I finally got the balls to do it.

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2005, 02:54 AM
pwnage

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I finally got the balls to do it.

well I finally got up the guts to clear my head lights. with a little trouble here and there we finally finished with just a couple road blocks in the way... for future reference to anyone clearing their head lights... wear gloves when playing with silicon... shit is almost impossible to get off of your hands. also... I ended up with like 5 extra plastic screw whatever you call 'em things so we'll see what happens with that... I am taking my bumper off again next weekend to fill the fog light holes with mesh and the center area with mesh so ill check again to see where I am missing the plastic plugs...

Old 09-18-2005, 08:43 AM
2400 Watts in a TL...Why?

The hell is that a pic of?

You half naked with car parts (amber reflectors)... I'll pass on this thread... You know the carmera has to be pointed the other way to get the car, right?
Old 09-18-2005, 08:46 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dude is just proud he got those yellow shits out. I don't blame him, I'm scared to death of baking my headlights!
Old 09-18-2005, 09:00 AM

LOL... I'm not blamig him for attacking his headlights, It's a great DIY and it'll build some great confidence for working on your car... espically doing it alone, that earns some serious props..

I'm just teasin him about the pic.... .. typically the pic that goes alone with the "cleared headlights thread" is of the car.... not the shirtless guy who did it....lol ..

I'm only teasin'... lol

Great work buddy, The extra plugs could be from the top of the engine bay, the plastic cover that goes across the front of the engine is held down by these plastic plugs, BUT it also covers some plastic plugs too.. So if you put that plastic cover back onto the car and started putting the plugs back on you may have covered some of the pulg holes when you put that plastic cover back on.. hence why you don't see any more holes for the plugs to go in, the plastic cover is covering them.

Some plugs go down proir to the plastic cover being put back on, then aditional plugs go on to hold the cover on.
Old 09-18-2005, 09:14 AM
Burning Brakes

What is the worst that can possibly happen doing this DIY?
Old 09-18-2005, 09:23 AM
is still kickin!

I heard silicon was bad when using them to seal your headlights.
Old 09-18-2005, 09:29 AM

Originally Posted by Mike_McCready
What is the worst that can possibly happen doing this DIY?

Not seal the headlights properly, thus water/condensation boils and blows your lights!!

You could get the Hondabond (adhesive silicone) in the headlight on the chrome piece... That stuff is close to impossible to get off without marking the chrome.

You could potentially ruin the headlights somehow in the oven, if you left the electrical components on, turned the oven too high, forgot about them.

You could possibly break something in the HID ballast, costing hundreads to a thousand to fix.

You could touch the bulb with your hands and transfer oils to the light, thus it blows when it turns on.

There's a few things that could go wrong....there's more but that should suffice for an answer
Old 09-18-2005, 04:48 PM
pwnage

well I had been sweating my ass off half of the day doing it so my shirt is going to be off ya know? no point in sweating thru one of my polo's...