph), I'm just not going to...so he's gaining on me...I notice ahead of me there is another I30, same color, pulling some seriously crazy moves in front of me....swerving around cars, into and out of the shoulder etc, trying to get into my lane. So I think ok great I have two psychos driving I30's trying to make me wreck. So I pull into the exit lane...the first psycho gets again gets ahead of me and pulls into the exit lane ahead of me, as does the other guy who's already ahead, and starts with his braking thing. I stay in the exit lane, making sure there's no one in the far right lane of the highway and wait until he passes the concrete barrier separating the offramp from the highway, then I pull back onto the highway over the white triangle...and he's gone.

Ok, so yeah...this guy is a total nutcase. He must've been mad at me for losing the race? I dunno...and I seriously doubt it was a coincidence that other I30 showed up and tag teamed with him. I assume they were friends. That was the scariest crap of my life. So, I got some of his info...his car type, color, blah, as well as his license plate number, N76NXC. I reported it to the cops, who said they'd look out for him around there...and I'm filing a formal complaint against the bastard tomorrow. Friendly racing from a stoplight up to the speed limit is ok...trying to kill the other guy if you lose...on the highway...in traffic...<sigh>.

Anyway, anyone who's reading this...if you see anyone post anything on an Infiniti site about an I30, either brown or gray in color, with a license plate N76NXC (I'm pretty sure) who raced a Black TLS on Mopac 1 going South between the 24th street and William Cannon exits at 9:30 at night on 02/14/02...let me know. I want to nail that bastard.

Thanks guys,
Austin519
Old 02-15-2002, 04:03 AM
Three Wheelin'

man that sux, that fvcking idiot. i feel for you man, it really piss people off. those jerks simply has no sportsmanship.

first lets talk about the car. the stupid i30 is so darn slow, i don't even know why they try to put on a race with us. their car is ****ty in terms of performance. i am not saying it's not nice, it's a very comfortable car. but when you do racing you dont' use the i30 period. it's even slower than the maxima... and for god's sake even the new i35 is slow.... how can the i30 compete with us. even with a soso driver we could smoke them in no time.

now talk about drivers. with what he did, he absolutely put himself in nowhere except the same level as those stupid civic ricers. i have gone through a lot of races with people. every time it's a civic, the outcome is going to be ugly. i beat them, slow down, they fly by with their fingers pointing at me. i mean, wtf? so everyone races with you has to lose to you? sorry butthead, i am sure you will be showing that finger a lot of times. on the other hand i have raced with is300, m3, etc.... and they are really nice people. no matter who wins, they slow down and give a thumbs up. stop and talk about cars, etc... now that's called respect, sportsmanship. every time i see fingers i would do two things. first laugh, second, put my car back in the right mode, blew by them again.

third, talk about safety. what that bastard does was really stupid and fvcking dangerous. i raced once with an is300 in mere traffic on freeway and i felt the great danger already. and now this guy intentionally get in front of you and slam his brake? i mean what the hell is wrong with him? this is way worse than showing his finger to me ass. that's probably the single most stupidest and low-level stuff done by any driver. if anything he disgrace most of the respectable i30 and i35 drivers out there. shame on you bastard.

and fourth, this is probably what i would have done. let me LOSE couple of times since we can do it all so easy. then when he is testing out his brakes in the most incorrect way, i would call the cops, tell them my position and what's going on. then i will stay on the freeway even if i missed my exits by all means. make sure i am within speed limit. wait till the cops appear, and when the cop pulls him over, i would stop as well and tell the cops that i am the victim and witness and i will testify against him.

dont' worry austin, you have done the right thing. those people don't deserve to be on the road, not to mention driving such an expensive luxury car.
Old 02-15-2002, 04:16 AM
Instructor

Austin--

Holy sh*t,

Austin.. you shoulda gave me a call.. i kinda wasted my night away... just drinking and chilling with my friends...

next time you see these guys..holler... i've seen a brownish I30 in west campus sometimes... hmm..wonder if that's him..(knowing the person who drives that car... it's possible..)

what a frickin' idiot... i dont' believe it.... i woulda honked my horn a bit.. and gave 'em a lil warning.
-jyang411
Old 02-15-2002, 04:17 AM
Banned

rominl:
Thanks bud. I actually tried to call the cops while I was still on the road...unfortunately no one picked up until like 15 mins later. Pathetic eh? But thanks, I just...wow...hmm...makes me wish I had been going to a meet with some fellow TLers or something...have them there with me. I agree about the crazy ricers...but hell I haven't even had a ricer be this bad to me. In fact I've never had something this bad happen to me...even that run in with the monster truck on the highway and the old man in atlanta trying to ram my car wasn't this bad...

