Having problems doing the 03 conversion, Justin please help!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2005, 03:39 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 52 Likes on 36 Posts
Having problems doing the 03 conversion, Justin please help!!

I got a call from my body shop today, the guy told me to come down. Apparently the headlights do not fit into the 01 frame. They are too deep, and hit the frame, without sitting flush. Not really sure what to do, he told me he'll work on it, we're good friends so i think it should be ok, i was just wondering when anyone else did it, did they have the same problem, also one of the fender bolts doesnt line up, but the fenders are on.

So whats up with this headlight, this is a lot more of a custom conversion than i thought. There going to have the bang the radiator support in a little bit and the back of the headlight housing frame in too.

Hopefully everything works out because if not, im going to have to dish out alot more money for another 01 front end, and im still going to have to deal with the 03 front end because its already prepped.

HELPPP!!
Old 05-11-2005, 04:20 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 3,063 Likes on 2,119 Posts
shouldnt have to do any banging as far as i know. something isnt on correctly?
Old 05-11-2005, 04:59 PM
'99 Acura 3.2TL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by FiftyFive
I got a call from my body shop today, the guy told me to come down. Apparently the headlights do not fit into the 01 frame. They are too deep, and hit the frame, without sitting flush. Not really sure what to do, he told me he'll work on it, we're good friends so i think it should be ok, i was just wondering when anyone else did it, did they have the same problem, also one of the fender bolts doesnt line up, but the fenders are on.

So whats up with this headlight, this is a lot more of a custom conversion than i thought. There going to have the bang the radiator support in a little bit and the back of the headlight housing frame in too.

Hopefully everything works out because if not, im going to have to dish out alot more money for another 01 front end, and im still going to have to deal with the 03 front end because its already prepped.

HELPPP!!
I'm here

Custom brackets/washers will have to be used in order to get the headlights to fit. Factory brackets/supports may have to be slightly pushed back/bent. I remember going to the bodyshop while my car was in there and they were working on the headlights and they were telling me about that... it's not really hard to fix... a few washers and some bending will do the trick.

Also, i remember that one of the fender clip didnt line up... but it doesnt really do anything anyway.. it doesnt affect fitting in any way so...

Also i dont know if you are aware of a possible hood latch problem. My bodyshop had to cut a part of my 1999 latch and weld it on the new 2003 latch cuz otherwise it wouldnt fit. they also had to make custom brackets (L shaped) to screw down the latch at the top cuz the support is different...

Dont hesitate to PM me or even add me to your AIM or MSN list if you have other questions. my AIM screen name is QuebecTL and my msn adress is quebectl@infoteck.qc.ca

-justin
Old 05-11-2005, 06:44 PM
Moderator Alumnus

thanks, they are going to do some bending i talked to them, the hood latch seems like the next obstacle i will have to fight. I did not know you need the whole 2002 hood latch, theyre gonna give me a call and let me know whats going tomorow just as i was leaving they were bringing the hood out. And they didnt call me after so hopefully everything went ok.

There smart people, hopefully they will be able to figure it out, if not, i will tell them they are going to need the 2002 hood latch and even that will ned modifications. Thanks!!
Old 05-12-2005, 12:49 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
man.... where's the funding for this project coming from??...

i wish i had the money...
Old 05-12-2005, 02:07 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Originally Posted by whatwasthat
man.... where's the funding for this project coming from??...

i wish i had the money...
most of it from insurance
Old 06-10-2005, 12:04 PM
Moderator Alumnus

conversion is done, came out extremely good, car looks amazing, ill post the first pics i take of it hopefully tonight