I'm thinking about doin the front end conversion!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2007, 12:58 PM
Money is funny.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm thinking about doin the front end conversion!!!

OK, some of you may remember I got into an accident which left my front kinda banged up. So I was gonna go ahead and tell the body shop to order all the parts for an 02-03 front end conversion...before anyone starts flaming, I amd oing this because my front end has to be fixed anyway and it will supposedly cost be about the same to do an 00 front or an 02-03. So besides hood, fenders, bumpers and headlights, anything mechanical I may need to replace? I don't have to get anythign special for the headlights right? Wish me luck on this! I'm actually looking forward to having the sharper cutoff from the 02-03 reflectors as opposed to the flood of light from a 2000 headlight...
Old 04-09-2007, 02:31 PM
Money is funny.

I'm lookin arounf the threads now but can't seem to find an answer...are the windshield wiper nozzles a separate piece or tdo they come on the 02-03 hood? and I see something about having to push the radiator back a little bit? Is this true? How much would they have to adjust to get the front end to fit?
Old 04-09-2007, 05:21 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
If you go through with this, I would love to see how the conversion looks afterwards sometime. Live right in Phoenixville, like 15mins from KOP. Good luck man!
Old 04-09-2007, 06:32 PM
Glacier Frost Mica CL-S

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts
Hood,fenders,front Bumper, Headlight, Ballast Is Different So That, Radiater Support,hood Latch, Bumper Foglights, Fog Light Wireing With A Switch For The Insise,headlight Brackets, Front Grill Including The Price Which Goes On The Hood. Hood Insulator, Radiator Support Cover, Uummm... You Should Be Able To Use The Washer Nozzels But I'm Not Sure. There Might Be More So Thats All I Can Think Off.
Old 04-09-2007, 08:07 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
i think 02's have washer nozzels under the hood, not on top like our 99-01's, so all of the above plus new washer nozzels
Old 04-09-2007, 10:13 PM
deal with it

Received 378 Likes on 316 Posts
Originally Posted by disgookonfiya
i think 02's have washer nozzels under the hood, not on top like our 99-01's, so all of the above plus new washer nozzels
yes they do....whats funny is that i only realized it the first time i used em.....
Old 04-09-2007, 10:34 PM
B A N N E D

Originally Posted by mcflyguy24
If you go through with this, I would love to see how the conversion looks afterwards sometime. Live right in Phoenixville, like 15mins from KOP. Good luck man!
the after pics would look like a 02-03 TL haha jk...well it really does.

got ur visors pooh. hella scratched but ill live. thanks.
Old 04-09-2007, 10:43 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Wow. A lot goes into this conversion! Big props to the guys who did this just for the heck of it!

Do it!
The 02-03 front end looks so much better. Especially the clear headlights and foglights. I also like the sharper center point in the bumper. Plus, when you have the hood up, it makes for a cleaner presentation since the grille of the 02-03 is part of the bumper...
Best of luck. See if you can snap of pics of the work in progress in the different stages. I think that would be interesting to see.
Old 04-10-2007, 08:07 AM
Money is funny.

awesome...hahahavzuptnguyen, glad you got it ok...i told you it was a little scratched hahaha...but glad it arrived in one piece. So far I have everything except fogs, the headlights themselves, wiper nozzles and a radiator support cover, but the guy at napa said I shouldn't need one? Are they the same size as the 99-01? I'll get as many pics as the shop will let me..I have never been to this place before much less had to have my car worked on at a body shop...but I'm excited to see how this turns out! Should I get the whole thing repainted WDP or leave it taffeta white? I honeslt can't tell the difference...mcflyguy, if you are tht close, we should get together for a mini meet! I was actually raised in KoP where my parents are, but I am currently out in phoenixville now not too far off of nutt road...pm me sometime!
Old 04-16-2007, 10:49 PM
4th Gear

Originally Posted by poohlikeshunny
awesome...hahahavzuptnguyen, glad you got it ok...i told you it was a little scratched hahaha...but glad it arrived in one piece. So far I have everything except fogs, the headlights themselves, wiper nozzles and a radiator support cover, but the guy at napa said I shouldn't need one? Are they the same size as the 99-01? I'll get as many pics as the shop will let me..I have never been to this place before much less had to have my car worked on at a body shop...but I'm excited to see how this turns out! Should I get the whole thing repainted WDP or leave it taffeta white? I honeslt can't tell the difference...mcflyguy, if you are tht close, we should get together for a mini meet! I was actually raised in KoP where my parents are, but I am currently out in phoenixville now not too far off of nutt road...pm me sometime!
I'm doing the same now, and would love to get a total parts list with part numbers... Make it a DIY Package deal
Old 04-17-2007, 12:13 PM
B A N N E D

OEM foglight wiring if you plan to get the fogs

and since 99-01/02-03 hoods are different, i believe that some that with the latches will go into play.

i think the windshield spray system is the same even though the nozzles are on the bottom.
Old 04-18-2007, 01:29 AM
Instructor

I would go for it! If the cost of the parts to order for the 99-01 is the same or close to the price of the 02-03, then hell yea....I've thought about doing the same conversion...

More power to you, especially if you get the 02-03 red tail lights!
Old 04-18-2007, 02:11 AM
Three Wheelin'

I did the conversion. I have a 99 TL and there is alot of work and money that goes into completing the project. If you have the time and the funds for it then why not, go for it!!!
Old 04-18-2007, 11:37 AM
Money is funny.

yup, thats what I thought...its actually gonna cost me a little less than having the shop do a 2000 front end b/c I found a local junkyard with an 02 tls with a lot of damage, but everything up front is pristine! I'm hoping to rip the navi out as well! Good thing you reminded me about the taillights 3.2vtectl, I didn't even think about it! I guess matrix racing is the only company other than OEM that has the 02+ tails?