Just want to say sorry.... (please read)

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2001, 02:01 AM
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Unhappy Just want to say sorry.... (please read)

Okay... this might be OT... but I hope people get to read this post...

I just want to say sorry to other drivers in the GTA area. You really just can't blame me for losing my self-control, not in a TL. (TL related)

Well, I didn't go really fast (20km/h over post speed at the most) but I was kinda of driving recklessly.

I never cut people off.... but I did it today... because I had to exit the highway, and the guy beside me just won't let me switch to his lane... He pick up his speed as I pick up mine, and slow down as I slowed down. Well, so I drop into 3rd gear and just floored it. Cut him off, but a truck was merging into my lane. So I had to Jam on the brake. The guy that I cut off (which is now behind me almost kissed my ass, so did I almost kissed the truck)

My ABS kicked in really early. I guess that's because I did too much burnouts in the parking lot... Time for a new set of tires (now that's TL related)

Anyhow... I feel really sorry to others and really disapointed about myself. I like to do crazy stuff with my car, like playing 180, E-brake, some burnout.(empty parking lots only, don't try this at home/on da street!) But I rarely do anything that is dangerous to people around me. Well I did today......

Honestly, I feel SO GUILTY!!!!! My hands are shacking as I type this post! I can't imagine what's gonna happen if I caused an accident today. People might die because of my foolish actions!

Please say that I am an ASSHOLE!! BECAUSE I REALLY AM!!! Say it guys... maybe I will feel better... I will drive like a grand mom since now on......
Old 03-15-2001, 02:03 AM
Drifting

Oh, and I NEVER drink and drive..... NEVER EVER!!!
Old 03-15-2001, 02:17 AM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

Well, I'll say don't make it too hard on urself now.
From what I have seen, the other started by not letting u in. Well, what can u do, u have got to get off the highway right?
It is this kinna situations that, we have to look back and say: hmmm, ok should I be ticked off by other people's wrong doings. Or should I be calm and just enjoy my nice ride( TL ).
2nd thought: Ur action could have been a result of what u been doing in a empty parking lot. Well, I know there is nobody to be hurt in that lot. Except maybe urself or some slow walking bugs. Well, you probably think u are tough and felt very confident about urself for doing those tricks. ( I could be wrong! ) When I was 16, I thought I was a pro race car driver and I had some fierce accidents. I developed that kind of thinking in some open straight aways or midnight drive homes. But it was those kind of situations u have encountered today triggered that kind of reckless driving habbits. The next thing u know, road rage, people get hurt, cars gets totalled. We, drivers are driving 3000 pound killing machines everyday, on roads where there are lives. Think before we floor TLs next time.
Old 03-15-2001, 02:29 AM
O.G.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It's not totally your fault. Maybe you should have slowed down and just let that asshole pass you so you can get into the lane. This is how road rage begins. It is too dangerous nowadays to pissed people off in their cars because you never know what they have (gun). I know it's hard when people pissed you off on the road but remember that life is too short. Just know when to back down. It might save your life.
Old 03-15-2001, 02:33 AM
Drifting

Thanks kuan..... I see what you are saying... but I honestly don't think that I am a good "high performance" driver at all...

I have been to the race track, I have seem good driver with Miata smoke M3, S2000 and C5 corvette. I know what a good driver really is... So, please understand that I am not the kid "who thing he is the $hit"... yet at the same time I know what I really am... an skill above average driver without enought exprience.. (ha.. you can never have enought of those no matter how old you are)

I had my days you know... part or the road rage I guess... But I have quit that for long... I enjoy listen to my CD, and just set my speed at the post speed limit. I take it easy... just moving from point A to B... TL is a car that let you enjoy the process of going from A to B. Not a machine for you to RACE from A to B... I know that before I bought my car.. or else I could have got the type-R, S2000, or even the M3 and C5 Z06. I really could... but I had to lease the C5..

anyways... chill..... thanks for your opinion again... I will keep them in mind and take those incidents as a lesson that I have learned...
Old 03-15-2001, 02:37 AM
Drifting

Originally posted by BlackShadow:
It's not totally your fault. Maybe you should have slowed down and just let that asshole pass you so you can get into the lane. This is how road rage begins. It is too dangerous nowadays to pissed people off in their cars because you never know what they have (gun). I know it's hard when people pissed you off on the road but remember that life is too short. Just know when to back down. It might save your life.
Actually it was rush hours... I was swtiching from one highway to another... (401 to DVP for those who knows)

I tried to slowed down at first, but he slowed down and other cars got too close behind him.. I had no space... Had no choice... But I admit that it was actually "road rage" Some other drives have kinda pissed me off already... I am alway clam, but just today... That's why I feel so bad...
Old 03-15-2001, 03:30 AM
Racer

asshole

------------------
Bad ass TL...but...
Cant afford Mods.....
Old 03-15-2001, 03:40 AM
Racer

Cool

J/K

------------------
Bad ass TL...but...
Cant afford Mods.....
Old 03-15-2001, 03:53 AM
Instructor