Austin519
Old 02-15-2002, 04:23 AM
Three Wheelin'

Originally posted by Austin519
rominl:
Thanks bud. I actually tried to call the cops while I was still on the road...unfortunately no one picked up until like 15 mins later. Pathetic eh? But thanks, I just...wow...hmm...makes me wish I had been going to a meet with some fellow TLers or something...have them there with me. I agree about the crazy ricers...but hell I haven't even had a ricer be this bad to me. In fact I've never had something this bad happen to me...even that run in with the monster truck on the highway and the old man in atlanta trying to ram my car wasn't this bad...

Austin519
oh yeah, at least that guy was just pasting and go on with his 170mph..... but this jerks....
Old 02-15-2002, 04:24 AM
Three Wheelin'

Re: Austin--

Originally posted by jyang411
Holy sh*t,

Austin.. you shoulda gave me a call.. i kinda wasted my night away... just drinking and chilling with my friends...

next time you see these guys..holler... i've seen a brownish I30 in west campus sometimes... hmm..wonder if that's him..(knowing the person who drives that car... it's possible..)

what a frickin' idiot... i dont' believe it.... i woulda honked my horn a bit.. and gave 'em a lil warning.
-jyang411
umm.... seriously i don't know if horning was a good idea... austin tapped his brake and this guy did all these sh*t already. horning? maybe he would start going in reverse...
Old 02-15-2002, 07:35 AM
Racer

Maybe one of our members could run his tag. Then we could go teach them a lesson .
Old 02-15-2002, 07:42 AM
Racer

That is why I keep small caliber in the dash!!!!!!!! HA! Why didn't you call the cops immediately? I think that would be the second thing I did..... I'd like to report a homocide!! j/k
Old 02-15-2002, 07:48 AM
Banned

What a little b!tch, him and his car!! :thefinger
Old 02-15-2002, 12:34 PM
Intermediate

Originally posted by Austin519
I actually tried to call the cops while I was still on the road...unfortunately no one picked up until like 15 mins later. Pathetic eh?
Sorry to hear about that, glad to know you (and the car!) didn't get hurt.

Some cities have a special number you can dial to report drunk drivers. I've never had to call one, but I'd imagine that would get higher priority than calling the non-emergency police number. After all, for all you know, this fool could very well have been drunk or otherwise impaired (besides the obvious mental impairment).

-Steve
Old 02-15-2002, 12:35 PM
Three Wheelin'

DAmn...

That was some extremely dangerous **** he did. If that would have happened to me and he would have pissed me off, I probably would have slammed into him hard...got out of the car and beat the living crap out of him. Then I would have totaled his car even more. People like that shouldn't be driving, they should be in the mental asylum in one of those jackets in one of those cushioned white square rooms.

If the cops take 15 minutes to answer the phone in Texas, just pack a 9mm with a silencer
Old 02-15-2002, 12:52 PM
Pro

I felt ashamed of those Infiniti drivers. Hey, glad you are o.k. I own an Infiniti and TL-S (before). I would never dream to take on a Type-S.
Old 02-15-2002, 01:20 PM
Banned

yea those infiniti owners are real mature.
Sorry about that austin, wish i lived by you then i would make sure we went out and found them, CHICAGO STYLE
Old 02-15-2002, 01:26 PM
Banned

He was probably racing in his mom's car anyway, leave the little guy alone
Old 02-15-2002, 01:53 PM
O.G.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Damn, talk about a major case of road rage!:wow: I don't understand people...if you lose a race, you lose so move on. Austin, glad you and your car are ok. You did the right thing.
Old 02-15-2002, 02:11 PM
Having Fun?

