I Hate Cops!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2002, 11:25 AM
USMC Butterbars

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry I Hate Cops!!!

So im driving home during my lunch break from work and this jacka$$ cop is parked with his radar off....so i slowed down seeing him....and as SOOON as he sees me driving this acura tl....he uses a laser on me....meanwhile a porsche and a bmw 3 series are zoomin by ahead of me....im going 40 in a 40mph zone....so as SOON as i pass him he pulls out and begins to follow me.....JUST WAITING FOR A REASON TO PULL ME OVER.....i signal left and after about 5 mins of following me...he finally pulls me over.....what does he say?......exact convo...
PIG: You altered your signal lights?
ME: Yes officer.
FATA$$ PIG: This is a Honda right?
ME: No officer, it's an acura.
FATA$$ PIG: Well then, is this your car?
ME: Yes officer.
FATA$$ PIG: Well your acura is inspected and approved by the commissioner of the state of NJ and do you think he would want you to go ahead and change your lights? (IN A CONDESCENDING TONE)
ME: No officer, I didn't realize it was illegal. I see so many cars nowadays with white turn signals, so i assumed they weren't a problem.
PUNKA$$ FAT PIG: Well, they are illegal. License and registration. Do you have anything ILLEGAL in the car that you want me to know about? For my safety and yours let me know now.
ME: (Im thinking WTF???!?!!?!?!!?) No.
<fat pig waddles back to car and comes back takin his SWEET A$$ Time>
Punk A$$ PIG: Change your lights back. This is a verbal warning.
Me: ok.

WHAT A COCK!!! JUST BECAUSE IM YOUNG AND DRIVING A NICE CAR THIS PRICK PULLS ME OVER FOR THE STUPIDEST FRIGGIN THING!! I am soo freaking heated....and just to think....ill be over in afghan in a few years fighting for pricks like this jacka$$.....
.....thanx for reading...btw are white turn signals illegal in the state of NJ????
Old 11-21-2002, 11:42 AM
Instructor

At least he didn't write you up. Chalk it up as a cop who had nothing better to do, and enjoy life ...

Danny
Old 11-21-2002, 11:48 AM
Racer

btw are white turn signals illegal in the state of NJ????

......turn signals MUST be Amber in all states.
(most cops just don't bother enforcing it)
Old 11-21-2002, 12:00 PM
VOTE OUT THE BUSH REGIME

this is the exact reason that I keep myself from clearing my headlights... I look at a TL with cleared headlights and I think badass I need to do that soon. Then a week later I read a story about someone getting pulled over for something like this and I think well no I shouldn't do it...

I have been going back and forth for over 6 months on whether to clear...oh well...
Old 11-21-2002, 12:10 PM
Racer

I have been going back and forth for over 6 months on whether to clear....

AK_MOBBER...you're gonne hate me for this.

You CAN clear your headlights !!!

Just make sure your turn signals blink Amber.
(there are clear bulbs that do that...some people here can give point you in the right direction)
Old 11-21-2002, 12:16 PM
'Big Daddy Diggler'

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by AndySara
I have been going back and forth for over 6 months on whether to clear....

AK_MOBBER...you're gonne hate me for this.

You CAN clear your headlights !!!

Just make sure your turn signals blink Amber.
(there are clear bulbs that do that...some people here can give point you in the right direction)
Having family on the force i have to correct you. In the US, every car must have an amber reflector on the front of the vehicle.This is why BMW's come with clear headlights but still have amber reflectors. And even if you have the amber reflectors, your turn signals must be amber as well.
Old 11-21-2002, 12:24 PM
Mr. Self Destruct

Originally posted by AndySara
btw are white turn signals illegal in the state of NJ????

......turn signals MUST be Amber in all states.
(most cops just don't bother enforcing it)
Not TRUE! Well, not true for California. In CALI, you must have red or amber in the rear. The front can be amber or clear (per a friend on the local PD), however you must have an amber reflector of some sort in the front. (doesn't have to be your turn signal).

shimbo: unfortunately you fell victim of a stereotype. There are many young drivers of nice, fixed up rides who participate in illegal activities. It'll always be this way. The COPS were the same when my dad was young and driving fixed up MUSCLE cars in the 60s.

