i need to vent!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2006, 12:16 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i need to vent!!!!

well, i just went to court for a speeding ticket and wreckless, 93 in a 55....i am guilty, i accept my actions, and i am ready for the discipline im about to undergo....

6 months license suspension, SR-22 on insurance record for 5 years (in other words, for the next 5 years imma be paying about 2500 every six months for insurance)....my car just sits in my garage at home, i dont look foward to catching the bus tommorow to work, i have to get up at 445 and leave my house by 510 am...

i know i deserve what was coming to me, sucks though, i just needed to vent...with insurance that high i dont think i can afford the TL anymore, so im trying to sell it, besides, whats the use of having a car i cant even drive for 6 months anyway?, paying for insurance when my TL just sits in my garage dosent make any sense, since i pay 315$ a month for the TL and 110 for insurance now, i figure i sell the TL and buy a cheap car thats payed off, like a 240 or something, and pay 400 a month for insurance, itll be like how i had car payments and insurance but this time itll just be 400 insurance which i can handle, but if i were to keep the TL then i couldnt afford 400$ insurance and 315$ car payments...

so for now im just gonna catch the bus to work the next 6 months, have my g/f drive me around during my social activitys (i always spend time with her anyway) and try to sell my car as it sits in my garage...

my life sucks, but i accept that everything was my fault and now i suffer the consequences, so to all you ppl out their that do stupid shit on the road, id think twice before its too late...ever since i got arrested i stopped speeding/racing, its not worth it, and now my trial is over and i never thought id resort to catching the bus again...oh well, i better get used to it...peace out
Old 02-06-2006, 12:23 AM
Drifting

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
oh wow.. sorry to hear man. definitly some rough shit you have to go through, sucks you learned it the hard way. hopefully we'll all start thinking before we get into any trouble like this, i know ive started to lessen my need for speed and wreckless driving ever since ive been hearing all these horror stories about speeding and accidents on this forum lately..
Old 02-06-2006, 12:28 AM
Three Wheelin'

word, my abstract is sooooo bad, about 75+ tickets, but only 6 are moving violations, but with a abstract that bad they really wanted to band me from the roads.... i wish i could keep the TL and finish her but their are more important things and prioritys that should come first...so sad to say i know i need to sell her...
Old 02-06-2006, 12:30 AM
Agean Blue Bishes

court on superbowl sunday?
Old 02-06-2006, 12:30 AM
Dragging knees in

Received 32 Likes on 21 Posts
Mmm, that sucks.

You didn't retain an attorney? That would've lowered the penalties significantly.

Anyway... if you won't be driving at all, then why bother selling the TL and getting another car? Cancel the insurance for the next 6 months, or just have storage insurance. It's extremely cheap and covers any damages to the car as long as it's in your garage or on the driveway. Plus having storage insurance lets you dodge the "Have you had continuous coverage for the last 3 years? If not, why?" question.

Also, ask the court if you can get a restricted license to drive to and from work. Sometimes they will let you do that. Of course, if you are caught, they will stick it to you. But it's worth a try, so you don't have to take the bus everyday to work.
Old 02-06-2006, 12:32 AM
Wallace, LA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow sorry bro...it is so easy to speed in these cars. I know they are slow compared to some cars but our cars are fast. Half the timeI don't realize how fast I'm going because the car feels like it was ment to go that fast and it just breathes.
Old 02-06-2006, 12:37 AM
Dragging knees in

Originally Posted by AcUrALiTy
word, my abstract is sooooo bad, about 75+ tickets, but only 6 are moving violations, but with a abstract that bad they really wanted to band me from the roads.... i wish i could keep the TL and finish her but their are more important things and prioritys that should come first...so sad to say i know i need to sell her...
Weren't you trying to sell it before this, anyway? I remember your thread about it... the buyer punked out at the last minute?
Old 02-06-2006, 12:39 AM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by demolition_x
court on superbowl sunday?

thursday
Old 02-06-2006, 12:40 AM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Pure Adrenaline
Weren't you trying to sell it before this, anyway? I remember your thread about it... the buyer punked out at the last minute?

i bought a q45, but after 2 days of owning it and a long talk with my parents they convinced me to return it so i did and took the TL back, i may consider taking off the insurance now that youve said that
Old 02-06-2006, 12:41 AM
Burning Brakes

can't you put a temporary stop to your insurance?
Old 02-06-2006, 12:41 AM
Three Wheelin'

but then i thought, why cancel the insurance if i can drive to and from work, i was gonna find out tommorow and call to see if i can get a temporary license for that but if thats true then i have to keep the insurance on my car
Old 02-06-2006, 12:44 AM
Dragging knees in

but then i thought, why cancel the insurance if i can drive to and from work, i was gonna find out tommorow and call to see if i can get a temporary license for that but if thats true then i have to keep the insurance on my car
Yeah, it looks like you'll have to make a tough decision here. If they would let you have a restricted license for commuting to work, then you would have to keep the insurance. If not, cancel insurance and take the bus...

