I need a DIY (abunchofcars doesn't work)

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2006, 10:03 PM
slobalt defender

Received 349 Likes on 186 Posts
I need a DIY for front bumper removal

I've been searching like crazy and can't find a picture DIY for the front bumper removal, can anyone help me out and give me a link to one that works?
Old 11-19-2006, 05:45 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 616 Likes on 294 Posts
Just a little guidance, but the next time you need help something, post what it is in the subject title. I.E. I need a DIY for bumper removal. I am editing it for future searches.

We used to have this DIY on this board, but lost it. I am copying & pasting the instructions from a bunch of cars.

Here are the instuctions; good luck.

Removing The Front Bumper

Begin by preping a middle sized flat heard screwdriver using electrical tape affixed to the top of the head like so to prevent any scratches. We used the bottom half of a milk carton to store our bolts as not to lose them.

Open the hood, and begin by removing the gromets circled in the pics below. To remove the gromets, stick the flat head into the little mini opening and turn it 90 degrees and the gromet screw should pop up. Be gently.

Begin by slowly lifting up the plastic mask. Start from the right side to the left and lift away from the car.

Using a 8mm socket with ratchet, begin unscrewing the bolts located in the tire well area on the upper area of the bumper. You can also use a phillips screwdriver.

Using a 8mm socket with ratchet, begin unscrewing the bolts located in the tire well area on the upper area of the bumper. You can also use a phillips screwdriver.

Once that is completed, the bumper is now ready to be removed. This step is much easier with 2 people but can be done with one. Start with the left side and carefuly, but firmly, pull slightly downwards and then lift up. That bumper should come down, but do not attempt to fully remove the bumper just yet. Go to the right side and do the same.

Now starting from passenger side to driver side, get a grip to the bumper and pull it out firmly but carefully towards you. That should begin releasing the bumper from the car. Becareful because there are retaining clips that help hold the bumper to the car, so it’ll be pretty hard to remove the bumper if this your first time.

Now the bumper should come free fairly easily. Store the bumper in a safe and dry location until until you are ready to put it back on.
Old 11-19-2006, 08:34 PM
B A N N E D

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
heres a DIY

call me anytime, ill be happy to help...for $5 dollars. =] jk

PM me and ill give u my number.
Old 11-19-2006, 08:41 PM
slobalt defender

Received 349 Likes on 186 Posts
Thanks guys, but does anyone know of one with pictures?
Old 11-19-2006, 08:49 PM
DRINKING HAS A ME PROBLEM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
its really simple you wont need pictures. really. my fiancee could prob do it. and she kinda confused when it comes to cars. she will analized the hell out of your personality but cars is a diff subject.