Header install

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2001, 06:55 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Header install

Yo, I don't know if my headers were installed right or it just doesn't meet my expectations.

Recently, I put on my Type S rims and then installed my headers. I just don't see much of a power difference with the headers. My girlfriend says she does, but a lot of times she says things like that just to make me feel better about my investment.

What I want to know is if other people felt the same way that I do. I got them installed at David McDavid Acura here in Austin, and they only charged me 148 plus 16 for new gaskets. I am hoping that it's just the breaking in that I have to wait for, but I doubt it though.

------------------
2000 Satin Silver TL
* AEM SRI (blue)
* Denso Iridium Plugs
* Comptech Headers
* Comptech Springs
* Factory Bodykit
* Type S rims
* Inspire Tails
* Burlwood knob
* Tint
Old 05-11-2001, 07:26 PM
j83
Pro

Lightbulb

im not sure if your supposed to do this but try resetting comp, pull battery negative, wont hurt,hope this helps
Old 05-11-2001, 08:18 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally posted by j83:
im not sure if your supposed to do this but try resetting comp, pull battery negative, wont hurt,hope this helps

Yeah, give that a try. Leave it disconnected for like 15 minutes and then reconnect it.

------------------
'00 White Diamond Perl w/Nav
WW Spoiler, Comptech Exaust, Rear Comptech Sway bar, H&R OE Sport Springs, AEM CAI, Inspire Tails, Inspire Interior footwell lighting
Old 05-11-2001, 08:43 PM
Drifting

I noticed very little difference also after I/H/E install. I'm pretty sure my ECU needs to be reset to notice the difference also.

At my 15K service I'll be having my new plugs installed and I'll DEFINITELY be resetting the ECU after that. I should REALLY feel a difference after that.

Can't wait!!!

------------------
<A HREF="http://www.adamoski.com/acura.html" TARGET=_blank> </A>
Old 05-11-2001, 10:40 PM
Instructor

Don't forget in the Comptech dynos on their site, the headers don't give those extra 18 hp and 14 lb-ft torque until around 6000 rpm.

------------------
Old 05-11-2001, 11:54 PM
Pro

she better'd not say that to make u feel better about "other things" too.
Old 05-12-2001, 02:35 AM
Three Wheelin'

Originally posted by DragonTL:

My girlfriend says she does, but a lot of times she says things like that just to make me feel better about my investment.

thats annoying eh?

------------------
Follow as i ride
99 Satin Silver
oem kit
ctech exhaust
ctech sways
aem intake
system
Old 05-12-2001, 08:08 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I drove the Type-S thinking there would be a mind boggling difference & there wasn't. Your car is improved but it is minor difference, not like throwing a supercharger on it. As others said reset your ECU & see if that helps.

------------------
2000 TL - Laguna Green, Navi, Rear Spoiler. PIAA Hyperwhite HB's. 17" CL-S wheels with Bridgestone RE 730 - 225/45/17's. Soon to have Comptech Suspension, Sways & Axle back Exhaust.
Old 05-12-2001, 10:30 AM
Three Wheelin'

and again..just reset the ecu.
Old 05-12-2001, 04:11 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 48 Likes on 33 Posts
Yo, I don't know if my headers were installed right or it just doesn't meet my expectations.

Recently, I put on my Type S rims and then installed my headers. I just don't see much of a power difference with the headers. My girlfriend says she does, but a lot of times she says things like that just to make me feel better about my investment.

What I want to know is if other people felt the same way that I do. I got them installed at David McDavid Acura here in Austin, and they only charged me 148 plus 16 for new gaskets. I am hoping that it's just the breaking in that I have to wait for, but I doubt it though.

...remeber the type-S has high flow exhaust too prolly really contributes to there performance and BTW i wanna sell my typeS exhaust to offset the cost of the comps no gains i just like the sound and looks better LMK my email is no jokes my wifes doveyA@msn.com

Old 05-13-2001, 09:03 PM
Racer

Yea, I did exactly that, reset my ECU. Boy, I really don't notice a huge difference, which I thought I was going too, especially since I invested all that money. Anyhow, I raced my friends prelude, and did i smoke him bad or what.

I'm taking the car to the track this wednesday, so I will post results afterwards.

VDo, if you happen to see this, are you interested in goign to the track?