So, you just need to be aware of your state's laws and abide by them. Find other ways to mod your car and make it unique. Then you shouldn't have to worry about "the MAN". If you choose to do some "illegal" mod, then just be prepared for the hassle. You never know when it's going to come.
Old 11-21-2002, 12:31 PM
Racer

Having family on the force i have to correct you. In the US, every car must have an amber reflector on the front of the vehicle.

Perhaps in NY ???

Off the top of my head, there are two cars that I can think of...
The Mercedes C320 and the Infiniti G20.
Reflectors are clear. Lenses are clear. Only the bulb is Amber.
(Side markers have yellow lenses but those are parking lights)
Old 11-21-2002, 01:40 PM
Burning Brakes

i cannot agree with you more.

the thing is, so many things in this world are caused by people who are low in self esteem and want to bring others down so they can temporarily feel higher. its the curse of the privileged. the only thing at the end of the day we can say is that is the price we pay to have nice things. besides, would you rather be in the less fortunate guy's shoes? then no one would bother you. think of the harrassment as a compliment.

i wish i could follow my own advice when i get pulled over 10 times in the next year. i really hate HATE most cops.

can anyone figure out a real solution to regulating them or protecting ourselves against them? for heaven's sake, and all you cops ready to bite my ass, no one here is trying to cause trouble in the world by having clear blinkers.
Old 11-21-2002, 03:13 PM
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
:yack: cops!!

They gave me a ticket for turning on my fog ligghts just about a month ago. What a dumbass! they only ticket people who dirves a nice car while the ****box crx going 60 on a 40 didnt get sh*t.
So are you gonna change the lights back?? as for me i still drive with my fog lights on :thefinger the cops.

BTW The honda and the acura part was funny though.

"FATA$$ PIG: This is a Honda right?
ME: No officer, it's an acura. "
Old 11-21-2002, 03:23 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally posted by AK_MOBBER
this is the exact reason that I keep myself from clearing my headlights... I look at a TL with cleared headlights and I think badass I need to do that soon. Then a week later I read a story about someone getting pulled over for something like this and I think well no I shouldn't do it...

I have been going back and forth for over 6 months on whether to clear...oh well...
do it! as long as you leave your bulbs amber, even thou by written law it is illegal (cuz you have no amber reflectors anywhere up front), cops still won't hassle you for it. white turn signals are just obvious, and get you in much more trouble. clear headlights, i haven't heard of anyone getting pulled over for ONLY cleared headlights.
Old 11-21-2002, 04:01 PM
Pro

I'm not going to get into the cop bashing stuff However i would say that, no matter how trivial or small of a issue this is, the officer is with in he's scope of duty to stop you for that. Will it fly in court? NO! But you have to realize there are a lot of laws on the books that never get enforce unless it leads to some other incident, ie. jay walking. If you search your state and local laws, you will be shocked at some of the laws. Having said that i don't agree with what occured but they do have the power. And the only way to fight it, is to vote to change the laws.
Old 11-21-2002, 04:03 PM
Three Wheelin'

ALL OF YOU ARE WRONG!!!!

in NJ, you are ABSOLUTELY allowed to have your front turn signal amber OR white. ONLY youre rear turn signal must be amber or red. do not believe that other people tell you. i have looked up the law myself and it clearly states that you can have amber or white for the FRONT turn signal. if you want to find out the law for yourself, go to www.nolo.com or www.findlaw.com. go to the "state laws" section of the web sites.

here is the exact statute word-for-word. i bolded the relevant portion:

39:3-50. Color of lights, permits; cancellation or revocation of permits
All lamps and reflectors, which display a light visible from directly in front of a vehicle as authorized by this subtitle, shall exhibit lights substantially white, yellow or amber in color.

