Help with Navi..GPS dose not work!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2005, 11:12 PM
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help with Navi..GPS dose not work!!!

Hey wasup guys....i removed my Navi DVD, so i can tap into the wires and connect the RGB unit that Dom sold to me...Welll, when i was pulling it out...i forgot to unpluge the GPS wire,,,so it stripped from the clip....i was like shyt...so when i had everything done...i extend the wire with another wire and hooked it back up into the clip so i can plug it back into the DVD...when i did all that...this screen come up saying that i have to wait up to 10 mins so the car can find the GPS signal....after 10 mins...another screen comes up and it says that i have no signal...that i should disconect the battery for 30 mins then try agian... i did that...and still no luck....

do u guys think i might of stripped the wire from within its cover.

Or is the wire some special kind of wire...Like how our TV cable wires are...thing on the outsite and a thing in the middle?...

please need some help ASAP

thanks in Advance
Old 05-14-2005, 12:27 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by DholiTL
Hey wasup guys....i removed my Navi DVD, so i can tap into the wires and connect the RGB unit that Dom sold to me...Welll, when i was pulling it out...i forgot to unpluge the GPS wire,,,so it stripped from the clip....i was like shyt...so when i had everything done...i extend the wire with another wire and hooked it back up into the clip so i can plug it back into the DVD...when i did all that...this screen come up saying that i have to wait up to 10 mins so the car can find the GPS signal....after 10 mins...another screen comes up and it says that i have no signal...that i should disconect the battery for 30 mins then try agian... i did that...and still no luck....

do u guys think i might of stripped the wire from within its cover.

Or is the wire some special kind of wire...Like how our TV cable wires are...thing on the outsite and a thing in the middle?...

please need some help ASAP

thanks in Advance
That doesn't sound good at all. I would think you definately messed up the wire.
Old 05-14-2005, 01:20 AM
8th Gear

so u think i should go ahead and order a new antenna?>....the wire isnt sold seperate..its part of the GPS antenna...its like 98 bucks from acuraoemparts.com
Old 05-14-2005, 02:20 AM
Boomer SOONER

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
so u think i should go ahead and order a new antenna?>....the wire isnt sold seperate..its part of the GPS antenna...its like 98 bucks from acuraoemparts.com
i did the same exact thing...I just took the wire and antenna part to a TV repair shop and he said he could fix it easy - and he did for $20. Just try that, those shops can do all sorts of stuff like that.
Old 05-14-2005, 03:48 AM
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Just because I did this....You didn't have the trunk still open when you were doing this did you? When open, the trunk blocks the GPS antenna.
Old 05-14-2005, 09:22 AM
8th Gear

naa the trunk was still closed...how do i take out the gps antenna so i can take it to a TV repair shop?...do i need to take out that back seat cover?...i tried to see if i can take it out....couldnt seem to do it...
Old 05-14-2005, 10:45 AM
Boomer SOONER

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
naa the trunk was still closed...how do i take out the gps antenna so i can take it to a TV repair shop?...do i need to take out that back seat cover?...i tried to see if i can take it out....couldnt seem to do it...
you need to take off that rear deck cover - the driver side one. It is easy, but you need to take off the back seat (top part) then the sub cover part (with the light) and you will be able to remove the deck cover and it will be right there.
Old 05-14-2005, 10:58 AM
8th Gear

Originally Posted by ou sig
you need to take off that rear deck cover - the driver side one. It is easy, but you need to take off the back seat (top part) then the sub cover part (with the light) and you will be able to remove the deck cover and it will be right there.
do you guys have any instructions on how to do it?...i first take off the back seat rite?...how do i get to that...i was trying the other day...couldnt quite figure it out....some step by step procedures can help me out

thanks for the replys
Old 05-14-2005, 09:02 PM
I pimp an Audi A4.

its easy i did it foo if u need help let me know