IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2000, 10:11 AM
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ!!!!

I just got off the phone with Tim (Snook), he called me from his cell phone and unfortunatly he got into a car accident and the condition of his car is undrivable. My heart just sank as I am real close to Tim and I consider him a great friend. It seems as though it will be difficult for him to make it to the event this weekend, but we are not ruling out the fact that he still may be able to make it. Please extent your sympathies to him on this board, email, or phone as he has done a great deal for all the TL owners on this board and a lot of the TL's that will be in the show this weekend. Tim also has booth space at the show and we are attempting to see what we can do to deal with the loss of his car in the show. If anyone is coming from the west coast of Florida or is near Naples can you pick up Tim on your way to the show? Let's see if we can get him to the show to represent us properly.

------------------
18" Giovanna Corsica rims
Factory body kit
Factory rear wing

Comptech Sport exhaust
Comptech Sport headers
Comptech springs
AEM Cold Air Intake
NOS dry kit (70 shot)

Sony TV tuner
Pioneer XDV-P9 DVD changer
Pioneer AVX-P7000 headunit with screen flush mount
Pioneer AVM-P9000R A/V processor
Pioneer GEX-P7000TV tuner
Sony PlayStation
JL Audio XR 6 1/2"
JL Audio XR 6"
(2) JL Audio 12" W6
MMATS DC1200
MMATS LM2525
------------------------
Koni rear struts, brake upgrade and Inspire tail lights to come in the not so distant future.
Old 12-01-2000, 10:19 AM
Banned

Thumbs down

Oooh... that sucks... I hope Tim is not hurt but his car is TOTALED... this way he can get the new TL-S....

------------------
Just my 2 cents...
Old 12-01-2000, 10:24 AM
Drifting

from what i gathered his car is not totalled, just damage to the rear bumper and quarter panel, however due to the impact of the hit it is undrivable, whether it be the alignment is thrown off or there is frame damage is undetermined. I will keep you notified of additional information once it is known to me.

------------------
Factory body kit
Factory rear wing

Comptech Sport exhaust
Comptech Sport headers
Comptech springs
AEM Cold Air Intake
NOS dry kit (70 shot)

Sony TV tuner
Sony PlayStation
JL Audio XR 6 1/2"
JL Audio XR 6"
(2) JL Audio 12" W6
MMATS DC1200
MMATS LM2525
------------------------
Koni rear struts, brake upgrade and Inspire tail lights to come in the not so distant future.
Old 12-01-2000, 10:34 AM
Three Wheelin'

Unhappy

Man, hearing stuff like this sucks! I can definately relate, but hope everything turns out ok.

------------------
'00 White Diamond Perl w/Nav
Wings West Spoiler
Rear Comptech Sway bar
Old 12-01-2000, 01:34 PM
Burning Brakes

yeah, i mean the HIN isn't as important as his life. I'm glad he's ok and a car is always replaceable, never a person. Again, sorry to hear that about the car so soon to HIN, you were so excited to go. I feel for you man

------------------
'99 Acura 3.2TL Satin Silver
Old 12-01-2000, 01:39 PM
Instructor

Unhappy

Sorry to hear about this. I am glad everyone made it out okay. Hang in there, Tim.......

------------------

This photo is "pre-mods"; "post-mods" photo coming......
1999 Acura 3.2TL
Black with Ebony/Bridgestone Potenza RE730 (size: 225/55ZR-16 on stock rims)/Comptech Headers/Comptech Exhaust (switching to Mugen)/AEM Cold Air Intake and Bi-Pass Valve/Comptech Sport Springs/Comptech Swaybars (on the way)
Old 12-01-2000, 01:42 PM
AC
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That sucks! Man, I got my rims today and I called Tim a couple of times to thank him and he didn't answer. Hope he's okay! Give him my regards when you see him and let him know how grateful I am for all the trouble he went through to get me the wheels!

------------------
2000 TL non NAVI
Factory body kit
Factory spoiler
Burlwood knob
35% mirror tint
Inspire Steering Wheel
Gutter Grille
AEM CAI
Tenzo 700X fog lights
Custom Mesh Bumper
Inspire Tail Lights
Comptech Springs,
Comptech Headers,
Greddy CatBack,
Omptech Sways, 18' DAZZ MATIZ on the way - Thank You Mr. Snook!!!!
CLK55 AMG Next Baby!
Old 12-01-2000, 01:50 PM
Pro

that was always one of my biggest worries... if i'll crash the tl, or some idiot crash into me... how do i go about starting all over again...
sorry TIM, i know how it feels. mine was a $12,000 + crash, and it wasn't totalled... hope you and your car are fine... as everyone else said, better your car than you buddy.
but hey you guys... WHO'S GETTIN' TIM NOW????????????
Old 12-01-2000, 02:13 PM
Drifting

Good news! I just spoke with Tim again and he got a rental car. With regards to entering a car, per direction of the www.acura-tl.com board of trustees, they have voted unanimously to enter my whip as the official www.acura-tl.com car. What does this mean to the rest of us? It means that I will not have my car at the Hooters meet. I will be with Tim and Shoof setting up at the event. I do however plan to be at Hooters later in the evening. Around 5:00 or so, I HOPE. So please plan accordingly. I apoligize for the change in plans but I encourage you all to continue with the meet and get as many pictures...not all of Hooter girls of course, save a few for the cars. Snook, Shoof and I hope to see you all at Hooters.

