Im Baffled.. Someone broke into my car last night..

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2006, 04:07 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Im Baffled.. Someone broke into my car last night..

my brother was off to school this morning, and as he was getting into my moms car, he notices my door was opened..
he says that my center console was opened, and so was my glove compartment, with one of my Commerce Bank envelopes on my seat, which was empty beforehand...
so i check my car and i noticed everything is still there, as far as i know, except my bottle of Cocoa butter stashed on the side of the door and a pack of cigarettes i had laying out... they didnt even take the roll of quarters i had in my cup holder...
so now im completely baffled... who the hell breaks into someones car and just takes lotion and cigarettes? my radio and sub was still there...
and second, can anyone tell me how they would break in? i checked all my locks and they seem normal, and all my door trim and shit is in tact. except the rear passenger seat door, and im not sure if it was like this beforehand...

what does evryone think of this? do you think they tried to get in to see if it was easy, and might come back?
Old 03-01-2006, 04:20 PM
Agean Blue Bishes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
thats messed up. id keep a look out on it for a while. get a camera on it through the night.

totally weird though.
Old 03-01-2006, 04:27 PM
CTS-V Import Slayer

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by big mike 13
... who the hell breaks into someones car and just takes lotion and cigarettes? what does evryone think of this?
Huh... some monkey spanker that longs for a smoke afterwards? j/k Thats a damn good question Big Mike! I would watch it...might be back with more tools later?
Old 03-01-2006, 04:33 PM
White 2000 TL

it might Have been one of your Ex Girls
Old 03-01-2006, 04:54 PM
Advanced

Sounds like he got scared off before he can finish the job.
Old 03-01-2006, 04:55 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 3,063 Likes on 2,119 Posts
How would they get in thru that ?
Old 03-01-2006, 05:15 PM
05 C230K & 09 135i 6MT

How old is your brother? Maybe he's just getting familiar with.. himself... and additionally wants to see what smoking is like? So he opened your car, then told you someone broke in.

Okay okay, I don't mean to make light of your situation. If anyone unlocked a door or opened a door, the stock alarm will sound. Are you sure it was locked? Think carefully about what the conditions and your actions were the last time you parked it.
Old 03-01-2006, 05:28 PM
Banned

lol@stealing coco butta
Old 03-01-2006, 05:30 PM
Three Wheelin'

how do people break in nowadays? should there be any marks?
are our cars easy to break into?
i havent driven it since sunday, so im not sure if i locked the doors or not, but it would be pretty random for some guy to try and open my door since i live in a relatively quiet neighborhood and i have my car in my driveway...
i checked all over and thats all i could find, but i dont even know if it was like that before the night or not..
Old 03-01-2006, 06:01 PM
2Poor 2Furious

Maybe forgot to lock your car?

I had a 91 Camry stolen once - they decided they wanted a joyride in a 4 banger. After screwing up the locks, ignition, and tranny, I found a bottle of power steer fluid in my backseat. To this day, I thank them for topping off my fluids after jacking my car.
Old 03-01-2006, 06:10 PM
02 TLS SSM - Hi Oh Silvr!

Cold Blooded

Pretty cold blooded if you ask me. The dude goes through all the trouble of breaking into your car and once in, does not see anything he wants. Big Mike gets no respect!

Or just maybe, Big Mike got so high the night before, he left his own door ajar????

Sounds like a puzzle for CSI NY.

If I were you Big Mike I'd be shaking down the hood to find the dude that disrepected your car!

Maybe you got Jerry Seinfeld's old car with BO. Once inside, the perpetraitor couldn't stand the stench and ran for his life!

Orrr, hold it I got another...., maybe another TL owner hit his unlock FOB and your door opened.......

