I LOVE MY TL more as I shop for the next car!!! (LONG)

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2001, 04:49 PM
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Cool I LOVE MY TL more as I shop for the next car!!! (LONG)

Alright guys, all I can say is that I LOVE MY TL!!!

I am not really with the service and quality with Acura, and I wanted soemthing that compact and got more kicks. So, I have been shopping around for my next car for a while...

Here are the cars that I have looked into

Corvette Z06 - Can't drive it during the winter and it's not meant to be the only car.

2001 M3 - Waiting list, and there are just way too many 3 series out there. Too played out.

2001 Audi S4 - Love that car except the gearbox and steering. I have to admit that I like RWD more.

2002 WRX - For the price, I had rather wait for the STi. IMHO it's not worth it, they over price Subaru in Canada. Interior is too cheap for my taste, too.

IS300 5spd - Great care for the money, but ain't much more power gain compared to the TL.

330Ci - Again, I don't think the differences is worth me to lose money on the TL, and 3 series is played out.

Volvo S60 T5 5spd- Well, light steering, and maybe because the car didn't run in... doesn't feel fast at all.

2001 Integra Type R - too rough for me

2002 Acura RSX-S - Again, Acura service, and I hate that seatbelt design... but I have to say that I love that little car. I love that tranny and the steering...

Okay, so after looking into so many different cars... I still have my TL. Honestly, there's something in the TL that makes me feel special about it... I like the way it drives with those 225/55/16 tires. I feel that I have more then enough powers most of the time. And it is actually kinda FUN to drive...

I just got back from a Nissan dealer, was checking out the SE-R V-spec. The pricing is really low. I want build a track car based on the V-spec. Now after I sat in the Sentra, Altama, or even the Maxima... Damn, just try to slam the door shut... You feel the difference... I can't believe that the Maxima's door are so light compared to the TL. I thought I was in the Altima, but no... They ALL feel kinda... hum... crappy...

Anyways, I just want to say that even I compalin my TL... Damn, I just love it more and more as I have checked out more of those cars...

Now, of course I had pick the M3 or Z06 over the TL anyday, but I do need a car that I can drive year round. And I do take value into the consideration...

Anyways, I am kinda hyper, now... I just wanna say that there's something about the TL... that I just... just... I LOVE MY TL!!!
Old 10-22-2001, 05:49 PM

SL, my wife just bought a 330CiC, and even with the extra weight of the conv. this car is fast ! I've driven the TL (a co-worker has a 2000) and to me, it doesn't come close. Granted, you see 0-60 times on the 330 around mid 6's, and low 7's on the TL, heck they somehow got 5.8 on a 330xi, but I now understand the whole BMW "driving experience". I also had an IS300 as a loaner, decent speed, okay at best interior materials, but not as much fun to drive, although it seemed to handle better than the TL (smaller). I love my GS430, but the Bimmer is much more fun to play with, top up or down !
Old 10-22-2001, 06:44 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SUP MY BRO!!!!!

yo, I know exactly what u r feeling man!! I had a hard choice pick my next car too. Coz, after driving the TL, every other car would either appear to CHEAP/CRAPPY, or NOT WORTH the MONEY!

right? Say u get another luxry car ... u'll feel, "damn, for this much money, and yet, it's not even better than the TL, or just a bit better"

well.. TL certainly raised my standard for all cars... i think it did that to u too.. hehe..

I'll say.. get that M3!!!!! Wow!! M3 is da bombest baby. . . . ... So.. sentraR-V is out of ur list huh.. it looked tooo bad in person? hehe.. well.. it's cheap tho... and u can spend the extra $$ mod it and stuff (just don't make it look like a civic)...

hrmmm.. well.. TL is luxry, and it's FAST... my poor new 325 is rather slower.. but... i dunno... I like the look of it. ^_^

it's coming this week!! I'll post some pics when i get it.....

SL, i'll say.. check out the mp3... tho there's only one left in Toronto (that dealer of downtown Mazda told me).....
Old 10-22-2001, 06:48 PM
Instructor

oh yah... btw..

forgot to say this point out... if u trade in ur TL for any other car.. u'll feel, damn, not worth the money! Coz u need to ADD money for a equal luxry/performance level, if not worse, car! Right? Hehe.. that's why my dad kept my TL .... coz we didn't feel like throwing my TL in and add like extra 20G for another car.
Old 10-22-2001, 06:55 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
how bout upgrading to a TYPE-S???!????... more power... and something new for u
Old 10-22-2001, 06:58 PM
Instructor

SL my man. let me reply this one for u... i know how u feel.

Nah.. type-S is mostly same with type-No-S... just with extra HP and a minor face lift. But, most of all, i'll be with acura service again.. I do not wish to see those lame fags for the rest of my life.

there! Am I right bro?

Old 10-22-2001, 07:47 PM
Pro

Dude,

Same thing here, i recently checked out the Maxima, Altima, Camry, Solara, i dunno....personal preference but i still prefer my 00 TL. It's hard to beat the TLs all around quality and value, so it makes it very hard trying to justify paying more for something a little bit better or even worse. It's hard to beat the TL for sure. And for someone that needs to count his change, i can't pay more for just a bit better or even "not as good".
Old 10-22-2001, 10:46 PM
O.G.

Sup SL. I'm glad to hear that you still love your TL after all your problems. Granted the TL is not perfect (nor any other car for that matter), it's an all-around great compromise between luxury and sport for the price. Plus everything comes standard (except navi).

BTW, I still love my TL after close to 3 years of owning it!
Old 10-23-2001, 01:37 AM
Drifting

Originally posted by riceboy_TL
SL my man. let me reply this one for u... i know how u feel.