Sorry, but either way, you'll probably lose it seems.

Chalk it up to experience, I guess. Been there done that.
Old 02-06-2006, 12:48 AM
Three Wheelin'

well, the good thing is that insurance dosent check my abstract often, ususally every 6 months or if i get a new policy...so i dont expect it to go up anytime soon, so i should try to get a temporary acception to and from work...ive have 3 speeding tickets this year and my insurance never changed
Old 02-06-2006, 12:55 AM
Dragging knees in

well, the good thing is that insurance dosent check my abstract often, ususally every 6 months or if i get a new policy...so i dont expect it to go up anytime soon, so i should try to get a temporary acception to and from work...ive have 3 speeding tickets this year and my insurance never changed
They might all hit you at once when the renewal time comes around.
Old 02-06-2006, 01:51 AM
Three Wheelin'

ill be expecting that, but for now, i jsut got a new policy this year so it last until may i think, so im pretty sure i dont have to worry, i might ask my g/f to take owner ship of the car and put insurance under her name, im crossing my fingers for that
Old 02-06-2006, 04:15 AM
Racer

damn that sucks, sounds like what happen to my cousin. He ended up getting a bike, but got into an accident with it and just gave up. Barely got his license back but with the restriction to only drive to work and school. Sucks to cause he has a new STI just sitting in the driveway.

Might want to consider getting a license for a bike?
Old 02-06-2006, 04:26 AM
Three Wheelin'

Sorry to hear that bro..
i'm sad on the other hand about my accident that got me all depressed through out this week.

The car is sitting in my garage and i'm not even sure when it'll be fixed.

I know the feeling of being grounded...

i won't be able to drive my car for atleast A month.

Anyways... goodluck with other things in life.... driving is only one form of pleasure.
hope you get another car that will be just as fun and affordable.

I have to agree with you about doing stupid stuff on the road.
Thats how i got into this mess myself...
take care and let us know what are your other options.
peace
Old 02-06-2006, 07:18 AM
FOR SALE - BM

AcUrALiTy, that really sux. i got a speeding ticket for 92.5 in a 55..... they told me my license would be suspended also and my insurance would go up significantly. i got myself a good laywer just to try to keep my license. i will keep eveyone posted as the events unfold...
Old 02-06-2006, 08:04 AM
Tristate ViP Crew

Damn man they got you good. That's a lot of tickets for a short period of time though. Try driving school to get rid of some of the points, it may help on your insurance too.
Old 02-06-2006, 09:56 AM
99TL-p 114K

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Damn yo, that fucken sucks. Yeah, its not worth it all that speeding and racing. Eventually everyone has their time and will get caught and suffer the consquences. I'm not a hardcore racer or anything but i do like to enjoy my car and punch it once in a while when im on open highway.
Old 02-06-2006, 10:51 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by dvsxlt247
Damn yo, that fucken sucks. Yeah, its not worth it all that speeding and racing. Eventually everyone has their time and will get caught and suffer the consquences. I'm not a hardcore racer or anything but i do like to enjoy my car and punch it once in a while when im on open highway.

word. after a 550$ (110 in a 55 mph) speeding ticket, i learned my lesson.

what sucks was that my gf's little brother got pulled over for doing 120 in a 65mph zone, and he just got a warning. the cop just told him and his friend to switch seats since he was only 17yo and his friend was 20yo. ... lucky bastard
Old 02-06-2006, 01:42 PM
NiGhT rIdEr

wow.....6 months!!!
i was clocked doing 96 in a 55 (41 over!)....$250 ticket + 10 day suspension. this was in PA, and i was 25/26....dont remember exactly how old.
i dont really think my insurance went up too much, i pay $213/month with 2 claims and 2 speeding tickets (96 in a 55 and 50 in a 30). but my car payments KILL $503/month wich equals $716/month

BTW... i drove everyday for those 10 days!
Old 02-06-2006, 01:54 PM
NiGhT rIdEr

Originally Posted by bkzjimmy
wow.....6 months!!!
i was clocked doing 96 in a 55 (41 over!)....$250 ticket + 10 day suspension. this was in PA, and i was 25/26....dont remember exactly how old.
i dont really think my insurance went up too much, i pay $213/month with 2 claims and 2 speeding tickets (96 in a 55 and 50 in a 30). but my car payments KILL $503/month wich equals $716/month

BTW... i drove everyday for those 10 days!
oh yea, i got 6 points
Old 02-06-2006, 04:12 PM
Doctor Sarcasm

Im actually glad they are taking away your license for going almost 30 over the limit and endangering everyone else around.

