How do I install flat wire to my fusebox for radar detector?

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2005, 04:47 PM
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Question How do I install flat wire to my fusebox for radar detector?

I bought a flat wire and wondered if I could do this without ripping apart my dash or how I go about routing the wire from my fuse to the bottom of the windshield...

It's a bel 989 or something so the wire is thick and the end is like a phone line ending.
Old 05-02-2005, 08:47 PM
ഥഎണഡഏ Fellas Inc.

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Doc Holliday
I bought a flat wire and wondered if I could do this without ripping apart my dash or how I go about routing the wire from my fuse to the bottom of the windshield...

It's a bel 989 or something so the wire is thick and the end is like a phone line ending.
Use a one inch putty knife (flexes) to push it into the crevices. I did this with my GPS antenna then later on routed it properly when I had more time.

Good luck
Old 05-04-2005, 12:09 AM
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Question

Originally Posted by Malayalee King
Use a one inch putty knife (flexes) to push it into the crevices. I did this with my GPS antenna then later on routed it properly when I had more time.

Good luck

What?? If I shove it down there how will I get it to where it needs to go lol...

I was wondering if there was a slick way to do it without taking the dash apart. Like should I start from the side or just jam it down under the windshield and see if I can find it later lol...?
Old 05-04-2005, 08:39 AM
ഥഎണഡഏ Fellas Inc.

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Lay it out to where it needs to go -- over the crevices -- and make sure u accomodate for any slack you may need when running wire to the actual device or if you decide to move something later. Then start pushing it into the crevices. From the fuse box, you may need to take the rubber trim out between the door jam and the sill to get it started. Once you get over that hump, it should be smooth sailing with the putty knife. If you have an end exposed, you can use that to pull the wire back up if needed.

I'm assuming that you will have one end of the wire exposed right up through the middle of front of the dash to connect to the radar detector right?

Hope this helps and good luck!

( I took am hardwiring my radar detector but I don't want any wires showing anywhere )