I was pleasantly surprised today.....

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2001, 02:31 PM
O.G.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Post I was pleasantly surprised today.....

I was really surprised today when I went to pick up my car at Montclair Acura in NJ. My car was getting the rear bumper fixed because there were a few deep scratches and also the squeaking sunroof.
When they pulled my car up, it was all shiny. Holy shit, I couldn't believe my eyes. It was actually washed and even the tires/rims were shiny too. On top of that they even gave me a complimentary Acura T-shirt. I was speechless.
BTW, I saw the guy that sold me my TL. That was over 2 years ago and he still remembered me. We were talking about the new TL-S. He said that the TL-S HIDs were not as bright as the 99-01. The new lights use the HID bulbs while the old lights used the xenon gas which he said was brighter. Then I asked him to turn the lights on and it wasn't as bright as the 99-01. The fogs were not bright at all so I don't feel that bad either. Oh, and he didn't like the front grill either of the new TL(S).
So all in all it was a pretty good day for me. The sunroof hasn't squeaked since the ride home and the bumper is brand new again.
Finally, a good story from Acura service.

Sorry for the long post but I am happy.
Old 03-23-2001, 02:40 PM
Instructor

Nice service. If my dealer, Wayne Acura, doesn't pan out, I'll take it over to Montclair which is closer to me anyways. What does the T-shirt look like? Does it have a picture of the TL on is or is it just plain.

------------------
2001 Satin Silver TL
- Factory Rear Wing
- Factory Body Kit
- Factory Wood Kit
- Burlwood Shift Knob
Old 03-23-2001, 02:48 PM
O.G.

Originally posted by LORD STANLEY:
What does the T-shirt look like? Does it have a picture of the TL on is or is it just plain.

It is a blue T-shirt (their new color, not red anymore, thank god). It says "Montclair ACURA (Acura symbol).
Sorry I don't have a digital camera yet.
BTW, are you going to the meet on March 31 at the Hanover Marriott at 2 p.m.? Me and a few more TLs are coming. Hope to see you there.

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial">[This message has been edited by BlackShadow on March 23, 2001 @ ]</font>
Old 03-23-2001, 02:49 PM

Interesting you both posted what you did because last week my wife and I went to make a deal on an 02 TL. First stop was Wayne Acura. They gave us some "final" figures after we negotiated pretty ably for about an hour or so. Left there and went straight to Montclair Acura, which was the first dealer I visited when beginning to shop for this car. Well, the prices Montclair Acura offered, TO START, were lower than Wayne's "final" figures. Needless to say, we made the deal with Montclair.

When I picked-up the car last Monday night, it was glistening. When I go to get the plates, I'm going to ask for an Acura t-shirt, now that I know they're handing them out.
Old 03-23-2001, 02:53 PM
O.G.

Hey hagerc1,
Who sold you the TL? The guy who sold me my 99TL is Edward Simo. He was really good and he hooked me up with some goodies.
Old 03-23-2001, 02:59 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Damn how come I can't get that kind of service at my dealership? Damn!!!

------------------
1998 3.2TL
Tinted Dark!!
HID headlights
Boston Pro 6.4's all the way around
Short Ram Intake
Old 03-23-2001, 04:26 PM
Burning Brakes

That's sweet!!!! I've had stellar performance from my dealership each and every time!!!!
Old 03-23-2001, 05:14 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally posted by BlackShadow:
I was really surprised today when I went to pick up my car at Montclair Acura in NJ. My car was getting the rear bumper fixed because there were a few deep scratches and also the squeaking sunroof.
When they pulled my car up, it was all shiny. Holy shit, I couldn't believe my eyes. It was actually washed and even the tires/rims were shiny too. On top of that they even gave me a complimentary Acura T-shirt. I was speechless.
BTW, I saw the guy that sold me my TL. That was over 2 years ago and he still remembered me. We were talking about the new TL-S. He said that the TL-S HIDs were not as bright as the 99-01. The new lights use the HID bulbs while the old lights used the xenon gas which he said was brighter. Then I asked him to turn the lights on and it wasn't as bright as the 99-01. The fogs were not bright at all so I don't feel that bad either. Oh, and he didn't like the front grill either of the new TL(S).
So all in all it was a pretty good day for me. The sunroof hasn't squeaked since the ride home and the bumper is brand new again.