------------------
Factory body kit
Factory rear wing

Comptech Sport exhaust
Comptech Sport headers
Comptech springs
AEM Cold Air Intake
NOS dry kit (70 shot)

Sony TV tuner
Sony PlayStation
JL Audio XR 6 1/2"
JL Audio XR 6"
(2) JL Audio 12" W6
MMATS DC1200
MMATS LM2525
------------------------
Old 12-01-2000, 02:25 PM
Intermediate

Unhappy

AHHHHHH! Nooo! That sucks sooooooo bad! What happened? I konw what this must fell like Tim.. Thats the worest thing in the world, my heat goes out to you in this time of grieving. I cant believe this timing too! the day before Hot import nights!! What the hell! Did you piss off god or something!?! I almost lost my TL two years back, some dumb blonda Hoe smashed my baby. I hope your doing alright, hopefully the TL did its job in protecting you. It would be a loss to the TL owning world if something happend to you. Good luck with everything.

------------------
Dead Soul
HondaMod.com - Admin

'99 3.2TL
Black/Parchment
Old 12-01-2000, 02:36 PM
AC
Drifting

Thumbs up

Originally posted by Stylin Silver Sled:
Good news! I just spoke with Tim again and he got a rental car. With regards to entering a car, per direction of the www.acura-tl.com board of trustees, they have voted unanimously to enter my whip as the official www.acura-tl.com car. What does this mean to the rest of us? It means that I will not have my car at the Hooters meet. I will be with Tim and Shoof setting up at the event. I do however plan to be at Hooters later in the evening. Around 5:00 or so, I HOPE. So please plan accordingly. I apoligize for the change in plans but I encourage you all to continue with the meet and get as many pictures...not all of Hooter girls of course, save a few for the cars. Snook, Shoof and I hope to see you all at Hooters.

Good Luck Stylin!

------------------
2000 TL non NAVI
Factory body kit
Factory spoiler
Burlwood knob
35% mirror tint
Inspire Steering Wheel
Gutter Grille
AEM CAI
Tenzo 700X fog lights
Custom Mesh Bumper
Inspire Tail Lights
Comptech Springs,
Comptech Headers,
Greddy CatBack,
CLK55 AMG Next Baby!
Old 12-01-2000, 02:42 PM
Burning Brakes

Man, sorry to hear about that Tim. Good to hear you're ok though!! Good thing the car didn't get wrecked in the front... car is never the same when it was front damage. But back and rear quarter is ok.... YOU CAN GET A PAINT JOB NOW!!! HeHe... Was it their fault? Please post some pics of this tragedy....

------------------
Matt Mui
------------------
2000 Acura 3.2 TL w/ Navigation
Satin Silver/Ebony Interior
Stuff that's sittin in the garage waitin to be put on: 19 inch Lowenhart BS5 wheels, Wings West kit
Old 12-01-2000, 02:52 PM
Drifting

Originally posted by AC:

Good Luck Stylin!
Thanks bro. I hope to make all the members, especially Tim proud!

------------------
Factory body kit
Factory rear wing

Comptech Sport exhaust
Comptech Sport headers
Comptech springs
AEM Cold Air Intake
NOS dry kit (70 shot)

Sony TV tuner
Sony PlayStation
JL Audio XR 6 1/2"
JL Audio XR 6"
(2) JL Audio 12" W6
MMATS DC1200
MMATS LM2525
------------------------
Old 12-01-2000, 03:24 PM
Pro

Tim, sorry about the accident. Glad you are OK and i hope for a speedy recovery for your precious TL.

------------------
2000 Fire Pepper Red/ebony TL, non-navi. factory spoiler, std chrome wheels, 35% tint, comptech exhaust, wood trim kit...
Quiets ride
Old 12-01-2000, 03:24 PM
Racer

GOOD LUCK representing Acura-TL.com and Tim!

I wish you a trophy or something

------------------
2000 Laguana Green / NAVI, Burlwood Shifter, 35% Mirror Tint all over,2 x JL12W6s, Pioneer Premier P920R, MB Quarts Coaxial, PPI 2600.2 and 4400.2 , Pioneer 620 6Disc
My Acura
Old 12-01-2000, 03:26 PM
Three Wheelin'

Thanks all, I am ok. Had a very, very close call, if it weren't for me punching the gas at the last sec and the other car hitting the brakes as he did, I don't think I would be here right now.
I'm alittle shaken up right now, I will give more detail when I'm up to it.
I will see you guys tomorrow at the parking garage at 4:00.

