Help Installing AEM CAI

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2006, 08:52 PM
Ganji, Want some?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help Installing AEM CAI

Hey all, I need alittle help installing my cai... i've gotten everything done, however there is one little problem. on the intake there are Two Spouts i'll call them that stick out... One on the top and the other on the bottom by the throttle body... The one on the top is fine cause I put the rubber hose back on that... But on the bottom I dont know what I'm supposed to do because the Metal hose will not stretch (obvisouly) and I dont know what I AM supposed to do .... I know that I drove my car today and I smelled something funny... Coolant.......... I dont even know if the tube from the engine is pushing coolant UP or if the air from the CAI is pushing it DOWN.... I'm not sure... I had no idea how to do this but figure I'll give it a try and learn that way.... Can anyone help me and does anyone know what I'm talking about...

Sorry for the horrible explained question but I'm stuck............
Old 05-01-2006, 09:13 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,080 Likes on 661 Posts
Didn't the CAI come with instructions?

There should be two vacuum hoses that connect to the CAI. Have you connected them both?
Old 05-01-2006, 09:17 PM
02 WDP type-S Navi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
the one with the metal end is for air it connect right next to the oil cap, so you must have two hoses a long one for the coolant and a shorter one for the air....if you don't have that you'll prolly hafta go out n buy one...after u get those hoses you take off the bottom portion of the valve cover where the oil cap part is, unclip that hose and put in the hose you bought. Then unplug that other hose that is connected to that metal pipe rail it connects behind the intake and the other end connects right under the throttle body area by what looks like a thermostat cover. Then you can take out that metal rail thing n everything will fit perfectly. that part that you take out would look like this
Old 05-02-2006, 12:22 AM
05 Acura TL: a-spec

Received 17 Likes on 5 Posts
im not sure if its the same with the CAI compared to the V2, but on mine I think I had one vacuum hose and capped the other one? i cant remember. You should use the instructions.
Old 05-02-2006, 08:09 AM
Ganji, Want some?

Originally Posted by CaliChris517
im not sure if its the same with the CAI compared to the V2, but on mine I think I had one vacuum hose and capped the other one? i cant remember. You should use the instructions.
'

The picture on that second post Did NOT come with it.. I bought it from someone off this forum at the Ross Dock meet.. I dont have instructions, nor do I have that TUBE.......... where can i buy the tube just how it looks in that picture?
Old 05-02-2006, 09:14 AM
Banned

Dude.... I ran into the same problem.. here's what happens.. alright, so you have your large tube and the small tube that you're talkign about to be connected to the CAI.. there's one more extra tube that comes from the OEM tubing that's below one the one coming from the engine bay... it's right below one of those that goes to the CAI... that's probably the one you're talking about... That's the little extra tube that goes to the old air intake manifold and then back to the engine again... just take a small piece of your old tubing, and make the loop from that extra hose back to the throttle body again.. the part you connect it to is right under the opening of the throttle body. Use two of your old couplings to keep the hose in place. here.. it's not the best picture in the world, but I might as well do a quicky in paint to show you what i'm talking about.. hopefully this helps with the problem you're trying to describe.

Here's a diagram.

Hope that helps. I've had my CAI for a week now.. definitely worth wonders and it's working just fine. If I didn't leave my car in NY because of the tranny death, I would've taken pictures for you.... so until next time... Let me know how you make out with the project.
Old 05-02-2006, 09:21 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 3,063 Likes on 2,119 Posts
https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=136058
Old 05-02-2006, 09:43 AM
Tristate ViP Crew

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by VITEK
'

The picture on that second post Did NOT come with it.. I bought it from someone off this forum at the Ross Dock meet.. I dont have instructions, nor do I have that TUBE.......... where can i buy the tube just how it looks in that picture?
Kenny I got the instructions at home, give me your fax number and I'll fax it to you tomorrow if you like. I thought your car was in the shop getting fixed? I would like to help but I don't recall which hose went where when we did mine.
Old 05-02-2006, 10:23 AM
Ganji, Want some?

Originally Posted by CL Platano
Kenny I got the instructions at home, give me your fax number and I'll fax it to you tomorrow if you like. I thought your car was in the shop getting fixed? I would like to help but I don't recall which hose went where when we did mine.

Thanks, You can fax it to my job here.... NO, my car is still at home... I didnt know if I had to wait for liberty mutual to send me the check then i get the work done or what..... so I left the car at home and i'm waiting for them to SHOW ME THE MONEY!!!!!