Anyone else around the Central Texas area want to go to the test and tune day at RiverCity Raceway near San Antonio, this Wednesday?

------------------
2000 Satin Silver TL
* AEM SRI (blue)
* Denso Iridium Plugs
* Comptech Headers
* Comptech Springs
* Factory Bodykit
* Type S rims
* Inspire Tails
* Burlwood knob
* Tint
Old 05-13-2001, 09:39 PM
Instructor

Those Type S rims are pretty heavy (not to mention also larger in diameter), it may have slowed your car down some. Maybe you could put your stocks back on and see how that feels.
Old 05-13-2001, 10:41 PM
VDo
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm taking the car to the track this wednesday, so I will post results afterwards.

VDo, if you happen to see this, are you interested in goign to the track?

Anyone else around the Central Texas area want to go to the test and tune day at RiverCity Raceway near San Antonio, this Wednesday?

Hell yeah man. Let's do it. What time you leavin'? I'll be available after 5:30p. Let me know what time and where to meet you Wed.

------------------
Vincent

'00 WDP TL
K&N filter, Flowmaster mufflers, Neuspeed springs, 18" SSR GPO Evolution 3-piece wheels, WW spoiler, PIAA 1200 fogs w/OEM switch, Inspire taillights, M3-style mirrors, Custom grill and headlights
Old 05-14-2001, 01:35 AM
Racer

VDo, well I am not sure what time we will be leaving, but we will wait for you if you really want to go. I went to the track this past Saturday to run our cars, but it was raining, so we couldn't run.

I don't know if you got my message the other day that I left on your voicemail, but I will call you back on your cell later to confirm everything.

------------------
2000 Satin Silver TL
* AEM SRI (blue)
* Denso Iridium Plugs
* Comptech Headers
* Comptech Springs
* Factory Bodykit
* Type S rims
* Inspire Tails
* Burlwood knob
* Tint
Old 05-14-2001, 02:57 PM
VDo
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
VDo, well I am not sure what time we will be leaving, but we will wait for you if you really want to go. I went to the track this past Saturday to run our cars, but it was raining, so we couldn't run.

I don't know if you got my message the other day that I left on your voicemail, but I will call you back on your cell later to confirm everything.
What time were you guys planning to go? Don't they start at 6pm or so? I don't think I ever got a voicemail from you, are you sure you got my cell# correct? It's 350-7500. Just call me when you guys head off and I can meet you somewhere.

------------------
Vincent

'00 WDP TL
K&N filter, Flowmaster mufflers, Neuspeed springs, 18" SSR GPO Evolution 3-piece wheels, WW spoiler, PIAA 1200 fogs w/OEM switch, Inspire taillights, M3-style mirrors, Custom grill and headlights
Old 05-14-2001, 03:01 PM
Racer

Originally posted by VDo:
What time were you guys planning to go? Don't they start at 6pm or so? I don't think I ever got a voicemail from you, are you sure you got my cell# correct? It's 350-7500. Just call me when you guys head off and I can meet you somewhere.
Yea, I did call the right number. I think it is Sprint that is the cause of the problem. Anyhow, I will definitely call you. Try to get some other people to go, that way we have a bigger crew.

If you need to contact me, call me at 626-9378. That is my cell.

------------------
2000 Satin Silver TL
* AEM SRI (blue)
* Denso Iridium Plugs
* Comptech Headers
* Comptech Springs
* Factory Bodykit
* Type S rims
* Inspire Tails
* Burlwood knob
* Tint
Old 05-14-2001, 11:34 PM
AC
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Rice1304:
she better'd not say that to make u feel better about "other things" too.

Man, you're too much! BTW, wazzuppppppp! Long time man, how you been?

Old 05-08-2007, 09:22 AM
Advanced

Exclamation

Originally Posted by DragonTL

------------------
2000 Satin Silver TL
* AEM SRI (blue)
* Denso Iridium Plugs
* Comptech Headers
* Comptech Springs
* Factory Bodykit
* Type S rims
* Inspire Tails
* Burlwood knob
* Tint

what all did the dedalership do for 148 was that parts or just install im curious im still under warranty so dealership install would be great for me.
Old 05-08-2007, 09:28 AM
Lamborghini Aventador FTW

Received 73 Likes on 52 Posts
This thread is 6 years old!
Old 05-08-2007, 11:13 AM
08 Civic SI

Received 8 Likes on 1 Post