now that youve told me this piece of info about the headlights and fogs, i definitely dont feel bad about getting a '00...just wish i had the memory seats and 6 in-dash CD changer...but eh, what are you gonna do????
Old 03-23-2001, 05:30 PM
Racer

Miami Acura, also has great services. Esserman Acura totally the opposite
Old 03-23-2001, 05:44 PM
Instructor

I noticed the same thing about the headlights. When I went to test drive the TL-S, someone was already out in it. When the came pulling back onto the lot, the headlights were on. They looked like normal lights. I even asked the saleman if the '02 had HID lights! He said, "Yes"; and I said, "It sure doesn't look like it."

The '99-'01 TL's RULE!

------------------
1999 Acura 3.2TL
Black with Ebony
Bridgestone Potenza RE730 (size: 225/55ZR-16 on stock rims)
AEM Cold Air Intake and Bi-Pass Valve
Comptech Headers
Mugen Exhaust
Comptech Sport Springs
Tokico Non-Adjustable Shocks
Comptech Swaybars
Wings West Spoiler
Burlwood Shift Knob
Old 03-23-2001, 05:52 PM
Three Wheelin'

Bought my 02 Tails form Park Ave in NJ. They gave me two T-shirts, two hats, and a mitted Ice Scraper.

I don't even live in NJ. Called them on the phone and they took my credit card, and had a friend pick them up this morning.

I have never had customer service so good.
They were really helpful and didn't rush me or make me feel uncomfortable.

------------------

1999 Firepepper Red
Under Body Kit/Rear Wing Spoiler/26 Piece Wood Grain Console/BurlWood Shift Knob/
30% Smoke Tint/Comptech Sways & Springs (getting installed 3/23)

More Pics
Old 03-23-2001, 05:56 PM
Drifting

that is some very nice service! not a lot of ppl like the new front end that I know of.

------------------
Moderator on Acura-TL.com Forums

2000 Red Hot TL w/o nav
Burlwood Trim and Shift Knob
Wood Trim Set
Gutter Guard Grill
Nebraska Legal Darkest Tint
Goodyear Eagle HP Ultra Plus 225/55/16
Photos Of My RED HOT TL
Old 03-23-2001, 08:53 PM
Racer

Originally posted by adamyankee:
Bought my 02 Tails form Park Ave in NJ. They gave me two T-shirts, two hats, and a mitted Ice Scraper.

I don't even live in NJ. Called them on the phone and they took my credit card, and had a friend pick them up this morning.

I have never had customer service so good.
They were really helpful and didn't rush me or make me feel uncomfortable.

I agree i bring my car up to park ave acura to get it serviced, it cant be beat. I have gone to montclair and wayne acura and sorry guys but park ave acura beats them hands down.
Old 03-23-2001, 08:56 PM
Burning Brakes

dang that's great service.. all dealers need to be like that..

------------------
00' Acura 3.2TL Nighthawk Black Pearl
- 18's Lowenharts LGM Chrome (3 piece)
- 225/40 NT555
- Factory Kit
- Factory Spoiler
- Apexi N1 WS coilovers
Old 03-23-2001, 09:01 PM
O.G.

Originally posted by v_i_s_i_o_n:
dang that's great service.. all dealers need to be like that..

Hey vision,
How is your Apexi coilovers holding up? I am getting mine next week. How much is your drop? How is the ride now? I need to know...

Old 03-23-2001, 09:33 PM

Originally posted by BlackShadow:

I mentioned the fact that the TL-S HID aren't that bright on the "our hid's rule thread and caught hell, I'm glad you agree they aren't as bright.

------------------
Had a '99 TL w/Navigation system,factory chrome wheels,kit,deck spoiler, burlwood shift knob and V-1 radar detector before it was totalled due to flood damage.

Now I have a '01 BMW X5
Premium Package
Activity Package
Climate Package
Towing Package
Xenon auto-level headlamps
Alpine Mobile Multimedia Station (TV/VCR/NAVI)
19" Mille Miglia Evo 255/50 front 285/45 rear.

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial">[This message has been edited by 99w/navi on March 23, 2001 @ ]</font>