just put part of my system in

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2005 | 02:16 AM
Cruisin'

just put part of my system in

hey guys is a start im putting in 2 12's mtx 5500, with a kove audio amp, ARMEGEDDON 2000 watts, plus infinity 7551 4 channel amp, 2 6.5 infinity components, and 2 6.5" in the rear.

everything still needs to be carpetted, and neoned (neon lights) so you wont see any wiring, the amps are in a false floor, box is cutom made to shoot thorugh the factory hole for the bos sub.

right now it's bumpin on a factory deck (and it will stay that way untill i get the avic N1) and that shit hits nice. I'll keep you guys updated...

Old 08-25-2005 | 08:52 AM
Meat Man

Nice work so far, but I hope you never have to go on an extended trip someplace with anyone but yourself... no room for luggage!
Old 08-25-2005 | 12:43 PM
Burning Brakes

does the back of the car sag now? and if so how much roughly?
I have 2 audiobahn alum 12" that i might put in mine, but when i had them in my accord it sagged and made the handling unbalanced pretty badly. i even had tokico springs and struts. they are very heavey with the box too so i am hesitant to put them in.
Old 08-25-2005 | 05:51 PM
Sig Rho's Finest

holy huge pictures batman
Old 08-25-2005 | 08:54 PM
Cruisin'

yeah my bad for the picture size, i gotta resize the other ones,
there will be room for bags and stuff but not suitcases.

the back does not sag at all, it handles still very well, there is no rattling. the subs that we put in are the mtx5512-44. there not heavy at all. the mdf in the car weighs about 20lbs. all the weight we put in the trunk is less than 60lbs, and these babies hit hard.

we removed the factory sub and made the box shoot through the opening.

Everyrthing should be finished by sunday. the neon, vvynil should all be done this weekend

i'll keep you guys posted.
ps if anyone needs custom work done, and live in the greater Los ANgles are, let me know.

The guy that performed the work is luis planas, he was on pimp my ride and worked for westcoast custums. so if u guys need custom stuff done, let me know
Old 08-25-2005 | 09:49 PM
Boomer SOONER

no rattling my ass...turn it on then get outside and listen to your trunk lid dance...mine sounds like a ghetto Caddy when I blast it. (I never do that with people around - to embarassing!) And you may want to upgrade your battery to the Optima Yellow top - and there is no way you will get 2000+ watts out of your system with the stock alternator. depending on what car you have...TLP = 105 amps max and 120 amps max for a TypeS. so best case you are getting about half that power actually to your amps.
Old 08-25-2005 | 10:38 PM
Cruisin'

you are right i get half power out o f my amps, but let me tell you something, that is way more than i Need. iDude the power that is coming out of my subs is enough. I don't do shows or anything i just want to have nice bass, and if i open my trunk that people will actually say. wow that looks pretty nice.

in your case i dont know how much power your putting out. But if it rattling like crazy then you probably run your shit loud as hell.

also the car is not dynomatted. that is my next project. after that i should have barely any rattling. i dont have a spoiler either, so no rattling there. I have the dynomat licenseplate frames.

Don't get me wrong, there is rattling but not that much to be embaressed about.
Old 08-25-2005 | 10:56 PM
Boomer SOONER

really it rattles when i play it not very loud - but the rattles will get worse, and yours could be less because they are firing up vs. toward the back (probably the main reason)
Old 08-26-2005 | 01:48 AM
trill recognize trill

Originally Posted by ou sig
really it rattles when i play it not very loud - but the rattles will get worse, and yours could be less because they are firing up vs. toward the back (probably the main reason)
haha with my subs man, i took the stock woofer out and the cloth that covers it fuckin shakes like crazy and the whole lil dash in the back looks like its about to fly off. But it doesn't rattle as bad as i thought, compared to my old camry at least....