How to program the garage opener

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2002, 11:31 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How to program the garage opener

How do you program the Garage opener function in the TLS?
Old 06-09-2002, 02:31 AM
Racer

there is step-by-step info in the owner's manual. so, check it out. btw, i remember that u have to re-program your stock (original) remote once u have done the tls' one.
Old 06-10-2002, 06:20 PM
Drifting

You first have to clear the memory by pressing the first and last button at the same time until it blinks sporadically i think. Then if your garage opener isn't a rolling code...then all you would have to do is get the remote and press the remote and the button you wish to program in at the same time until the LED starts to slowly blink. If it is a rolling code, you have to do that, then press and hold the button on the car again and go to the garage opener and press the train button ONE time and release.
Old 06-11-2002, 11:24 AM
Instructor

If it is a rolling code, you have to do that, then press and hold the button on the car again and go to the garage opener and press the train button ONE time and release.

What is the train button? I guess you need two people to perform this then, since one person has to hold the car remote button while someone walks up and presses the "train" button on the garage door?
Old 06-11-2002, 11:33 AM
Drifting

Originally posted by Frogger
If it is a rolling code, you have to do that, then press and hold the button on the car again and go to the garage opener and press the train button ONE time and release.

What is the train button? I guess you need two people to perform this then, since one person has to hold the car remote button while someone walks up and presses the "train" button on the garage door?
Yes you will need two people to perform the task. The train button is a small button located somewhere on your garage opener that essentially "trains" a remote. By pressing the train button on the opener, you are sending the code to the transmitter.
Old 06-11-2002, 11:39 AM
Instructor

I don't recall seeing a train button on the garage door pad, but maybe i'll just punch in the code or something to see if that works. Anyways I know I'm not the originator of the question but thanks.
Old 06-11-2002, 01:30 PM
Advanced

check out this link:

http://www.homelink.com/home/home.tml

the homelink system manufactured by Johnson Control is an option (or standard) in just about every car out there today. it's the same system and the programming instructions are the same no matter what vehicle you have.

sometimes the "train" button for your garage door is not readily visible. i had to take the front cover off of the unit (the console on the ceiling that actually pulls the door up). and even then, i had to call the installer and ask where it was. it was this stupid @$$ unmarked button tucked away. but luckily it had a 30 second delay feature that allowed me to tap it and then scoot down the ladder back to the car to finish the programming myself.
Old 06-11-2002, 05:50 PM
Drifting

Originally posted by VeeDubDude
check out this link:

http://www.homelink.com/home/home.tml

the homelink system manufactured by Johnson Control is an option (or standard) in just about every car out there today. it's the same system and the programming instructions are the same no matter what vehicle you have.

sometimes the "train" button for your garage door is not readily visible. i had to take the front cover off of the unit (the console on the ceiling that actually pulls the door up). and even then, i had to call the installer and ask where it was. it was this stupid @$$ unmarked button tucked away. but luckily it had a 30 second delay feature that allowed me to tap it and then scoot down the ladder back to the car to finish the programming myself.
Old 06-12-2002, 12:35 AM
Advanced

Genie

I had to take the cover off my Genie garage door opener in order to press the train button. The train button was not marked, but fortunately I kept the owners manual and it mentioned where it was. I did the entire programming in about 10 mintues. Follow the owner's manual, it makes the whole process painless.
Old 06-12-2002, 02:19 AM
Burning Brakes

liftmaster screwdrive

Originally posted by GO-typeS
there is step-by-step info in the owner's manual. so, check it out. btw, i remember that u have to re-program your stock (original) remote once u have done the tls' one.
i managed on my own, without a ladder..!!!
just used a broom handle to press the learn button on the back of the opener.

and i didnt have to reprogram the original remote once i was done.

btw, rolling code on mine and the garage door opener had nice red button that was labeled...