How's this for customer service.....?

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2001, 06:54 PM
No, you are a dork.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How's this for customer service.....?

My TL-S is not going to arrive until the 22nd of this month. I called the dealer today, Riddle Acura in Chesapeake, VA, and asked if it would be possible to get a "loaner" car until mine came in. He said sure, come by tomorrow before lunch. I asked what type of "loaner" it was..........2002 TL-S..........Can't beat that.....

One more thing....For those of you looking to buy a TL-S, or any new car for that matter, don't go in blind. Always ask for the General Manager and work out details with him....More knowledgable and less hassle..........My $.02..
Old 08-14-2001, 07:20 PM
Ex TL-S owner

Re: How's this for customer service.....?

Originally posted by daryl.com
My TL-S is not going to arrive until the 22nd of this month. I called the dealer today, Riddle Acura in Chesapeake, VA, and asked if it would be possible to get a "loaner" car until mine came in. He said sure, come by tomorrow before lunch. I asked what type of "loaner" it was..........2002 TL-S..........Can't beat that.....

One more thing....For those of you looking to buy a TL-S, or any new car for that matter, don't go in blind. Always ask for the General Manager and work out details with him....More knowledgable and less hassle..........My $.02..

Wow! Thats awesome! Well I was lucky.....I got my car the next day w/4 miles on it.
Old 08-14-2001, 07:30 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
A TL-S loaner? Never heard of that!
Old 08-14-2001, 09:08 PM
Racer

That's unreal!! But so cool!!

I have a due bill on mine to add a car care kit (paint seal, leather, etc. - she was cute, what can I say!). But at the bottom, it says no loan cars available due to insurance regulations. But they said they were going to need the car all day!! My dealer's around 45 minutes away, so that sucks!

Good job - enjoy it until you get your own!
Old 08-14-2001, 09:42 PM
Pro

If you got a TLS loaner, it probably belongs to the dealer or the owner :-)
Old 08-15-2001, 01:38 AM
Instructor

Question

Is the dealer required to give you a loaner when your car is in for repairs under warranty. Im assuming, no because my TL-s is in the shop right now for minor repairs (CD player acting up and pwr passenger seat went out or is off track). The didnt offer a loaner and I didnt even ask, but they were nice and ask if I needed a ride or anything.
Old 08-15-2001, 01:42 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Acura dealerships are required to give you a loaner ONLY if the car has to stay overnight.
Old 08-15-2001, 02:15 AM
Instructor

Thumbs up

Thanx for the info. my car is spending the night at the acura dealership. However I voluntered to drop it off before close today rather then have to bring it "first thing in the morning". Im curious to see if they can fix both problems tomorrow( CD player could have to be replaced?) If Its not ready by closing time tommorow I will def. ask for a loaner. I love myTL-S but it sux not being able to use it. Afterall the payments dont stop!
Old 08-15-2001, 03:19 AM
Racer

Hehhe i get a loaner car even for a oil change.
Old 08-15-2001, 09:05 AM
Advanced

My TLS went to the shop yesterday for water leaking into the front passenger floorboard from somewhere under the dash after a heavy rain. They offered me a ride but later called to offer me a loaner as they cannot find where the leak might be and they will be keeping it overnight. They are inspecting the windshield today and a couple of body seams to see if they can find the leak. Got an Integra for a loaner !
Old 08-15-2001, 10:05 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally posted by bioyuki
Acura dealerships are required to give you a loaner ONLY if the car has to stay overnight.
Acura doesn't have a stated policy on loaners. It's up to the individual dealer and the conditions under which they provide them vary greatly. Some dealers only allow loaners for cars purchased at their store, others only for warranty work, and a few provide loaners for routine maintenance. Also a lot of dealers have small loaner fleets and rely on Enterprise to bridge the gap. Without a documented policy, Acura could change the terms or discontinue the loaner program without notice which sort of bugs me.
Old 08-15-2001, 10:45 AM
Pro

blubyu,

Your passenger power seat went off track, too. I thought I am the only one. It tooks them 3 weeks to have it repaired. It is becuase, after the dealer take the seat apart. They found out both track on the passenger seat is broken.

My dealer did offer me a loaner or take me to work.
Old 08-15-2001, 10:46 AM
No, you are a dork.

Update....I just went to the dealership to pick up what i thought was going to be a TL-S for a loaner until mine comes in.....I got the GM's MDX (fully loaded). I love that ride.....Soft supple and smooth.....Still going to get the TL-S though..........Good luck.