Inspire Sunshade Installation Guide

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2001, 06:45 PM
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Inspire Sunshade Installation Guide

Since lilboykorea and some others have asked me how to install the Inspire Sunshades, here's a simple how-to.

I have no pictures, but I'll take some the next time I clean my car.
  1. Install the ceiling hooks first. Lift back your roof lining on the very rear edge (don't rip it out). The hooks install with the hook end curving down (away from the glass). Install the hooks by pushing the u-shaped tab into the metal part of the roof (you'll see where it will fit), then snap the spring end into place by pushing up at it through the roof liner.
  2. Next, place the roller on the parcel shelf and find a good place to locate it. Be careful not to allow the roller to touch the subwoofer or it'll rattle. The roller should sit pretty close to the top of the back seats, right next to the seat belt retractors.
  3. Note where the bases of the rollers are, and mark its position with a pencil or marker. Note the position of the screws.
  4. Remove both the roller and its base. Use a boxcutter to make two 1" slits in the parcel shelf material, one at each screw position. The slits should be oriented left-to-right. This allows the roller to be moved left and right during installation.
  5. Insert the flat head of the screw into each slit. The flat head should pop completely under the parcel shelf material, and the screw should point straight up.
  6. Insert a washer onto the screw, followed by a nut. Screw the nut in loosely. Don't over-tighten! Do the same for the other side.
  7. Place the roller stands on each screw, and put the roller on the stands. Extend the shade and hook it onto the ceiling hooks.
  8. Now here's the important part: slide the roller (and the screws under it) left and right until it's centered against the hooks. There should be no wrinkles in the shade.
  9. Carefully remove the roller and the stands, and tighten the nuts so that the screws are securely fastened to the parcel shelf. Do not over-tigthen!
  10. Place the stands on the screws, followed by the roller, and install the final nuts on the screws, which will hold the roller down. Again, do not over-tighten as the plastics are soft and will flex and crack if you overdo it.
  11. Place the plastic caps over the screwholes in the roller. If your cap won't sit in place, you over-tightened the nut on the roller. Pop the cap off and loosen the nut, then try again.
  12. That's it!
Old 11-19-2001, 09:27 PM
Buckle Up

Anyone have any pics?
Old 11-19-2001, 11:12 PM
Oracle Apps/Database Dude

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
COOL!! I'll have to check it out. Have you moved??
Old 11-20-2001, 12:16 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
hey thanx alot!!!! i got my sunshade waiting to be installed~~

it'll prolly get on this weekend... and daverman, thanx again for the help

btw, if u want inspire sunshades u can pm valuetl
Old 11-20-2001, 12:20 AM
Burning Brakes

Thumbs up

Thanx for the helpfull install info dave.
Old 11-20-2001, 12:25 AM
Drifting

Originally posted by 2001TL4KCdude
COOL!! I'll have to check it out. Have you moved??
Hey yah, I've moved to Lenexa. I'm working half days tomorrow and Wednesday and taking Thursday/Friday off. Want to meet up?

lilboykorea and ValueTL: you're welcome! ValueTL, you may want to keep a copy for your own use... I'll post pics some time.
Old 11-20-2001, 09:31 PM
Burning Brakes

Anyone have any pics besides this one?
Old 11-20-2001, 11:28 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
some dude has it on a black tl.... go search then type in rear sunshade... u'll see some old posts with pictures
Old 11-24-2001, 01:06 AM
Oracle Apps/Database Dude

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally posted by daverman

Hey yah, I've moved to Lenexa. I'm working half days tomorrow and Wednesday and taking Thursday/Friday off. Want to meet up?

lilboykorea and ValueTL: you're welcome! ValueTL, you may want to keep a copy for your own use... I'll post pics some time.
I'll call you..