Nah.. type-S is mostly same with type-No-S... just with extra HP and a minor face lift. But, most of all, i'll be with acura service again.. I do not wish to see those lame fags for the rest of my life.

there! Am I right bro?

That's my bro... exactly how I feel... It's a GREAT CAR to begin with, yet the SERVICE is gonna be the same that I DON'T wanna live with.

Oh, and I want a stick on my new car... has to be...

The M3 is great and all, but you have to consider that I can't really take the full benefit of the car... No one does in Canada, not to mention that I study out town... Snows, door dings...

No, it's not a right time...
Old 10-23-2001, 01:45 AM
Drifting

Well, I dunno.........

The Bimmers and the IS300 are NICE!!! but since I am trading in my TL....... I don't feel that the change is worth to lost money on the TL and pay extra for the new car...

There's something about the IS300's interior that I just don't like... like thier coin holder and ashtray and stuff...

By all means, I am not saying that the Bimmer ain't fast. THEY ARE!!! But if I already have M3 in mind... I am looking for something that's REALLY powerful... or REALLY different and fun to drive...

The IS300 and the Bimmers are fun to drive... but no fun at all during the winter... I got tons friends who drive those cars... so I know...

The MP3 is out of consideration, since I can't get a new one...

The sentra SE-R V-spec is really cheap... But I don't feel safe in that car at all!!! Gee you slam the door shut... Something the TL gives a firm old MB like feeling... The SER feels just like Civic, Corolla with more power.......

Now, what I might do is still get the SE-R V-spec and use it as my weekend track car or something like that.... Then again, I don't wanna keep two cars...

I will just worry about it when the spring comes... Ain't gonna get a new car during the winter...
Old 10-23-2001, 02:02 AM
MB-Fanatic w/TL-S

How about C32 AMG?? That baby would give you plenty of ZOOM ZOOM...

330CiC is a fun car to drive... even w/out roof and all the extra weight, it's still very tossable...

Andy Kuo
Old 10-23-2001, 02:16 AM
Drifting

Originally posted by AKRY
How about C32 AMG?? That baby would give you plenty of ZOOM ZOOM...

330CiC is a fun car to drive... even w/out roof and all the extra weight, it's still very tossable...

Andy Kuo
Don't like the new C's inteior and build quality.........

go slam the door on the C320, and the C-coupe, then do it to your TL..... you will know what I am saying........

and gotta have a stick........ no more automatics... not while I am still yonug...
Old 10-23-2001, 04:40 PM
Drifting

Received 117 Likes on 99 Posts
IMHO, I think the 3 series is not as good looking or nearly as big as the TL. The only BMW that turns my crank is the 5 series, but the cost is way out of my price range. BMW may be the car in my next life, when I have that type of coin to blow on a car. The TL is just such a good deal, for the coin.
Old 10-23-2001, 06:38 PM
AC
Drifting

Hey did you know you can get $8000 off MSRP on a 2001 540i 6spd if any available. Take a look at that...you won't be dissapointed Check with ShoofinTL, he's in the car biz and trust me he can get you some helatious deals!
Old 10-23-2001, 07:05 PM
Drifting

Originally posted by AC
Hey did you know you can get $8000 off MSRP on a 2001 540i 6spd if any available. Take a look at that...you won't be dissapointed Check with ShoofinTL, he's in the car biz and trust me he can get you some helatious deals!
Sup bro...... how's your Dinan SC kit coming alone?

$8000 off MSRP? But that's in the states... Damn...

If shoof can hook me up, then great..... but I am way up here in Cananda... so I doubt it.........

The 540 was on my top of the list, but due to the fact that it cost as must as the M3... I didn't consider it... now $8000 MRSP no wait........ WOW.... Thanks for that info... I am gonna make some phone calls...
Old 10-23-2001, 09:50 PM
AC
Drifting

Originally posted by SL1200MK4

Sup bro...... how's your Dinan SC kit coming alone?

$8000 off MSRP? But that's in the states... Damn...

If shoof can hook me up, then great..... but I am way up here in Cananda... so I doubt it.........

The 540 was on my top of the list, but due to the fact that it cost as must as the M3... I didn't consider it... now $8000 MRSP no wait........ WOW.... Thanks for that info... I am gonna make some phone calls...
Hey bro!

Well the Dinan SC is gonna supposedly arrive here in mid November. The cost on it is in the $teens and I'm considering getting my deposit back and maybe go with the ESS SC for $6800 installed for 415HP. Might hold off til next Feb cuz I spent so much already on my Hamann Kit, Exhaust, PG2's, RD Spring and Bilstein Shocks and the damn labor to paint and put my kit on is so damn expensive.

Oh totally forgot that you were in Canada, bummers. Man, here in the states, the 6spds are dime a dozen...sorry to rub it in. Are you sure in Canada you guys don't have the same rebate? Anyways good luck and give Shoofy a shout and see what he can do for ya.
Old 10-24-2001, 01:53 AM
Drifting

Originally posted by AC

Hey bro!

Well the Dinan SC is gonna supposedly arrive here in mid November. The cost on it is in the $teens and I'm considering getting my deposit back and maybe go with the ESS SC for $6800 installed for 415HP. Might hold off til next Feb cuz I spent so much already on my Hamann Kit, Exhaust, PG2's, RD Spring and Bilstein Shocks and the damn labor to paint and put my kit on is so damn expensive.

Oh totally forgot that you were in Canada, bummers. Man, here in the states, the 6spds are dime a dozen...sorry to rub it in. Are you sure in Canada you guys don't have the same rebate? Anyways good luck and give Shoofy a shout and see what he can do for ya.

Nay, I am pretty sure... cuz I know some people in the dealers, and I know the owner of a dealer in BC... So, I am pretty sure there's no such thing... I wish thought...