That's some crazy sh*t. I hate people who don't drive responsible. Glad you made it out ok.
Old 02-15-2002, 02:16 PM
Shogun Assassin

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
OMG....:wow: I haven't even heard of something like that happening. Austin, I'm glad you're okay.

It's funny how it seems the cops aren't there to take those crazy f**kers off the road who are a danger to everyone but they're there to catch you doing 10mph over the speed limit.
Old 02-15-2002, 02:35 PM
Racer

hey

i have a question if you race someone and say you lose (but rarely ever happens) lol and they put the hazards lights on for a few seconds what does that mean?
Old 02-15-2002, 02:38 PM
Having Fun?

Re: hey

Originally posted by fastcarz3
i have a question if you race someone and say you lose (but rarely ever happens) lol and they put the hazards lights on for a few seconds what does that mean?
Basically an acknowledgement that they have won and are done racing. Good ethics, which Austin519's I30 friend obviously didn't have
Old 02-15-2002, 03:06 PM
Three Wheelin'

yup, usually the winner flash the hazards and then the losers flashes the high beam. this is good ethics and everyone should follow. i do that all the time (even if i lose) and we are all happy
Old 02-15-2002, 05:47 PM
16GS FSprt,03Max,12 335is

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Thats sad man, i own a 2k2 Max and a TLS and can sort of speak for I30/MAX drivers most of them arent like that. Romerl the I35 is far from being slow bud.
Old 02-15-2002, 06:49 PM
www.cardomain.com/id/perr

I 2nd what Monte said,

All Max I30/35 owners aren't like that prick and our cars aren't slow just slow drivers.
Old 02-15-2002, 08:21 PM
Instructor

Man, what a poor loser!! I'm glad he finally wised up and no one got hurt. Keep in mind that the average I30 driver is in his 50's, so the comments about Infiniti driver's being immature is a bit generalized - although it sure fits the two morons you ran into.

A 1st gen I-30 (fancy 4th gen Maxima) was avail with a 5spd and might make a race with the TLS at least a bit interesting - however, they are very rare, and I believe they made less than 1% in stick, though
Old 02-16-2002, 02:03 AM
Banned

Guys I appreciate the assurance I mean it. I needed it. I was pretty shaken up. I did call the police while on the road by the way, they just never picked up. And nah, it's not a general Infiniti I30 problem...it's just those two bastards!

jyang411:
I wish you were there man...damn I was scared outta my f*cking mind...but I know you wouldn't have gotten there in time...but boy...I wish I had my posse with me....

Austin519
Old 02-16-2002, 02:18 AM
Three Wheelin'

Re: Austin--

Originally posted by jyang411
-jyang411
I would have got in front of him and slowed him down, then @ a red start beating his a$$! I remember my son was in my car and some punk kid pulled this kind of $hit. It was only a two lane road and I got in front and slowed down to a complete stop. I got out of the car and started yelling and $hit and the kid started yelling "I'm sorry man, chill..." "Calm down man" and started panicing and put in reverse and then drive and passed me. I was going to follow, but I slowy started thinking what if he had a gun and shot me? So anyway I almost made the kid piss in his pants... Damn stupid people. When you get him call me Austin, I will fly down there and beat his a$$...
Old 02-16-2002, 12:04 PM
Safety Car

maybe he thought you were flicking him off , cuz u sed u waved
Old 02-16-2002, 05:54 PM
Banned

TommyBoi:
I thought about that...but I have no tint, I had my interior lights on...and I waved for a good 5-10 seconds...and really fast (not slow like ha ha ha screw you). Kinda like what I do when people honk at me...I smile and wave

Austin519
Old 02-17-2002, 08:59 PM
MB-Fanatic w/TL-S

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That's pretty messed up alright... but what's more important then being ok?? It could have been worse anyway(say, 4 I30s box you in the middle... )..... but my suggestion, next time, slam on the brake right at the beginning when he starts tailgating you, and sue his A$$.....

