Just got done putting Stongard on my front end...

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2002, 09:19 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just got done putting Stongard on my front end...

It was alot easier than I thought. You just have to really take your time, have the proper tools and chemicals and patience. The car looks awesome with the clear bra on the whole front end. I will take pictures shortly after I finish doing a few final touches on the edges and reinstall my grill. This is a recommended mod defintely for anyone! It is guranteed to protect your car from rocks, debri, etc. My friends have been protected from tire shread and it didn't hurt the car!

Here are the pics!!

http://www.5thgenmaximas.com/Speedy/stongard/completed/
Old 03-23-2002, 12:32 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up

Welcome to the Stongard club!

Looks good!

V.
Old 03-23-2002, 05:58 AM
CBS
Banned

Re: Just got done putting Stongard on my front end...

Originally posted by Speedy3.2CL-S
It was alot easier than I thought. You just have to really take your time, have the proper tools and chemicals and patience. The car looks awesome with the clear bra on the whole front end. I will take pictures shortly after I finish doing a few final touches on the edges and reinstall my grill. This is a recommended mod defintely for anyone! It is guranteed to protect your car from rocks, debri, etc. My friends have been protected from tire shread and it didn't hurt the car!

Here are the pics!!

http://www.5thgenmaximas.com/Speedy/stongard/completed/
Congrats! I am thinking about getting the xpel version. Anyhow, doesn't the Stongard cost a lot of money? How much did you pay?I already have my headlights done, that was easy and you cannot tell its on!
Old 03-23-2002, 06:07 AM
Burning Brakes

I already have my headlights done, that was easy and you cannot tell its on!

Did you do this before or after you cleared them?
Old 03-23-2002, 07:10 AM
Burning Brakes

where did you get that at?? and how much?? is it pain in the neck to do it urself or you have some1 to do it for you?? cuz somebody quote me for $ 2xx to do the job
Old 03-23-2002, 08:00 AM
Three Wheelin'

Unhappy just don't try taking it off!

i had it on my headlights, and after awhile a purplish hue started to develope, and the lights did'nt seem as bright to me. when i removed it, it came off all the way except on one light in the lower corner by the bottom front of the light and turn sig. there is a 4-5" adhesive stain? it won't come off for s***! not on the main lens thank god! i also had some on front lip of body kit, and some of the paint came off when it was removed! so , be careful if you plan to remove the stongard.
Old 03-23-2002, 10:38 AM
Advanced

Re: Re: Just got done putting Stongard on my front end...

Originally posted by CBS

Congrats! I am thinking about getting the xpel version. Anyhow, doesn't the Stongard cost a lot of money? How much did you pay?I already have my headlights done, that was easy and you cannot tell its on!
x-pel has stress relief cuts in it to let it flex more, which in turn has parts explosed and more areas to get dirt under it. That is why its cheaper. Stongard has none of these, and it requires stetching it to make it fit properly.
Old 03-23-2002, 10:39 AM
Advanced

Originally posted by 69tl
where did you get that at?? and how much?? is it pain in the neck to do it urself or you have some1 to do it for you?? cuz somebody quote me for $ 2xx to do the job
$200 bucks to do it is a very good price, alot of places charge aroudn $400. Really its not that hard, as long as you TAKE YOUR TIME, I mean it, take your time, keep your hands wet with the solution, have a good rubber squeege designed for the stuff, and keep the material soaked. If your hand gets dry at any time, the material will get a finger print on it, so make sure you keep it wet.
Old 03-23-2002, 10:40 AM
Advanced

Re: just don't try taking it off!

Sounds to me the people who painted your bodykit did not make the paint seat properly, or the paint wasn't on long enough before you installed the kit. You can remove it without any problems, its not hard to remove.

Originally posted by kman156
i had it on my headlights, and after awhile a purplish hue started to develope, and the lights did'nt seem as bright to me. when i removed it, it came off all the way except on one light in the lower corner by the bottom front of the light and turn sig. there is a 4-5" adhesive stain? it won't come off for s***! not on the main lens thank god! i also had some on front lip of body kit, and some of the paint came off when it was removed! so , be careful if you plan to remove the stongard.
Old 04-13-2002, 04:04 AM
Racer

Boy I should have done this. I have so many chips in that area now in 15K miles that I will replaint the hood in 6 more months!

Hey Russ, I know you from the .org. You change cars (maxima, maxima, sentra, maxima) more than anyone I know including myself!

I left from a 5th gen also, but what made you change again after upgrading again from the sentra you downgraded for a while to? You liking it much better? I am!
Old 04-13-2002, 07:51 AM
Moo
Pro

Thumbs up

Very nice. Great job.
Old 04-13-2002, 08:48 AM
Having Fun?

Originally posted by typeSmaximum
Boy I should have done this. I have so many chips in that area now in 15K miles that I will replaint the hood in 6 more months!
I was thinking the exact same thing! It looks like freddy went at my front end :yack:
Old 04-13-2002, 10:50 AM
BlingBling INSPIRE 32V

Thumbs up

No more ROCK CHIPS, huh??