How much do you pay for full coverage?

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2009, 03:13 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Have a low deductible only makes sense if
1. You cannot afford to partly self insure
2. You drive like a stupid child and cause accidents

Here in California the at fault party pays for all costs, so you never touch your deductible.

Saving $20/month is real, just like the difference between 4/gal and 2/gal gas. The savings are there you just might spend it instead of save it.

Rockstar21 - clearly in your 5 years of driving you understand all there is about insurance, savings and the benefits to lowering costs. Please act like an adult. In 6-10 months we'll be buying an S2000 with all the money saved from lower insurance, cheaper gas and the savings of doing big car repairs myself. I will buy it in cash and remain debt free.

Last edited by rob-2; 04-28-2009 at 03:17 PM.
Old 04-28-2009, 03:17 PM
The Dumb One

Received 373 Likes on 249 Posts
savings are real... but when your talking about saving money to the T like that.. most people arent going to chop it out of things like insurance... they will more likely NOT buy this and that.. or not go here and there as much...

savings are real.. and savings are great... but i dont pay a little extra, so that i can pay a little less if i wreck... i pay the minimum my insurance allows me to have tons of perks like windshield free repair, free roadside assistance, theft coverage.. i start paying 60 bucks a month.. i got jack shyt on my policy... saving small now is nothing compared to saving Tons all at once when you need it the most.. but to each there own..

i'd rather be out of 40 bucks every month then to be a couple thousand on any given sunday when the tables arent turning my way...
Old 04-28-2009, 03:31 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Rockstar21
savings are real... but when your talking about saving money to the T like that.. most people arent going to chop it out of things like insurance... they will more likely NOT buy this and that.. or not go here and there as much...

savings are real.. and savings are great... but i dont pay a little extra, so that i can pay a little less if i wreck... i pay the minimum my insurance allows me to have tons of perks like windshield free repair, free roadside assistance, theft coverage.. i start paying 60 bucks a month.. i got jack shyt on my policy... saving small now is nothing compared to saving Tons all at once when you need it the most.. but to each there own..

i'd rather be out of 40 bucks every month then to be a couple thousand on any given sunday when the tables arent turning my way...
You're making a classic mistake, assuming you'll use your insurance. It's a classic, people buy on the 'fear' of "What if x happens to me?'. That's how insurance is sold and that's what you've bought into.

You'll learn, later in life, that even when you buy 'good insurance' that most companies are about the same. They want to pay as little as possible and that 20-30% extra you paid over the last 10 years amount to someones profits. You wont see a dime of it. Trust me, insurance companies don't operate that way.

You're better to have cash then insurance when ANYTHING happens. If you have enough cash not to require insurance to help then you're much better off.

Right now all your trust is in the company set out to pay out as little as possible. Your interests and their interests are not inline.

All the best to your twisted view of insurance. Having dealt with them on several occasions over there years I'll tell you they're all about the same. They run the numbers and pay out the minimum. Sometimes you get lucky and have a decent adjuster and other times you don't.

Cheers

PS - I bet there are a bunch of flood victims out in your neck of the woods still waiting for their insurance companies to pay out on the policies they had covering flood insurance. Was just reading the other day about a man who had flood insurance and is still waiting for his insurance to pay out. So far he's had to fork out $10K just to keep his place in a livable condition.
Old 04-28-2009, 03:51 PM
The Dumb One

we can agree to disagree.. because from i've gathered from you.. is that good insurance is useless... which is twisted and kinna BS to me.

i've had a family member setting up my policies since i started driving and i can assure you my interest and hers are "alligned" the same.

i payed 175 a month when i was a teenager for my first insurance note... some guy thought it would be fun to test if they could squeeze in traffic in front of me while going 55.. i smashed the rear of his car... totaled mine.. and had paid a total of about 700 in all since i started driving.... and got 5500 for my car.. and this was from MY insurance company b/c legally the wreck was my fault b/c i rear ended the guy... i was extatic, and my rates never went up... well worth it to me, reguardless of anothers opinions...

and about Louisiana and its hurricane victims... You out of anyone on this website should know better to stay away from the news media on whats going down.. there are always other angles to the story...

