Honda Finance Messed Me Up!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2002, 11:50 AM
Advocatus Diaboli

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Honda Finance Messed Me Up!!!

Just got my fourth letter of the week from Honda Finance. They claim that I never paid my bill last month and they were coming after me, with a vengeance. The twist, however, is that I know I paid. I'm the type that pays a bill that minute I see it, since I have so much going on in my life that if I don' do it right then, it never gets done, and I despise finance charges.

So I went over to the bank, got a copy of my cashed check and looked at the back of it--- some lucky sod, whose finance number is one away from mine, got his bill paid by yours truly!

I'll let you know what happens...
Old 01-29-2002, 12:25 PM
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What a pain in the ass. Hey man, thats the banks fault. Cant blame you for that, they have to take care of it, even though you are the one that gets the headache. Make sure that you are compensated for this somehow. Dont let it just go.
Old 01-29-2002, 01:01 PM
Three Wheelin'

Boy..that just plain sucks!! You got Hertz giving you headaches and now Honda Finance. They better clear all this sh1t up for you ASAP without any blemishes on your credit report.

Good luck.
Old 01-29-2002, 03:54 PM
Advocatus Diaboli

Thanks for the support. Do you know of anyone else that this
sh!t happened to? I tried getting the Honda Finance people to waive a month's payment but no dice. He gave me a hard enough time getting compensated for the copies of the check I made to send him! I'm not done with them yet. I think a nasty letter may turn some keys and open some doors.
Old 01-29-2002, 04:41 PM
Drifting

Received 117 Likes on 99 Posts
I have mine come automatically out of my account every month from Honda finance. Perhaps you should do this to prevent this stupidity from happening.
Old 01-29-2002, 07:29 PM
Advocatus Diaboli

Not a bad idea. Thanks!
Old 01-29-2002, 11:58 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally posted by BLEXV6
I have mine come automatically out of my account every month from Honda finance. Perhaps you should do this to prevent this stupidity from happening.
Yeah I do this and it's very convinient....
Old 01-30-2002, 03:49 PM
6th Gear

Laurelcrest

The same thing happened to me and when I faxed copies of the front and back of my check to the guy he straightened everything out. Like you my payment got credited to some other person's account. Any late charges that were put on my account were taken off. Hope everything works out for you like it did for me.
Old 01-30-2002, 04:43 PM
Advocatus Diaboli

Originally posted by Viggen
Laurelcrest

The same thing happened to me and when I faxed copies of the front and back of my check to the guy he straightened everything out. Like you my payment got credited to some other person's account. Any late charges that were put on my account were taken off. Hope everything works out for you like it did for me.
Viggen, did you try to get any additional compensation for your inconvenience?
Old 01-30-2002, 04:59 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally posted by Laurelcrest
sh!t happened to? I tried getting the Honda Finance people to waive a month's payment but no dice. He gave me a hard enough time getting compensated for the copies of the check I made to send him! I'm not done with them yet. I think a nasty letter may turn some keys and open some doors.
I've never had a problem with American Honda Finanace..... To the point that I exclusively use them for my auto financing needs. The only thing I don't like about their leasing program is that when it becomes buyoff time at the end of the lease, if you want to keep the vehicle there is NO negotiating with them on the price, whereas most banks will negotiate, sometimes you can get that figure reduced by $4k or $5k! But the good thing is that every lease they've paid the security deposit for me, AND gave me my old one back (that they paid for to begin with), and even when I leased the TL they gave me another $1k for being a loyal customer (they stopped doing that in October of '98). Honda has been really good to me so I'm guessing this was a very isolated incident. And based upon previous dealings I'd say if anyone is going to do something to make it better, they'd do it.
Old 01-30-2002, 06:07 PM
Drifting

A nasty letter and some phone calls to upper management should do the trick.
Old 01-30-2002, 09:14 PM
6th Gear

Viggen, did you try to get any additional compensation for your inconvenience?
No I never tried, I was more concerned that it would show up on my credit report and did not want to piss the guy at AHFC off, after all he would have the final say. Clearing bogus stuff of your credit report is a bigger pain in the but. He was really quite helpfull though and very understanding.

How is it going with them? Any news?