Thanks again, as I said before, you guys are like 2nd family to me

Tim
Old 12-01-2000, 03:26 PM
Pro

dhiren, don't you need the inspire lights though...
not saying i'll give mine up... i hate dem orange ones... even if they'll be on for just the night... but try and get the inspires on... they make a big difference kid.
good luck btw...
i guess we'll meet up at 4 as planned tomorrow on the top of the garage... is that ok w/all that are going????
when are most of you planning on getting there... so we all show up together more or less and not 1 hour difference of eachother...
hopefully be there at 4:30 if you can the latest...
yo dhiren,i have your cellphone number, i guess we'll be intouch tomorrow and shoofins' got mine... so everything will flow as planned,
good luck again,
Tommy

------------------
99'TL Silver
too many mods to list
Old 12-01-2000, 03:30 PM
AC
Drifting

Originally posted by snook789:
Thanks all, I am ok. Had a very, very close call, if it weren't for me punching the gas at the last sec and the other car hitting the brakes as he did, I don't think I would be here right now.

Tim
I'm glad you're okay! Good Luck tomorrow and represent!!!

Thanx for everything bro! The wheels kick ass! MToker will have his digicam tomorrow so we'll take pics tomorrow!

------------------
2000 TL non NAVI
Factory body kit
Factory spoiler
Burlwood knob
35% mirror tint
Inspire Steering Wheel
Gutter Grille
AEM CAI
Tenzo 700X fog lights
Custom Mesh Bumper
Inspire Tail Lights
Comptech Springs,
Comptech Headers,
Greddy CatBack,
CLK55 AMG Next Baby!
Old 12-01-2000, 03:40 PM
AC
Drifting

Originally posted by snook789:

Tim
I'm glad you're okay! Good Luck tomorrow and represent!!!

Thanx for everything bro! The wheels kick ass! MToker will have his digicam tomorrow so we'll take pics tomorrow!

------------------
2000 TL non NAVI
Factory body kit
Factory spoiler
Burlwood knob
35% mirror tint
Inspire Steering Wheel
Gutter Grille
AEM CAI
Tenzo 700X fog lights
Custom Mesh Bumper
Inspire Tail Lights
Comptech Springs,
Comptech Headers,
Greddy CatBack,
CLK55 AMG Next Baby!
Old 12-01-2000, 04:02 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 740 Likes on 309 Posts
DAMN! Tim, I hope Everything's OK..I tried calling you a few times today...Let me know what's goin on about sat nite..

Dhiren, Thanks for the hookup with the rental, I got a Sebring Convertible..anyone that is going needs to reach me, call me at 305-792-2040, or 917-403-2717(cell). I will not pick up the phone until after 6:15pm(sat nite). at that time , I will see you all wherever you will be.
Also, I would like to invite everyone that see's this to my place sunday night to hang out.. Will give u all an update soon on that..
Ed

------------------
Acura-TL.com - Forum Moderator

'99 TL Satin Silver/Ebony, Non/Nav, Comptech lowered, Comptech Air Filter Element, Inspire Tails, AEM Brake Pads all around, Comptech Axle Back Exhaust, "Guy Smiley" doll on the dash as my Co-driver...

Pics of my TL
Pics of my Miata! Wadya think?
Old 12-01-2000, 04:05 PM
Instructor

Unhappy

New guy sending out some love. Hope your okay and get well. Make sure you do that doctors check today or tomorrow Snook. Take it easy on them tomorrow at the show-But let them know real soon TL's are on top of EVeryThing. Wish I could come, I'll definitly be at the next one. I would have kicked the shit out of that dude that hit you though If I was in your shoes for defacing your whip. Anyway get there safe and good Luck.
One.1
25 Flaming
Old 12-01-2000, 04:48 PM

Red face

Sorry to hear that Tim. Hope you are alright and things get back to normal. Take Care.

