indiglo gauge questions & install help

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2004, 01:59 AM
Show me da MONEY

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
indiglo gauge questions & install help

Purchased a set of the reverse indiglo gauges from the first group buy from a private sale. I noticed that most off the problems people are having is there needles sticking, probably from the double sided tape making the gauge push to far out obstructing the needle. Can crazy glue be used instead of the tape (I don't care about this making it a permanent stay). Also is there anyone in the mid-atlantic or North east area that could help me with the install (MD,DC,VA,PA,NJ,NY)?
Old 01-26-2004, 07:30 AM
Banned

Actually it's the lack of the double sided tape that makes the needle stick. Make sure to tape the inner part of the gauges properly and you won't get the needles sticking. Most importantly don't pop the needles out. I wouldn't recommend the crazyglue approach. What if for some reason the gauges burns out? Then you'll be really screwed. Even if you don't care about it, the crazyglue can run if you use too much. Stick to the double sided tape.
Old 01-26-2004, 08:08 AM
Phil 4:13

hzm 82 is abslolutley correct def use double side tape. Get scotch doublesided it comes in black and yellow packaging works great, make sure it is the permanent kind. It will stick well but not actually permanent - I know b/c I just took mine out yesterday. I purchased these (see pic) off ebay and they just don't flow with my interior the indiglo rings on the inner part of the gauge kills it. Anyone know where I can get a pair without this?
Old 01-26-2004, 12:33 PM

the other thing wrong with these gauges in the pic above is that the red is actually "pinkish" when it lights up.
Old 01-26-2004, 01:44 PM
BlingBling INSPIRE 32V

I had to cut little bit on the bottom of the gauge needle to give clearence. Go here for more info.

Any problems on INDIGLO GAUGE??
Old 01-26-2004, 02:11 PM
Show me da MONEY

gagues

I have read through most of the threads about gauges, I just want to sure. By the way I have a 02 TL with Nav, does the nav screen have to be pulled out to remove the dash to get to the gauge cluster?. Also, do I have to cut a slit in the gauges like Nate said to do for the 02's?
So, double sided tape around the perimeter of the needle hole and also around the perimeter of the whole gauge?
Do the needles have to be pulled out just a little bit to fit the gauges over them(I know not all the way off or I will be screwed)?
Old 01-26-2004, 02:26 PM
BlingBling INSPIRE 32V

Re: gagues

Originally posted by muffaburn
I have read through most of the threads about gauges, I just want to sure. By the way I have a 02 TL with Nav, does the nav screen have to be pulled out to remove the dash to get to the gauge cluster?. Also, do I have to cut a slit in the gauges like Nate said to do for the 02's?
So, double sided tape around the perimeter of the needle hole and also around the perimeter of the whole gauge?
Do the needles have to be pulled out just a little bit to fit the gauges over them(I know not all the way off or I will be screwed)?
No, you don't have to pull the nav screen out. Don't even bother to pull the gauge needles. Because the gauge is flexible, you can just slightly bent the gauge to put it in.
Old 01-26-2004, 02:35 PM

I have an 2001 and with patience the gauges are fairly simple to put in - keyword is patience.
1.) The nav screen does not have to be removed, the plastic area around it does and this comes off in one piece after you remove the two screws in the upper area og the gauges, you will see them. After those are removed you can just pop the piece out. (the whole left most vent structure comes with it so just massage it out)
2.) I did not have to cut my gauges at all, infact I reccomend against not doing that b/c it will prob break the gauges. The hardest one to get on is the fuel and temp one. To put it on do one needle then arch the indiglo gauge and slide it ove the other.

The process is pretty simple if you take your time. Just be patient.

Does anyone know where i can get indiglos w/o the ring around the innermost part of the gauges( like the ones above) They don't look good in my opinion, they are too bright.
Old 01-26-2004, 02:57 PM
Show me da MONEY

gauges

Thanks guys for all the info, I will be installing them hopefully this weekend when it's a little warmer here on the east coast. I purchased mine from a guy on this site who brought them from the first group buy that happened about a year and a half ago. I got a great deal $50.00 so I am a happy camper. I think Nate is selling these again for like $70.00 now check the for/sale section. The thread that tim had up for the cluster removal is not opening for me anymore, wassup wit dat?
Old 01-26-2004, 07:20 PM
Banned

I wish they would make some gages that looked like the 3rd gen TL. I would be all over it!!