Hyper blinkers..I like it... but thats just me

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2002, 01:03 AM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hyper blinkers..I like it... but thats just me

I am going to try this again. My post last week was torched by many people but i dont know why. My topic is potential target so if you got a problem, then too bad don't say $hit. Don't wanna deal with people like that no more

Here is a little mod that hopefully some of you might like. I switch my wires so i have hyper blinkers. For people who do not know what hyperblinkers are, they just make your signals singal aprrox 6 times faster than factory. There is module for it but it cost $6 per module. Well here are the steps on what to do. Its very easy.

-Take your signal bulb out and the side buld. There should be two bulbs. One big one and one small one. The big one have 3 wires (black,red, green). I think the bottom bulb have 2 wires (black & red). What you do is cut the top green wire and cut the bottom red wire. Connect the green wire to the red wire where its still attach to the bulb. So basically you tap the green wire, which is the wire for signals, to the red wire wihch is the power wire. If this is done correctly, the bottom bulb will come on for signals and emergency. There are your hyperblinkers. GET IT???. Oh yeha, dont forget to tape up the loose wires.

One more thing. If you wan all your lights to match, change the side bulb with 1 stage bulb instead of the two stage. If you look under the bulb and they have 1 stem, that means its a one stage. Those give you a brighter color on the side. But thats possible only after you do my mod or else you cant signal.

I hope I made my mode some what clear but if you are interested and have questions then pm me or just ask.

BG

Ps if you hate it and think its stupid... once again don't say $hit
Old 01-25-2002, 01:08 AM
Racer

Uhmm, Idon't see the point, and don't understand why people do this pointless annoying mod.

.....J/k
Old 01-25-2002, 01:21 AM
Racer

hey remember what I said. You dont like it thats fine. How is it annoying and pointless???
Old 01-25-2002, 01:46 AM
Purchased: April 28, 2001

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
OK....personal preferences aside...lets look at this mod from a COMPLETELY logical point of view.

Benefits.

#1a People would definitely know it when you signal.

#1b You'll be differrent.

Cons.

#1 Your bulbs wont last as long since the act of turning them on and off would actually wear them out faster than if you just left them on for the entire time you complete your turn/lane change.

#2 Same as above...so that means its bad for attracting cops if you wanna hide in the pack.
Old 01-25-2002, 01:52 AM
Racer

I said j/k, I was just kiding, but now as you ask, I agree your bulbs will just ware out faster, and they are annoying to the poor sap behind you at night flashing the hell out of their car and face
Old 01-25-2002, 01:59 AM
Racer

typesmaximum...my bad. Didnt see the j/k part, Too heated with my previous post that I just automatically fired back.

As for the points given, yeah the bulbs wear out quick and nah it doesnt attract cops. its not illegal but you guys got me on the bulb part. The first bulb last me two months only.

jsut want something different I guess.

Bg
Old 01-25-2002, 02:52 AM

I wasnt saying its illegal. I was just trying to point out that those people with these blinkers gets MY attention more than the average slow ones. All I was saying is that if I was a cop, I'd look at you more too. Now...if you are not doing anything fine...but if you tend to speed a lil like most people on this board...then any added attention (especially at night) is not very stragegical. I'm all for being different, I'm just trying to make it easier for those who visit this thread and present the pros and cons to them politely to try and avoid flames since everyone is so easy to jump the gun before understanding what others even wrote.
Old 01-25-2002, 03:00 AM
MB-Fanatic w/TL-S

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Anyone knows how to make the front turn signals bright?? Like the DRL on Firebird/Camaro?? Instead of 2 filements(one always lite when headlights are on, the other blinks when turn signals are activated) and blinkers blinks 2nd filement, I want to make the whole thing blinks(on/off/on w/out constant lite 1st filement)....

Hopefully, I am not confusing you with my words... it's hard to explain it...

If you look at E46 3-Series blinkers at night, you would understand what I am trying to say... :p

Andy Kuo
Old 01-25-2002, 03:09 AM

I know what you are trying to say but lets look at it for a sec. The blinkers are made out of 2 filaments A and B. lets say A is the one that remains lit when the headlights are on and B is the one that blinks when you turn on the hazards. Would you want these 2 to be on when the headlights are on? If you do, then heat would be something to look at if you are going with the 35W hyperwhites, and on top of that, there is no saying that B would last as long as A. I was thinking of the same thing a while back since I kinda wanted to use em as a dim source of day time running lights.
Old 01-25-2002, 03:24 AM
MB-Fanatic w/TL-S

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by edgalang
I know what you are trying to say but lets look at it for a sec. The blinkers are made out of 2 filaments A and B. lets say A is the one that remains lit when the headlights are on and B is the one that blinks when you turn on the hazards. Would you want these 2 to be on when the headlights are on? If you do, then heat would be something to look at if you are going with the 35W hyperwhites, and on top of that, there is no saying that B would last as long as A. I was thinking of the same thing a while back since I kinda wanted to use em as a dim source of day time running lights.
That's true, but I would stick with OE orange bulb anyway(never liked hyperwhite/superwhite as turn signals)..

Go this idea from Dodge/Chrysler minivan actually...... Chrysler uses it as DRL for its minivan, and whole thing switch to "normal" 2 filement system just like our TL/TLS.... if we can find a way to wire it so, that it would stay in "DRL" mode... it would be great...

Andy Kuo
Old 01-25-2002, 07:07 AM
Racer

i saw a lancer yesterday with some bright f*cking blinkers.... it was so annoying. it was like have HID blinkers...
Old 01-25-2002, 12:41 PM
Pro

Originally posted by edgalang
...but if you tend to speed a lil like most people on this board...

Whoooo violates the speed limit with their TL-S ??!!!