I was almost killed by someone speeding and if I wanted to be a real bitch, I could "vent" on you all day. You are 20 with too much testoterone IMHO.

Sorry no pity here but I hope you learned your lesson.
Old 02-06-2006, 08:06 PM
Instructor

yeah... when i got a 1 year suspension... me and my dad figured i'd pay for the insurance so that i wouldn't bring their attention to my record... funny how as soon as i got my license back... they were "sorry" to inform me that they would not be able to insure me anymore due to my suspension. Sorry to hear, hope you work things out.
Old 02-08-2006, 02:40 AM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by xtin
Im actually glad they are taking away your license for going almost 30 over the limit and endangering everyone else around.

I was almost killed by someone speeding and if I wanted to be a real bitch, I could "vent" on you all day. You are 20 with too much testoterone IMHO.

Sorry no pity here but I hope you learned your lesson.

first off fuckin noob, how the fuck do i endanger anyone else when their was no one else on the freeway near me at the time????? get the facts straight.... and if you dont know the facts, dont run your mouth assuming shit...and i made it pretty clear that i accept the consequences of my actions and i am taking the discpline as it is and im no punk thinking that once this is all over ill be going back to old habits, i stopped racing long before this incident, but i still was speeding for a personal reason that wasnt smart, and now i accept it, but if you aint got nothing nice to say then dont say anything at all...i didnt ask for no pity either, but i just needed to vent thats why i posted this...i post this thread not for ppl to feel bad about me, but to make other ppl think about their actions, no i aint accusing anyone of anything, just making a simple statement thats all
Old 02-22-2006, 04:55 PM
Racer

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts
Im sad to see such a beautiful TL go. I really wanna mod mine to look like yours, but i'm a poor college student..and a severely underpaid paralegal.

Xtin..everybody speeds sometimes, whats the point of driving a TL to run 55mph. Heck..we could have all saved thousands if we just bought a Kia spectra or something. I'm sure acurality dosnt go around tailgating people and driving people off the road.
Old 02-22-2006, 05:06 PM
Doctor Sarcasm

first off fuckin noob, how the fuck do i endanger anyone else when their was no one else on the freeway near me at the time????? get the facts straight.... and if you dont know the facts, dont run your mouth assuming shit...and i made it pretty clear that i accept the consequences of my actions and i am taking the discpline as it is and im no punk thinking that once this is all over ill be going back to old habits, i stopped racing long before this incident, but i still was speeding for a personal reason that wasnt smart, and now i accept it, but if you aint got nothing nice to say then dont say anything at all...i didnt ask for no pity either, but i just needed to vent thats why i posted this...i post this thread not for ppl to feel bad about me, but to make other ppl think about their actions, no i aint accusing anyone of anything, just making a simple statement thats all
You sound so intelligent when you fill your post with profanities. Im impressed.

Really.

Good luck speedy =)
Old 02-22-2006, 05:40 PM
Intermediate

In most cases the severity of the punishment depends on your record. If you have a bunch of 10-12mph over speeding tickets, they are going to hammer you for a 93 in a 55.

I say it sucks to be you, but it's good that you have learned.
Old 02-22-2006, 07:59 PM
5th Gear

Bummer

SO sorry to hear about your bad luck. I just got my first TL about 3 weeks ago, and even though it is not a brand new vehicle, I just couldn't wait to get my hands on it. Originally I was gonna get an RL, but the cost and availability just didn't work out. Really glad it didn't, I luv my TL, but I have to remind myself every time I get in it not to speed (or not to where I'll get caught anyway). They are just temptation diguised as a car. Too much fun... Good thing I didn't have my TL when I was in my 20's, would have been guaranteed to get tickets. Good luck.
Old 02-22-2006, 10:02 PM
Pro

Sorry for that bor,I can really feel your pain,i can't live w/o my car for a single day...
Old 02-22-2006, 10:11 PM
Drifting

okay dick

Originally Posted by xtin
You sound so intelligent when you fill your post with profanities. Im impressed.

Really.

Good luck speedy =)
Old 02-23-2006, 01:42 AM
Moderator Alumnus

We'll shut this down before it starts getting out of hand.