95% of people in N.O. didnt have flood insurance and thought they should get it paid for anyway... the other 5% either got their money or had extinuating circumstances such as "coverage up to" or "coverage for a percentage of damage".

at best, as an LA resident.. i can say those storms in the last few years "strained out" the worst part of our state.. so to speak...

sorry for some of the :offtopic: stuff
Old 04-30-2009, 03:41 PM
12volt Technician

i pay $3700 a year through a modified insurance company (because the last time i pulled up at the ins. office they saw my doors and said it was too modified for them to insure it.) and my TL is appraised for $25,000. I have everything insured from my screens to the door kit right down to my battery terminals for my custom stereo. The blue book on the car is a measly 6,000 or so, but i've been working on it for 2 years and have put about $20,000 into it with my labor. I used to pay $2200 before. I have 1 ticket on my record for 113km/h in an 80km/h.
Old 04-30-2009, 03:50 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Audiovibe-Mike
i pay $3700 a year through a modified insurance company (because the last time i pulled up at the ins. office they saw my doors and said it was too modified for them to insure it.) and my TL is appraised for $25,000. I have everything insured from my screens to the door kit right down to my battery terminals for my custom stereo. The blue book on the car is a measly 6,000 or so, but i've been working on it for 2 years and have put about $20,000 into it with my labor. I used to pay $2200 before. I have 1 ticket on my record for 113km/h in an 80km/h.
That's crazy insurance, talk about bending over.
Old 04-30-2009, 03:52 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Rockstar21
we can agree to disagree.. because from i've gathered from you.. is that good insurance is useless... which is twisted and kinna BS to me.

i've had a family member setting up my policies since i started driving and i can assure you my interest and hers are "alligned" the same.

i payed 175 a month when i was a teenager for my first insurance note... some guy thought it would be fun to test if they could squeeze in traffic in front of me while going 55.. i smashed the rear of his car... totaled mine.. and had paid a total of about 700 in all since i started driving.... and got 5500 for my car.. and this was from MY insurance company b/c legally the wreck was my fault b/c i rear ended the guy... i was extatic, and my rates never went up... well worth it to me, reguardless of anothers opinions...

and about Louisiana and its hurricane victims... You out of anyone on this website should know better to stay away from the news media on whats going down.. there are always other angles to the story...

95% of people in N.O. didnt have flood insurance and thought they should get it paid for anyway... the other 5% either got their money or had extinuating circumstances such as "coverage up to" or "coverage for a percentage of damage".

at best, as an LA resident.. i can say those storms in the last few years "strained out" the worst part of our state.. so to speak...

sorry for some of the :offtopic: stuff
I guess we will. I'm pretty sure the article was in the wallstreet journal. Not sure if you consider that left or right. Either way the story seemed balanced. Also covered some of the money that never made it. I forget the title and cannot even find it. I'm sure there are dozens like it.

But yes, I do think insurance is a must have, wish to never use product. I carry it in case 1. I do something stupid and have an 'accident', 2. Someone without insurance hits me. Otherwise operating within the law means I'll never have to use mine.

FYI most Americans are over insured. Think about it.
Old 04-30-2009, 04:10 PM
The Dumb One

agreed.. i was shocked to hear guys here pay 350-ish for the TL...
Old 05-01-2009, 01:51 PM
'03 TL-S NaV SSM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank you for making this thread. From 30mins ago when I stumbled upon this thread, I just switched from Geico over to Ameriprise.

Went from $144/month to $118/month with all same coverage.
Old 05-01-2009, 02:03 PM
'03 TL-S NaV SSM

Although, FWIW... I have to admit that Geico's customer service is something I'll miss.

You never wait on the phone, or press buttons to get to them. So damn polite right down to the "thank you for allowing us to serve you, good bye"...

Yeah, I'll miss that.
Old 05-01-2009, 02:04 PM
The Dumb One

Originally Posted by Blaze.45
Thank you for making this thread. From 30mins ago when I stumbled upon this thread, I just switched from Geico over to Ameriprise.

Went from $144/month to $118/month with all same coverage.
thats great man!

congratulations..
Old 05-01-2009, 02:05 PM
6MT Someday..

good deal! every little bit helps..