(a) The color of light emitted or reflected by exterior lamps or reflectors on a vehicle shall be as follows, except as otherwise provided in paragraph (b), (c) and (d) of this section:

White when the lamp is a headlamp, or spot lamp, or illuminates a license plate or a destination sign; or is located on the outside limit of a side car or other attachment on a motor cycle;

Substantially white or amber when the lamp is a side-cowl or fender lamp, running-board or other courtesy lamp, front parking lamp, back-up lamp, auxiliary driving lamp; or a turn signal on or facing the front;

Substantially red or amber when the lamp is a turn signal or a stop lamp on or facing the rear;

Red when any other lamp or any reflector is on the rear or on either side at or near the rear, except as otherwise provided in paragraph (f) of section 39:3-61 for a combination marker lamp;

Amber when any other lamp or reflector is on the front or on either side other than at or near the rear.

(b) Lamps and reflectors on projecting loads shall emit or reflect light with color as provided in section 10 of this act.

(c) No person shall drive or move any vehicle or equipment upon any street or highway equipped with any device or lamp thereon capable of or displaying a light of any other color than permitted by this section, except: an authorized emergency vehicle, an authorized school bus, or a vehicle authorized by a permit issued by the director.

(d) A permit authorizing a vehicle to be equipped with a lamp capable of or displaying a flashing light, except as provided in 39:3-54 or a light of a color other than permitted by this section, visible from directly in front of said vehicle, may be issued by the director when necessary, in his discretion, for the reasonable and safe movement of traffic. The permit shall specify the type and color of such lamp and the conditions under which a person may drive or move the vehicle with said lamp displaying a light. The permit shall be valid only when the specifications and conditions contained therein are complied with.

The director may cancel or revoke a permit issued under authority of this section whenever the conditions for its issuance no longer exist or on any other reasonable grounds.

so you see, it is legal to have a front white turn signal in NJ. print out the section or look it up for yourself on the NJ legislature web site using the statute number 39:3-50.

i'm doing this for all of you NJ TL'ers that have been messed with by the POS cops...peace.
Old 11-21-2002, 05:07 PM
still a Masshole

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I have white rear blinkers and today some cop was on my ass and I had to switch lanes. I lucked out because he didn't pull me over for the lights. I had been speeding earlier and I think he was waiting for me to speed again. When I didn't he just made a U-turn.
Old 11-21-2002, 05:10 PM
USMC Butterbars

well i didnt make it clear in the first post....but i have REAR white turn signals...well in that case tl lover, I am gonna change my rears to red and front to white....and if a cop pulls me over again ill whip out that fact u just gave and send him on his way to dunkin donuts.....dont get me wrong i give alot of respect to NYC cops, or any cops that actually do something.....its these damn FATASS surburban PIGS that have nothing better to do then catch speeders and harass ppl who drive nice cars.....as for the police dept in PARK RIDGE, NJ.....EAT A ****.....with that said.....anyone wanna buy a week old rear white turn signals?...hehe
Old 11-21-2002, 05:41 PM
/etc/car

Words cannot describe the idiocy in this thread.

You broke the law trying to make your car look "cool" because you are such an ultra cool person. End of story.

People like this make me sick and you give true automobile enthusaists a bad reputation with ricey nonsense like that
Old 11-21-2002, 09:38 PM
Flyin' and Drivin'

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts
Yeah, some are friggin asses about things. I was driving back to Auburn, AL from Atlanta one night, and got pulled over because the cop thought I failed to dim my headlights. I was the only car on that stretch of 85, and he was hiding, so I didn't see him. Of course I didn't have high beams on that car because I put in an aftermarket HID conversion kit..... dumbass.

-Ryan
'99 Satin Silver TL
Old 11-21-2002, 11:51 PM
VOTE OUT THE BUSH REGIME

I don't think i'm gonna clear them guys for a couple reasons.
1. I don't have the time to clear them now.
2. I want absolutly no chance of ever getting pulled over in the future, clearing them and putting in amber bulbs would heighten my chance since many police depts have different conflicting laws and at one time or another i'll drive through some no-name town and get poped by some jerk cop trying to to raise money for his local PD. On top of that when I get pulled over it will be my bad luck that i'll be :smokin:

I'll do more engine mods first
Old 11-22-2002, 07:48 AM
Banned

Originally posted by AK_MOBBER
I don't think i'm gonna clear them guys for a couple reasons.
1. I don't have the time to clear them now.
2. I want absolutly no chance of ever getting pulled over in the future, clearing them and putting in amber bulbs would heighten my chance since many police depts have different conflicting laws and at one time or another i'll drive through some no-name town and get poped by some jerk cop trying to to raise money for his local PD. On top of that when I get pulled over it will be my bad luck that i'll be :smokin:

I'll do more engine mods first
good points, but engine mods arent free. clearing headlights is.
Old 11-22-2002, 10:06 AM
Team Owner

Received 2,183 Likes on 1,196 Posts
Personally I don't like white turn signals beacause they are way to bright at night.
Old 11-22-2002, 12:31 PM
still a Masshole

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
This didn't helps the thread's cause either!