Andy Kuo
Old 02-18-2002, 01:42 AM
Instructor

If you have a face to face with the cops, be careful what you admit to. Don't know about your state, but in some states, engaging in a speed contest is a license suspension offense.
Old 02-18-2002, 10:55 AM
'Big Daddy Diggler'

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Something similar happened to me a few years ago on a local street called Central Avenue. Its a long street with 2 wide lanes and sometimes even 3 lanes. I was at a light and this old CRX pulls next to me. He throws revs at me and i throw revs back. I had my Contour SVT at the time with intake, headers, catback borlas, and some other stuff lie pulleys and piggy back ship. Anyways, i started reving too. As soon as the light turned green i dumped at like 4 grand and spun, but caught immediate traction and shot out the hole like an animal. I killed this guy by many car lengths to the next light. Then he started tailing me real close and he kept waving something at me. It could have been a cell phone, or it could have been a gun, it was at night and i couldnt tell. I got scared so i took defensive actions. all this happened at around 2am and he had someone else with him. Everytime he tried to get around me i just cut in front of him. I was already doing about 75 on central which is a 30 mph zone. Try being 17 with a worked car speeding next to another worked car. The cop would have locked me up for racing. Then the passenger put his hand out his window with what seemed like a gun and thats when i said **** it. I slammed on my brakes and cut my wheel to the right so damn hard that he had no choice but to go around me, stopping braking was not an option. But like an idiot he couldnt think quick and pulled to the right. He went to the right where i was and just and turned even more. I though he was gonna hit me so i downshifted and punched it. All i know is that he caught the curb and spun out behind me while i was booking down central. I hit a u turn and did a fly by the other way and saw all his tires flat and him in the middle of the street. Was very scary but i thought he had a gun so i did what i had to do to stay alive.
Old 02-18-2002, 11:59 AM
Banned

bigman:
Holy crap...yah I'd say that's worse than mine...geez.

lawman:
Agreed...it wasn't speed really...just accel off the light...but I will heed your advice.

AKRY:
I was just afraid he'd hit me. He was a pretty crazy individual.

Austin519
Old 02-18-2002, 03:10 PM
Burning Brakes

i told austin that something similar happened to me...so i did the best thing i could think of, call 911, to report them as they tailgated me and since i was close to the police station, i had them follow me there....!!! what foolzzzz, they obviously werent from round rock, cause they followed me into the parking lot and the cops were waiting for us...they blocked them from behind so they had no where to go. the driver went to jail...dont know what happned to passenger, and i went home....bwajajajajajjaja

the only bad thing is that i wasnt there to help out austin, oh well, maybe next time
Old 02-18-2002, 09:06 PM
Drifting

Re: Re: Austin--

Originally posted by evolaerok

I would have got in front of him and slowed him down, then @ a red start beating his a$$! I remember my son was in my car and some punk kid pulled this kind of $hit. It was only a two lane road and I got in front and slowed down to a complete stop. I got out of the car and started yelling and $hit and the kid started yelling "I'm sorry man, chill..." "Calm down man" and started panicing and put in reverse and then drive and passed me. I was going to follow, but I slowy started thinking what if he had a gun and shot me? So anyway I almost made the kid piss in his pants... Damn stupid people. When you get him call me Austin, I will fly down there and beat his a$$...
This is like me. I have a horrible temper and I will confront people if I feel like they are a threat to me. I have to learn to calm down though because you never know what kind of person you are getting into sh!t with.
Old 02-19-2002, 11:55 AM
Advanced

Idiots come in all flavors. I guess this brake thing is a popular trick, and can account for my last spaz out...

I cut some guy off in an Acura Integra in Bright Metallic Blue (2+ cars lengths) to get into an exit (95N 4-lane highway.) He tails me and trys to pass in the right of 2-laner (3-N). Fails miserably 3-4 times.

When I get into exit lane, he gets his chance & pulls in front. Okay...whatever... WTF... he's full braking. I full brake, hop around on ABS but avoid him. He zigs back out at the very end. I guess he didn't expect me to go through the grass to chase him down, but I did.

All I could see was red. I was going to follow him to work to beat the crap out of him, but my Insane compulsion to not be late made me break off the chase. I guess we were both lucky he didn't work close to me. For 4 years I looked for him, I may have spotted him once...