Dhiren, All the best with the show.
Old 12-01-2000, 05:11 PM
Pro

Tim, I'm really sorry to hear about your accident, but I'm really glad that you're alright. I hope everything works out well in the end, as I'm sure it will.
Old 12-01-2000, 05:21 PM
Burning Brakes

Exclamation

Man...Tim that sucks. I'm glad your O.K. We will see ya at the meet (4:00 p.m. at the garage)

------------------
2000 TL - Laguna Green, Navi, Rear Spoiler. Soon to have 18" wheels. Comptech Suspension & Comptech Axle back Exhaust.
Old 12-01-2000, 05:55 PM

Smile

Tim, sorry to hear about the accident, hope your alright.

please let us know how your doing, cause we are all concerned.
Old 12-01-2000, 05:55 PM

Smile

Tim, sorry to hear about the accident, hope your alright.
Old 12-01-2000, 06:13 PM
Rx Master

Hey, well I just wanted to send my regards on the TL page as well as the cl page. Hope U get beter doon and dont worry, the jittery feelin goes away. I was smashed into going threw a light as well and I was stunned, couldnt drive my car till it was fixed, it was my old 98 maxima se. But cause of the accident , i got my cl-s. Fate works in weird ways. Good luck.
WG

------------------
The SILVER STREAKER CL-S no navi, spoiler, tint all around, sun visor, and eurolights fog lights, and bel 950 radar detector

Old 12-01-2000, 06:48 PM
Intermediate

Sorry Tim. I hope your OK. Good thing those Mugens hadn't arrived. If you had installed them they probably would have been wrecked. After all the trouble to return them that would have been the worst.
Old 12-01-2000, 07:23 PM
OG

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts
Tim, sorry to hear that man. That really sucks. If you email me some pictures of your car, I can let you know if there's any frame damage or how much it would cost to repair it. I can do a rough estimate for you.

At least you are not hurt, or seriously hurt, that's the most important thing. Take care and enjoy Hot Imports Night.

------------------
Honda-Acura.net TL Forum Moderator.

1999 Silver with factory body kit, spoiler and burlwood instrument cluster and shift knob. Joshua Tree Wood dash kit. Hella air horns. Tint all around. Razo competition pedals. MOMO Sport 18"X7.5" with 225/40ZR Pirelli P7000SS. Weapon-R intake. Comptech springs, exhaust and headers. Inspire Tailights, homemade ram-air and Polarg M-12 front turn signals. Comptech front and rear sway bar. Axxis Metal Master front and rear pads.

My AcuraTL Homepage

NEW: '01 Acura MDX Silver Premium

Front 35% tinted windows. Running boards. Roof rack. Tailgate deflector. Moonroof visor. Rear mud guards. Razo premium white headlight bulbs. Matriz ion yellow fog light bulbs(courtesy of Snook). More to come later......

Acura-MDX.com Forum Moderator

Old 12-01-2000, 11:01 PM
Racer

Glad everyone is okay. Sorry to hear about your car brother.

------------------
2000 Laguana Green / NAVI, Burlwood Shifter, 35% Mirror Tint all over,2 x JL12W6s, Pioneer Premier P920R, MB Quarts Coaxial, PPI 2600.2 and 4400.2 , Pioneer 620 6Disc
My Acura
Old 12-01-2000, 11:13 PM
O.G.

Unhappy

At least everybody is all right. I hope your car will be fix soon. My TL and I send our condolences to you and your car.
Old 12-01-2000, 11:32 PM
Pro

Ugh! I'm glad Tim is ok. The car is replacable and repairable, but trying to do that with our body...just glad you're ok.
Old 12-01-2000, 11:43 PM
RWD convert

Sorry about the car, but great to hear your alright.

See you at the meet tommorow.

Allan

------------------
2000 TL Satin Silver
-Acura Wing
-Short Ram intake w/Ractive Heatshield Filter
-Ractive Carbon Fiber Shift knob
-Custom "Sleepy Eye" Headlight Finishers
-3.5" exhaust tips
-Carbon/aluminum pedals
-Passport 7500 Radar system
20%/35% Llumar Platinum tint
Old 12-01-2000, 11:53 PM
Drifting

I'm glad you're alright, Tim.

------------------
Y2K silver TL, non-navi
Factory style full body kit + spoiler
38% window tint
Valentine 1
Old 12-01-2000, 11:57 PM
Burning Brakes

Unhappy

Oh no! That sucks big time....hopefully there is only body damage so it will be as good as new. Right before the show too...damn Tim I hope it's not too bad. Call ya later once you get the situation under control. Also Tim has an extensive background in body repair, so he'll be back soon!
Old 12-02-2000, 12:27 AM
Moderator Alumnus

First and foremost...glad to hear you are alright Tim. Hope things turn out for the best with your car!
Old 12-02-2000, 12:44 AM
Ex-Mod

Sorry about the accident, that really sucks, as long as no one was hurt though.
Old 12-02-2000, 02:21 AM
BDI
Banned

Tim, I'm glad to hear that your alright. I'm sorry about the ride tho. But all that matters is that your fine....have fun fellas at HIN!!!
Old 12-02-2000, 02:37 AM
Instructor

Tim, the main thing is that you are alright! The car can always be fixed or replaced. Take care!!
Old 12-02-2000, 02:40 AM
Intermediate

it sucks to hear that you got into an accident...hope everything turns out alright!!!! and very glad to hear you didn't get hurt!!!

Quick Reply: IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ!!!!