Happy But Sad

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2001, 07:45 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Happy But Sad

I'm Happy BUT I'm sad ....

Why ? ....

Well got my 2002 Blue TL Nav with Rear and underbody spoiler and really, really love it. Value for money, compared with Volvo, Audi, Saab, etc, you can't beat it.

I'm sad because this is my daily driver that I use for work and I'm paying for it by lease, so no real serious mods, otherwise I'm in trouble with Honda Finance.

I didn't realise that I would enjoy this car so much.

I'll have to keep my mods concentrated on the 99 TA and 02 VTX, which isn't all bad ....

BritBoy.
Old 07-18-2001, 08:11 PM
Instructor

Unhappy hmmm...

My dealer told me they would allow for small mods.

I'm leasing a TLS -Navi DEP (picking it up on saturday). I plan to buy it out at the end of lease though.

Just as long as you keep it simple. I'm going to have some comptech anti sway bars installed -- by the dealer, no less! ( I might do it myself though). I'll probably leave it at that.
Old 07-18-2001, 10:45 PM
BlingBling INSPIRE 32V

You can buy some exhaust, rim,...........and sell those parts and put original parts back on before lease ends....
Old 07-19-2001, 09:00 AM
Intermediate

Yep, that's a good idea. Keep the mods simple and preferably something I can remove and put back to stock later.

I'll probably keep the performance mods for the TA & VTX and just do handling mods on the TL.

I just got the complete spoiler kit put on yesterday and instead on a wolf in sheeps clothing, I know have a wolf in pit bulls clothing. Meaning, it now looks a lot more aggresive, but still not like a street rice racer. Already noticed more people glancing at the car, since the kit was put on.

I'm not planning on buying the car at the end of the lease. If I want another one, I'll buy new, depending on my experience with this one. Also, when I get a lease, I often tell the dealer to load the close end value (To its limit). This way the depreciation is less and the payments are less. This is ONLY a good idea if you definitely will not purchase the car.

Just for anyones reference : 2002, TL, Type S, with Nav, Blue, Rear lid spoiler, Underbody spoiler kit, First oil change free, 36 months lease, $1,500 down, 15,000 miles per year, $457 per month. Think this is pretty average/good.
Old 07-19-2001, 09:04 AM
Banned

I got a lease too....

Although I don't think I will buy it at the end, I am still going to put on springs and wheels. Both easy enough to take off before the lease is up.

Robb
Old 07-19-2001, 10:39 AM
Instructor

I didn't mention it before but I got her (the TLS that is) with
Rear Spoiler
Moon Roof visor
Splash Guards

Sways soon...

I didn't want her to look too sheep-ish.

I here you about the end of term thing though...
Didn't want to tie up a large sum of money per month.

Getting engaded soon...

my monthly is about 390 / month with 5K down @ 39 months w/ 15k/year
Old 07-19-2001, 10:55 AM
Intermediate

I just noticed ....

When they fitted the underbody spoiler, they removed the splash guards (which I didn't pay for anyway), but they did not re-install them.

I wonder if they are not designed for the underbody kit, and if they are, would they look silly or not ?

I could contact the dealer and ask him, what the hell did you do with my splash guards !
Old 07-19-2001, 11:02 AM
Pro

Yup, the splash guard will not fit if you have the underbody kit.
Old 07-19-2001, 11:13 AM
Intermediate

Thanks,

When I bought bought the car, because I'd given the dealer a really hard negotiation, he asked did I want any other extra's. He said the front splash guards were included, but did I want to purchase a set for the rear ! < A-hole. I looked out of the window, at the car, and noticed it had a full set ! so I told him and he said, oh well, you won't be needing to buy them then ! I said NOPE :-)

Now, they kept them after fitting the underbody spoiler kit.

My whole deal included the spoilers, so they knew I would be fitting them. Can you imagine how pissed I'd be if I had actually paid for them.

I think just for a laugh I'm going to call the dealer and ask for a refund for the splash gaurds he kept
Old 07-19-2001, 12:18 PM
Pro

Re: Happy But Sad

Originally posted by BritBoyInUSA

Why ? ....

Well got my 2002 Blue TL Nav with Rear and underbody spoiler and really, really love it. Value for money, compared with Volvo, Audi, Saab, etc, you can't beat it.

I'm sad because this is my daily driver that I use for work and I'm paying for it by lease, so no real serious mods, otherwise I'm in trouble with Honda Finance.

I didn't realise that I would enjoy this car so much.

I'll have to keep my mods concentrated on the 99 TA and 02 VTX, which isn't all bad ....

BritBoy.

Hey, you can always mod the TLS, only the mods are going to be restricted to bolt-ons which can be taken out easily if any warranty work needs to be done.
Old 07-19-2001, 12:42 PM
Instructor

I suspect that most of the additional fitting didn't add much if anything, to the bottom line. So, I'm happy.
Old 07-19-2001, 12:53 PM
tea elle

Re: Happy But Sad

Originally posted by BritBoyInUSA

Why ? ....

BritBoy.
I'm picking up my TL-S tomorrow and I'm still somewhat undecided between the Blue and the Silver!!!!

I like the blue but I'm worried that I'll get tired of the color, whereas the silver is timeless and will always look fresh. I also think maybe the blue will be less desirable in a few years when I'm ready to sell or trade.

What made you choose it?
Old 07-19-2001, 01:13 PM
Intermediate

I'm a blue sort of guy ...

Check out my web site ....

Blue - VTX 1800
White with Blue Stripes - TA
Blue - TLS

etc. etc.
Old 07-19-2001, 02:02 PM
Pro

HEY TGIF!

Originally posted by tgif
Yup, the splash guard will not fit if you have the underbody kit.
I was just looking at the pics of your I30t and front looks a little different. Did you put a round headlight conversion on it?