Glad to drain the brain trust on this very important problem! Where is FASTTYMS when you need him?
Old 03-01-2006, 06:36 PM
two miles an hour

my brother was off to school this morning, and as he was getting into my moms car, he notices my door was opened..
he says that my center console was opened, and so was my glove compartment, with one of my Commerce Bank envelopes on my seat, which was empty beforehand...
so i check my car and i noticed everything is still there, as far as i know, except my bottle of Cocoa butter stashed on the side of the door and a pack of cigarettes i had laying out... they didnt even take the roll of quarters i had in my cup holder...
so now im completely baffled... who the hell breaks into someones car and just takes lotion and cigarettes? my radio and sub was still there...
and second, can anyone tell me how they would break in? i checked all my locks and they seem normal, and all my door trim and shit is in tact. except the rear passenger seat door, and im not sure if it was like this beforehand...

what does evryone think of this? do you think they tried to get in to see if it was easy, and might come back?
hey crackheads need lotion too man plus i think it happened probably somewhere else not ur house and u didnt realize it untill then
Old 03-01-2006, 07:07 PM
Future JDM Whore

my door trim is messed up like that as well but no one broke into my car....man people have so many ways of breakin in to cars now its not even funny....almost like magic
Old 03-01-2006, 07:29 PM
Three Wheelin'

well im not sure if that was there before the incident happened or they caused it....
its just the only thing i noticed wrong around my doors.
Old 03-01-2006, 08:07 PM
NO BP FUEL IN MY

Thats wierd. Lock that thing up any way just in case.
Old 03-01-2006, 10:16 PM
NiGhT rIdEr

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
press the lock button and make sure all the doors are locking, a while back one of my doors (back driverside) werent locking. it was kinda stuck so i had to pull the lock up and down with my hand, and that fixed it.
Old 03-01-2006, 10:25 PM
03 ABP TL-S

My suggestion is to put an aftermarket alarm on and put a sign on the car
"AFTER BUYING NEW CAR ALARM COULDN'T AFFORD HAND LOTION & CIGARETTES".
Old 03-01-2006, 10:38 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by bkzjimmy
press the lock button and make sure all the doors are locking, a while back one of my doors (back driverside) werent locking. it was kinda stuck so i had to pull the lock up and down with my hand, and that fixed it.

but then again, im pretty sure this wasnt random... i can understand if maybe i was parked on the street in a row of cars.. but i was parked in my driveway..
maybe someone is trying to fuck with me..
i just hope whoever it is does not come back.. pray for me.
Old 03-01-2006, 10:41 PM
Dragging knees in

Received 32 Likes on 21 Posts
You could've left the car unlocked, or somebody who knows about this stuff is out to mess with you. If the car is unlocked and the door opened within approximately 30 seconds of setting the alarm, it will not activate. I've tried this before and it was as if I didn't even set the alarm.

Once I unlocked a Ford Explorer using the numeric pad. Don't ask how I knew the number, because you wouldn't believe me, anyway. But the car unlocked, and my buddy and I opened all the doors and left the car like that. It belonged to someone we knew, and we were just playing a prank on him, plus the car was safely in the school parking lot. Could be a simliar thing going on here.
Old 03-01-2006, 11:44 PM
Pro

second, can anyone tell me how they would break in? i checked all my locks and they seem normal, and all my door trim and shit is in tact. except the rear passenger seat door, and im not sure if it was like this beforehand...
Any Honda accord key or any other TL/CL key can open any of our cars I think some people call this the "master key" but its not even a "master" key, you can do it with any regular Accord/TL/CL key.

Don't ask me how but I've seen it done many, many times done to my car cause a friend was showing me that he could break into my car (one reason why I bought a real alarm). If you got stock alarm, nothing will go off cause they go through the key hole and if you ever tried with YOUR key, the alarm will disable if you use the key hole. My aftermarket alarm will go off if you try using the key hole so I don't have to worry about fuckers like these.

Oh, incase you (or others) are scared that they could break in so easily, don't worry, they cant drive away with your car at least. The immobilizer will not bybass other keys, BUT they can get it to the ON position and try to crank your car, but the immobilizer will make sure the engine doesn't start. Although I think I should NOT have posted this information cause it just might influence more thieves, but I think its better to have you guys know it so you know what to watch out for.