Originally posted by SwampGas
Words cannot describe the idiocy in this thread.

You broke the law trying to make your car look "cool" because you are such an ultra cool person. End of story.

People like this make me sick and you give true automobile enthusaists a bad reputation with ricey nonsense like that
Old 11-22-2002, 05:31 PM
Dai
Instructor

Well, if you think about it, SwampGas is correct.

Let's see.

Shimbo519 has clear/white bulbs as REAR signal lights.
It is ILLEGAL to have clear/white REAR signal lights.

I don't see a problem with this.
Old 11-22-2002, 05:34 PM
Dai
Instructor

Re: ALL OF YOU ARE WRONG!!!!

Originally posted by TLover8888
in NJ, you are ABSOLUTELY allowed to have your front turn signal amber OR white. ONLY youre rear turn signal must be amber or red. do not believe that other people tell you. i have looked up the law myself and it clearly states that you can have amber or white for the FRONT turn signal. if you want to find out the law for yourself, go to www.nolo.com or www.findlaw.com. go to the "state laws" section of the web sites.

here is the exact statute word-for-word. i bolded the relevant portion:

39:3-50. Color of lights, permits; cancellation or revocation of permits
All lamps and reflectors, which display a light visible from directly in front of a vehicle as authorized by this subtitle, shall exhibit lights substantially white, yellow or amber in color.

(a) The color of light emitted or reflected by exterior lamps or reflectors on a vehicle shall be as follows, except as otherwise provided in paragraph (b), (c) and (d) of this section:

White when the lamp is a headlamp, or spot lamp, or illuminates a license plate or a destination sign; or is located on the outside limit of a side car or other attachment on a motor cycle;

Substantially white or amber when the lamp is a side-cowl or fender lamp, running-board or other courtesy lamp, front parking lamp, back-up lamp, auxiliary driving lamp; or a turn signal on or facing the front;

Substantially red or amber when the lamp is a turn signal or a stop lamp on or facing the rear;

Red when any other lamp or any reflector is on the rear or on either side at or near the rear, except as otherwise provided in paragraph (f) of section 39:3-61 for a combination marker lamp;

Amber when any other lamp or reflector is on the front or on either side other than at or near the rear.

(b) Lamps and reflectors on projecting loads shall emit or reflect light with color as provided in section 10 of this act.

(c) No person shall drive or move any vehicle or equipment upon any street or highway equipped with any device or lamp thereon capable of or displaying a light of any other color than permitted by this section, except: an authorized emergency vehicle, an authorized school bus, or a vehicle authorized by a permit issued by the director.

(d) A permit authorizing a vehicle to be equipped with a lamp capable of or displaying a flashing light, except as provided in 39:3-54 or a light of a color other than permitted by this section, visible from directly in front of said vehicle, may be issued by the director when necessary, in his discretion, for the reasonable and safe movement of traffic. The permit shall specify the type and color of such lamp and the conditions under which a person may drive or move the vehicle with said lamp displaying a light. The permit shall be valid only when the specifications and conditions contained therein are complied with.

The director may cancel or revoke a permit issued under authority of this section whenever the conditions for its issuance no longer exist or on any other reasonable grounds.

so you see, it is legal to have a front white turn signal in NJ. print out the section or look it up for yourself on the NJ legislature web site using the statute number 39:3-50.

i'm doing this for all of you NJ TL'ers that have been messed with by the POS cops...peace.
So we've established that you CAN have clear/amber signal lights in the front and amber/red signal lights in the back.

Please check your local laws in regards to having an AMBER REFLECTOR near the front of your vehicle. You will find that all cars are REQUIRED to have them. (also red reflectors near the rear of the vehicle)