If you gotta sec read my story..

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2001, 03:15 AM

Unhappy If you gotta sec read my story..

I used to be a big fan of BMW, a big fan of Audi, a huge fan of the ultimate acura, the all mighty NSX.. blah blah blah.. and planned test drove an Audi S4.. and wanted to go buy one on Dec 20th.. i was sitting at home, when i decided to go out for a drive with my car (nice nissan 300zx) on that day. well i had an accident on Dec 20th. the day i was suppose to go pick up my 2001 Silver Audi S4.. well.. since i'm only 17, I realized that with one accident on my driving record it wouldn't be a good idea to buy such a high performance car, so the next day.. (Dec 21) i went to the Acura dealer to pick up a 2001 Acura TL Silver with Nav, and well, i ended up paying for the thing, and walked out of the dealer.. and ever since that day, my nightmare has begun. I paid 31 thousand something for the car.. and they promised me that i will have the car with in 4 days.. hmm.. today is day number 14. Its been driving me nuts. and i can't get my money back. Haven't had a car in 14 days.. Late at night i sit on my bed, thinking what if i didn't go out on that day.. what if i didn't have an accident, what if.. do you guys think there is anything i can do to maybe get my money back? (well my father signed a no cooling off period.) I had never sat in a TL before the day i went to the dealer, i just knew i wanted a car. I really miss my 300zx, sure as heck gonna miss the fact that it was stick.

Sorry if i bored you guys, but now, i'm part of the TL family, (i hope soon). Thanks a lot for reading my post.

The wait has been killing me. Everything i call the acura dealer tells me the car is on its way, and everytime i call, they tell me its coming from East.)

17 Male, from Los Angeles California..
Behnam..

(please no heat about my age, if you are wondering how i got the money for the car, i am a programer, i truly, honestly worked hard for the money, and now that i have money left over, i will invest on the car.)
Old 01-04-2001, 06:46 AM

Unhappy

I ordered mine in November of 1999 and picked up my car from the dealer on February 4th. Hang in there...the car is worth it and you will have fun playing with the sport shift...its the next best thing to stick. Depending on the colors and options you decided in 14 days is nothing. You cannot get your money back until it has been over 30 days (if you read the back of the invoice). Don;t worry man....it'll come soon enough
Old 01-04-2001, 10:00 AM
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Man, that sucks... I got my car 4 days after I put down the deposite. My car is leased, and it was acutally 2 work days. I ordered it on a Friday. So, I guess that was fast. Wow, I honestly can't believe that you have waited so long for your car. Anyhow, it's not the wrost. Just think about those who are waiting for the M3. Not to mention that there will likely to be a more powerful engine for the 2002 or 2003.
Old 01-04-2001, 10:47 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 740 Likes on 309 Posts
Sorry to hear about your incident, I'm sure you made the right choice.. Remember, patience is a virtue.. By the way, My car was delivered earlier than they told me, originally when I signed the papers, they told me two weeks, it came in 9 days..Lucky me!
Ed

------------------
Acura-TL.com - Forum Moderator

'99 TL Satin Silver/Ebony, Non/Nav, Comptech lowered, Comptech Air Filter Element, Inspire Tails, AEM Brake Pads all around, Comptech Axle Back Exhaust, "Guy Smiley" doll on the dash as my Co-driver...

Pics of my TL
Pics of my Miata! Wadya think?
Old 01-04-2001, 10:48 AM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Damn...I know how you feel. It seems like forever when you're waiting for your car. I made sure the car I want was in stock first or else I would have gone to another dealer. I paid 31,824 for mine...I didn't get to negotiate much since I wanted as soon as possible. Got mine right before Christmas...what a gift

------------------
2001 Acura 3.2TL with Nav
Satin Silver Metallic
Factory Rear Wing Spoiler
Old 01-04-2001, 12:34 PM

Smile

Man, you guys are great, i can't believe how i got no heat about anything with you guys.. if this was some other message board i would have been, kicked off, banned, cussed at, insulted, and the whole bit, but you guys made me feel so much better. I wrote that thing late at night last night because i couldn't fall sleep. I thought i was the only one, hmm.. i guess i was wrong.. ;-) Thanks again

Behnam from LA
Waiting... Waiting... Waiting... for my Silver TL
Old 01-04-2001, 12:51 PM
Pro

Believe me it's worth the wait.....I love my TL and it is the best value out there, it comes fully loaded!!!!!
While your waiting for your TL look at some of the older posts, it'll give a few ideas if you want to mod out your car(ie. wheels, exhaust, suspension, etc....). Everything you want to know about a TL is in this forum, use the search feature on topics you want to read about and if or when you are ready to purchase parts ask SNOOK(tim) his prices are very competive, most times better and his service is excellent.
In the mean time(while waiting for your TL) post some topics in the forum, I promise, you'll be addicted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
BTW. welcome!!!!!

------------------
tann@808-'00 TL
non-Navi(Doesn't work in Hawaii)

Factory body kit & Wing, 19" Racing Hart C-5's,
Nitto 555's, CompTech Springs, CompTech Exhaust,
AEM CAI, Alpine 8080, TL rear door handles in front,
5% + 30% tints,30% front windshield.

tann@pixi.com
Old 01-04-2001, 02:34 PM
Acuras Only in

Yup, I remember I had some sleepless nights right before I got my TL. The dealer told me it's from Ohio straight, but still it felt like taking forever to get to the bay area.

Trust me, you will enjoy it once you get it
Old 01-04-2001, 02:47 PM
Three Wheelin'

WHAT???? who the HELL do you think you are????

LOL

forgive me, i just HAD to do that!

took me a month for mine. i ordered it a few days after release in 98

take care
Old 01-04-2001, 03:22 PM
Racer

Question

behnam: The dealer charged you $31k? Isn't that MSRP for a 2001 with Nav? Did you try and negotiate since it was the end of the year? Or is the price higher in CA?

------------------
2001 Satin Silver w/ Nav
Old 01-04-2001, 03:40 PM

andrews32:
I got a 2001 Tl with Nav, it was 28050, with tax and lic it came to something like 31K. 28050 is i thinnk the invoice price. oh by the way, as i'm writting this i'm on the phone with the dealer, they are telling me the car is here. :-) so so so so happy
Old 01-04-2001, 10:08 PM
Pro

Congratulations and welcome to the board!
Old 01-04-2001, 11:03 PM

Originally posted by speed:
Congratulations and welcome to the board!
Thank you! just drove the car home. Very nice ride. man i don't know how i'm ever gonna brake it in.. man.. 2500 miles.. geeez.. well.. :-) i'll be driving like a granny for the next couple of weeks

This is such an awsome car. :-) and this is a great message board filled with great people.
Old 01-05-2001, 06:14 PM
Racer

Originally posted by behnam:
Thank you! just drove the car home. Very nice ride. man i don't know how i'm ever gonna brake it in.. man.. 2500 miles.. geeez.. well.. :-) i'll be driving like a granny for the next couple of weeks

This is such an awsome car. :-) and this is a great message board filled with great people.
The break in period is only 600 miles. That'll come in no time. Enjoy, its a fun ride.

------------------
2001 Satin Silver w/ Nav
Old 01-05-2001, 10:55 PM

wow.. that's great. i thought the break in period was like 2000 miles..

Originally posted by andrews32:
The break in period is only 600 miles. That'll come in no time. Enjoy, its a fun ride.