:thief:
Old 03-01-2006, 11:58 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by crazym0nkey
Any Honda accord key or any other TL/CL key can open any of our cars I think some people call this the "master key" but its not even a "master" key, you can do it with any regular Accord/TL/CL key.

Don't ask me how but I've seen it done many, many times done to my car cause a friend was showing me that he could break into my car (one reason why I bought a real alarm). If you got stock alarm, nothing will go off cause they go through the key hole and if you ever tried with YOUR key, the alarm will disable if you use the key hole. My aftermarket alarm will go off if you try using the key hole so I don't have to worry about fuckers like these.

Oh, incase you (or others) are scared that they could break in so easily, don't worry, they cant drive away with your car at least. The immobilizer will not bybass other keys, BUT they can get it to the ON position and try to crank your car, but the immobilizer will make sure the engine doesn't start. Although I think I should NOT have posted this information cause it just might influence more thieves, but I think its better to have you guys know it so you know what to watch out for.

:thief:
This isn't new, should be common knowledge by now. Those key or so easy to make and I mean easy, and not just for honda. I was reading that there is some sort of electronic device that thieves use now also to unlock your door just like the remote. Maybe that was what happpen to big mike?

Of course, th person could just needed a smoke real bad and having a bad hair day
Old 03-02-2006, 12:02 AM
Dragging knees in

Received 32 Likes on 21 Posts
https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=132358
Old 03-02-2006, 12:40 AM
Pro

Originally Posted by bx-tls
Those key or so easy to make and I mean easy, and not just for honda.
I'm not really sure what you mean by "make", but I think you mean people actually build a set of keys to break into cars.

But I wasn't talking about people making keys. My friend who owns an Accord, used his ORIGINAL key, the key that he starts HIS car with, on my car and opened it up. It wasn't straight up put in and turn to unlock, but there is a "method" to do it but I will not go into details for security purposes.

On the side note, he used the same key (his Accord key) to open a hatchback and drive off with it I know other companies maybe have problems with people breaking in, but I've only seen this happen to Hondas from my own experience.
Old 03-02-2006, 02:36 AM
05 C230K & 09 135i 6MT

Originally Posted by Pure Adrenaline
You could've left the car unlocked, or somebody who knows about this stuff is out to mess with you. If the car is unlocked and the door opened within approximately 30 seconds of setting the alarm, it will not activate. I've tried this before and it was as if I didn't even set the alarm.

Once I unlocked a Ford Explorer using the numeric pad. Don't ask how I knew the number, because you wouldn't believe me, anyway. But the car unlocked, and my buddy and I opened all the doors and left the car like that. It belonged to someone we knew, and we were just playing a prank on him, plus the car was safely in the school parking lot. Could be a simliar thing going on here.
I knew of someone with a Taurus with the numeric keypad. The car would unlock if you pressed "9999999" or "0000000". But, now the designers of this didn't think this through. If someone uses the keypad regularly, given time the numbers will wear off. That would narrow the code down a lot.

But then again, who wants to steal a Ford.
Old 03-02-2006, 05:26 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by crazym0nkey
I'm not really sure what you mean by "make", but I think you mean people actually build a set of keys to break into cars.

But I wasn't talking about people making keys. My friend who owns an Accord, used his ORIGINAL key, the key that he starts HIS car with, on my car and opened it up. It wasn't straight up put in and turn to unlock, but there is a "method" to do it but I will not go into details for security purposes.

On the side note, he used the same key (his Accord key) to open a hatchback and drive off with it I know other companies maybe have problems with people breaking in, but I've only seen this happen to Hondas from my own experience.
That was what I meant when I said make, I was referring that there is a method to use the original key to make them fit into the lock of that particular car brand. Then there was also a set of key you could get that did the same thing, that were made from a particular material (this is less common and you really need some connect to get them). And it isn't just for honda unfortunately, i seem other brand of car that were broken into and stolen this way. So I know what you mean but yea, we might be giving away too much info here. So I'm keep my mouth shut now .
Old 03-02-2006, 07:48 AM
Registered Abuser

What do you expect....we live in NYC....people will steal anything just for the sake of stealing. At least your headlights are still there....