I don't think people give the Type S enough credit on these boards

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2002, 07:39 PM
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't think people give the Type S enough credit on these boards

I've recently been in the market for a new car, and I've read this site when i was thinking of the acura. i had to register so i could say this. the acura's main strengths are the fact that it offers so much for such a good price, in that it is hard to beat. that and the fact that the acceleration on this car can beat most cars. there are very few cars in the entry level luxury sedan segment that can beat the 0-60 times that are mid 6's. actually, probably only a few. the ones i can think of are a 330 with a stick and a c320 (not sure about the times, but i bet its fast). wrx is not a luxury car, so i don't count it. you also have the g35 now, but that car has to be the ugliest thing i have seen from the rear. really poor jobs by the designers at infiniti. as ugly as the rear on the maxima. it's sheer acceleration in a straight line is quick. granted, i don't think many people mention the volvo t5, which is insane. and the upgraded stereo in that car is great!

that being said, i decided to get a 3.0 audi a4 quattro tiptronic. i made an offer in jan. on an acura with navi but none were found. then i said screw it and ordered a german car. they are both great cars, and if i had time to wait, i would hold out for a 2004 tl. my friend is an engineer down in ohio for honda; he has seen the car and says it looks great and told me to wait. hasn't told me anymore details though. the audi has the best interior of any car, period. the wood on the 3.0 is unbelievable. too bad acura cannot imitate it. acceleration does not compare to type s, but it is decent, and throw in quattro and a great sports package and you have a decent performer all around. especially in snow ( i can't wait!). it's nice also to be able to get a 10 speaker stereo with a 10 inch sub. i don't like the hassle of aftermarket. i also got the leatherette in ebony so it looks like leather but 1300 cheaper. reliability is not as good, but whatever. looks good from the outside, especially with the dolphin gray.

both cars are great. if i had the opportunity to wait, i would. i'm real excited to see what acura puts out next year. we'll get a taste of it when the accord comes out. hopefully they did not make it too big.

well, i guess there was no real point to this email, other than i'm bored and this is what happens when you have no girlfriend and other girls love you but when you tell them you only want to be friends they stop calling (i only date middle eastern women, its a culture thing and the women are gorgeous).
Old 04-19-2002, 07:41 PM
3rd Gear

oh, and i negotiated the audi a4 3.0 for 1000 above invoice with ordering it. i knocked off a couple thousand.

for the acura type s with navi, i negotiated it for 31,300, but they couldn't find white with ebony.
Old 04-19-2002, 07:54 PM
Advanced

None were found!? My dealer is getting mine right from the factory. Sounds like the dealer didn't really want to let you have the deal.

-Randy
Old 04-19-2002, 09:45 PM
3rd Gear

it was when they were switching from 02 to 03. 03 were being built but were not arriving till end of feb. i wanted a 02 since i could negotiate better.
Old 04-19-2002, 10:29 PM
Racer

Hmmm, I don't know where you got that "TL-S doesn't get enough credit" comment from, but I believe most people here have much respect in our cars - at least I do, and that's why I bought it.
Old 04-19-2002, 11:02 PM
Burning Brakes

Which people are these? The owners mostly love their cars because they know exactly what they got for their money... its only people who have no clue about the car make snap judgements.

This girl tells me once that I should've bought a fast car like hers (she drives a base auto mustang)...lil does she know that the TLS can rip a base mustang to shreds!

Another guy I know drives a 323i but does not even know how much HP his car makes...but he definitely knows my car "is not fast (looking)"