HID'S behind bars

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2002, 03:29 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HID'S behind bars

I was riding along down the fine streets of brooklyn today as I pulled up to a silver TL must of been 99-2001 and I notice bars on them one bar ran between the turn signal and actuall low beem lamp itself and ran along the out edges of the light housing. It was painted silver and looked kinda dope. Anyone ever see these before ?? I figure it wasnt anyone on the page cause the guy driving it was about as old as time itself.
Old 05-12-2002, 04:50 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: HID'S behind bars

Originally posted by Diesel_Blue_TL
I was riding along down the fine streets of brooklyn today as I pulled up to a silver TL must of been 99-2001 and I notice bars on them one bar ran between the turn signal and actuall low beem lamp itself and ran along the out edges of the light housing. It was painted silver and looked kinda dope. Anyone ever see these before ?? I figure it wasnt anyone on the page cause the guy driving it was about as old as time itself.
He prob just cleared the headlights. Without the orange reflectors it exposes the silver trim of the headlight assembly.
Old 05-12-2002, 05:01 PM
Burning Brakes

Almost sounds custom, but a great idea if it looks cool and can offer some protection against HID theft...good looking out Diesel_Blue_TL...hopefully someone here can explain what you saw.
Old 05-12-2002, 07:50 PM
Three Wheelin'

I know a very good shop on Avenue Y and East 17 that does these things....if anyone in the area wants to do it, go to them.
Old 05-12-2002, 11:34 PM
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking

Thanks for the input... I'm gonna check out that place on Ave Y and E 17th... I'm getting tired of watching out for those punks trying to steal my HID'S. Too bad no luck for them, Thanks to my alarm.
Old 05-13-2002, 12:03 PM
Three Wheelin'

(To be more exact)

Its not exactly on a corner, but its like 2 buildings north of E17 (going towards the "One-Way" direction) It should have a big sign (yellow?) and a huge garage.

Russian guys own it and they can get the job done, and they don't abuse your car like everyother shop does. Its a very good place to get alarms and other security features done to your car.
Old 05-13-2002, 03:42 PM
Advanced

Hey, I didn't realize we had some Tl'ers from BKLYN. I lived in Sunset Park till 91 when I moved to Orlando. Still have family there and always go back to visit.
Old 05-13-2002, 06:10 PM
Three Wheelin'

I lived in BK for 6 years then moved to SI. I'm there whenever I have the chance. If anyone needs something then ask me, chances are I know where it is.
Old 05-13-2002, 11:25 PM
Racer

Originally posted by Alexxx
I lived in BK for 6 years then moved to SI. I'm there whenever I have the chance. If anyone needs something then ask me, chances are I know where it is.
alexx, do you think moblie universe on coney island ave. would clear headlights?
Old 05-13-2002, 11:30 PM
Pro

Originally posted by johnnyb_s
Almost sounds custom, but a great idea if it looks cool and can offer some protection against HID theft...good looking out Diesel_Blue_TL...hopefully someone here can explain what you saw.
the thieves want the ballast and bulb, not the housing. I don't see why they would want the housing unless they were going to mold it onto their civic which would cost more than they could afford most of the time.
Old 05-15-2002, 09:43 AM
Three Wheelin'

Originally posted by Avirex34

alexx, do you think moblie universe on coney island ave. would clear headlights?
I'll check it out for you. There are plenty shops that can do it. I will find out for you so stay tuned.
Old 05-15-2002, 09:50 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally posted by Rice1304
the thieves want the ballast and bulb, not the housing. I don't see why they would want the housing unless they were going to mold it onto their civic which would cost more than they could afford most of the time.
To get the ballast and bulb, you have to remove the housing. Also, when you are trying to steal something, you don't want to spend more time doing it then you have to. When they see the bar and notice that it is going to require even more work and time to get the lights, they will pass for an easier target.
Old 05-15-2002, 03:04 PM
Pro

Originally posted by johnnyb_s

To get the ballast and bulb, you have to remove the housing. Also, when you are trying to steal something, you don't want to spend more time doing it then you have to. When they see the bar and notice that it is going to require even more work and time to get the lights, they will pass for an easier target.
what are you talking about??!?!?!? the "BAR" was always there, even on stock headlights. The guy just painted it to make it noticeable in this case. Have you even been reading the previous posts?!?!
Old 05-16-2002, 06:33 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally posted by Rice1304
what are you talking about??!?!?!? the "BAR" was always there, even on stock headlights. The guy just painted it to make it noticeable in this case. Have you even been reading the previous posts?!?!
Um...first post in this thread:

Originally posted by Diesel_Blue_TL
So to answer your question, yes, I have been reading the previous posts. In addition, nobody has refuted what Diesel_Blue_TL said about the bars...just one person stating that the headlights were cleared out...I've cleared out 2 sets of TL lights and didn't notice "bars" being there. Also, when you clear out your lights, the color is chrome, not silver. Next, why would some "old as time" guy clear out his lights? It's not my fault that I just have a different perception of Diesel_Blue_TL's description of the "bars". In fact, if what I thought was done to that car was actually done, it would deter would be headlight thieves. But hey, so much for creativity...