I always cut taxi drivers off, cuz they always cut me off.... they think they drive a POS so no one would dare to do anything when they cut people off...
Old 03-15-2001, 04:34 AM
Drifting

Originally posted by Y2K_TL:
I always cut taxi drivers off, cuz they always cut me off.... they think they drive a POS so no one would dare to do anything when they cut people off...
Man..... I know what you are saying.... Damn those cab in downtown area are the worst... Most of them drives ex-police car (crown victoria) Damn... some of them even have front and rear crash bar... HOLY COW!!!
They got no respect for people...
Old 03-15-2001, 08:25 AM
Racer

SL... try not to do stuff like that on freeway. We don't want you to get hurt! As for the guy that was "playing" with you, he is just one insecure little asshole!!
As for the cabdrivers, I hate those assholes!
4 days ago, donwtown Philly, few ( read like 8) traffic lights were out by university of Pennsylvenia. Mad ass traffic, but everyone is just, u know going with the flow. and , this mofo is driving in parking lane and starts to move in on me, while I'm RIGHT NEXT to him. I was like WTF? And yes, I got big mouth, so I lowerd the window and started to yell. And this mofo, showed me middle finger. To make it short, I saw him grabbing something in his car, and my passanger friend started to freak out. Still, I didn't let him in.
Now, the lesson is this: let them in, bite your lip, but you might live longer.

------------------
2000 TL Pearl White w\o nav
1991 Volvo 940 Turbo Traded

"Just Shut Up and Enjoy the Ride"
Old 03-15-2001, 08:45 AM
Three Wheelin'

That's all you did? Come to NY for a week and you'll feel like Mother Theresa when you go home.

------------------

1999 Firepepper Red
Under Body Kit/Rear Wing Spoiler/26 Piece Wood Grain Console/BurlWood Shift Knob/
30% Smoke Tint/Comptech Sways & Springs (not installed yet)

More Pics
Old 03-15-2001, 10:53 AM
Pro

SL1200MK4:

don't make it too hard on yourself. Things like this happens, especially in TORONTO.

by the way, the persone who was blocking you deserves to go to hell.

Old 03-15-2001, 01:29 PM
Pro

Hey, it could be worse. I think we've all done stuff like that and its awfully big of you to own up to it to all of us. Chalk it up to the experience that you were claiming to lack. I think I would slow up and signal and hope someone is nice enough. May be rare, but some people actually are cool when they see you really need to cut over and are signalling. Definitely better than risking accidents. But hey, like I said, no harm done, lesson learned and try not to repeat, that what I try to do. (I do manage to find NEW mistakes to make though )

------------------
1999 Satin Silver TL Dunlop SP9000 215-45/17-mounted on CL-S 17" Rims
H&R Springs-Axiss MetalMasterPads-Crossdrilled Rotors
-Inspire Tailights-20/30/40 tint

Y2k S2K Honda Roadster
- Mingster Aeroscreen, Smokin Front mesh Grill, Clear Sidemarkers...
Old 03-15-2001, 01:50 PM

Don't be too hard on yourself. The other guy was being an @sshole for not letting you in, and toying with you.

Unfortunately, here's how we have to merge sometimes in KC: If you have to get into a lane, and there are about two car lengths in front of the car in the lane you want to get into, you have to turn on your blinkers as you are merging into the lane. Not before. Other wise, the driver in the other lane 9 times out of 10 will speed up and block you out. Jerks.
Old 03-15-2001, 03:03 PM

You're lucky he didn't pop a cap in yo ass.

Old 03-15-2001, 05:15 PM
Drifting

For me, if the guy signals, then 9 out of 10 times I will slow down and let them in... I think is just respect to others on the "public" road. However I hate those who doesn't signal, or who likes to cheat. I mean rush hour on the highway, some people will try to merge in the last minute or even worst, some actually cut to the merge lane and cut back. (not shoulders that I am talking about) Anyhow, chills everyone and I will remember the lesson and drive safely like I always did......

Thanks for all your surport... it really feels like a big family here, and I feel much better now... Let's all drive & enjoy out TL safely...
Old 03-15-2001, 05:28 PM
Racer

Exclamation

Live and Learn, but please drive safe!

------------------
00TL
Old 03-15-2001, 06:00 PM
Racer

Don't be so hard on yourself, but I know how you feel. Chalk it up as an educational experience.

------------------

2000 Navi TL White Diamond Pearl
(they're magically delicious)
Old 03-15-2001, 06:20 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 740 Likes on 309 Posts
SL, It's all good, just be careful!
Ed

------------------
Acura-TL.com - Forum Moderator

'99 TL Satin Silver/Ebony, Non/Nav, Comptech lowered, Comptech Air Filter Element, Inspire Tails, AEM Brake Pads all around, Comptech Axle Back Exhaust, "Guy Smiley" doll on the dash as my Co-driver...

Pics of my TL
Pics of my Miata! Wadya think?