Had my first service done....very disappointed.

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2001, 03:18 PM
MB-Fanatic w/TL-S

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs down Had my first service done....very disappointed.

Had an appointment at 10:30 AM, arrived at dealer around 10:20 AM. Here's a brief conversation...

Advisor: How may I help you today?

Me: I have an appointment at 10:30

Advisor: And your last name?

Me: Kuo

Advisor: Ok, we will perform the 6K service, and couple other things you mentioned. Anything else?

Me: Yes, I noticed the HID light vibrates a bit when I am driving over rough terrain in the night. Also, I cannot unlock the doors occasionally....and.....

Advisor: Ok..(typing)

Me: Oh, also.....(Advisor started printing the papers)...

Me(again): (Look like a stupid)....

Advisor: Can you sign here please??

Me: @#$@#.....Also, I get random rev when I am cruising in SS Mode, it feels as if I downshift, but actually I didn't...

Adivsor: I will have a tech test drive with you....

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

5 MIN LATER

Tech: I will test drive the car and will let you know what I find out.

Me: OK...(scratching my head in confusion)

20 min later, Tech came back, w/out confronting me, he went straight to the advisor...mumbling to each other with the work papers for my car, then went back into work shop.... AGAIN, w/out telling me what's going on as he promised.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

35 MIN LATER

I saw my car parked outside. Me and my brother were standing at the counter. Advisor raise his head, look down and carry on with his own business.....

Brother getting unpatient(or should I say, PI$$ed). Started playing with the stapler on the desk. Advisor came over as if nothing happened.

Advisor: Ok, Mr. Kuo, the car is ready

Brother: So, what seems to be the problem?? You never told us what happened as you promised?? What's going on here now??

Advisor: We did the oil change, check the HID, no problem there. We have to order in new Exhaust Mufflers as they are deffected. We will give you a call when the parts are in. Random Rev, we found nothing.... Tech said it's NORMAL!!!

Brother: Normal?? It's NOT normal. And we paid $47,000 CDN for a god damn car and this is the service we got?? If you were in my position, and with a car at this price and so many problems, you would be PI$$ed, too....

Advisor: Now, I understand your situation, but DO NOT QUOTE ME ON THIS ONE!! And I totally understand how your feel.

Brother: ......(Starring at him in silence).....

Advisor: ........... Hm.... I can get the tech to do a test drive with you if you want....you just need to sign here....

Brother: .............

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Again, as expected, Tech isn't much of a help. Never did they answer our questions directly. Just keep saying that everything is normal and are functional as designed.

Heck the tech even tell me that 3rd in SS Mode, fuel cut at 5500rpm is normal!!!??? @#$@#$

So far, I am very disappointed with the service I got. They seems to be avoiding problems instead of helping me finding the problems.

So far of all my problems are list below....

Squeaking Sunroof
Squeaking Seatbelt Buckles
Squeaking Driver Seat
Exhaust Pipes not level
Keyless Entry(it would not unlock the doors occassionally)
Random RPM(Idle Controller)
Loose Headlight bulb and/or assembly(the HID lights "vibrates" when going rough terrain.)
Loose Bumper Cover on the Driver Side

Exhaust is coming, and is the only problem that has be taken care of.....

Sorry for the long post... really need to let off some steam here...

Andy Kuo
Old 07-20-2001, 03:24 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hmmm....brain cells few. I can see why you might be a little torqued.
Old 07-20-2001, 05:15 PM
bh
Advanced

thats how it was with me at SC Acura with a strange rattle i get. Oh its normal. goddam lazy bastards. guy tried to get the same sound with a random CLS that was back there, but couldnt get the same sound. I wouldnt be surprised to find my car with 50 extra miles on it if I left my car there for service. Service guys probably take our cars out for lunch. Now i need to find a place that will actually bother to listen and fix the rattle.
Old 07-21-2001, 04:54 PM
Advanced

Re: Had my first service done....very disappointed.

I've got the squeeky sun roof, too. I haven't taken my car in yet for its first oil change, but when I do I want to get that looked at, a squeeky dash, and get the seat belt recall fixed all in one. Hopefully they can fix it all.
Old 07-21-2001, 05:03 PM
Safety Car

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Andy,

Sorry to hear about all the issues w/ your TL-S. I know you've been one of the first TL-S owners to post on this forum. Doesn't it absolutely suck to receive that type of treatment/personality from these people in the service dept. And the unfortunate thing is that all they are thinking is: "Let's just get this over with and get this customer outta here."

Hopefully you can locate a better Acura dealership where you may take your TL-S for service in the future. Perhaps it'll be a little further away, but worth the drive; especially if they have a loaner service.

I have the following:

Squeaking Passenger Seat
Sunroof rattle (fixed)
Molding gap (fixed)
"cracking" sound when opening passenger door
Rattle in rear of the interior
Sticky/creaking from door seals (attempted, failed fix)
Squeaky brake pedal
Occassional rattle in Dash

You're not alone, TL-S brother. Keep us posted, I'll do the same, best of luck,

Pete
Old 07-21-2001, 05:11 PM
Dr. TLS

Andy,
I was just curious as to what you mean by "Loose Bumper Cover on the Driver Side." Is this the painted plastic part that is right below the headlight? Please let me know as soon as possible as I might have a similar problem with mine. I noticed this when I was removing my nosemask today. Sorry to hear about the bad service. I am expecting Gary Force Acura in Nashville to behave in a similar manner (as they were rushing me last time I went there to schedule an appointment). Hopefully they will prove me wrong this coming Tuesday.
Old 07-21-2001, 11:54 PM
MB-Fanatic w/TL-S

vandy786,

It's the bottom most edge of the left side bumper, close to the wheel well. You can actually pull out the bumper by 1/3" while the right side is totally secured. It's not biggie, I guess... but I would want it to be secured....

Pete,

Now you metioned it... I noticed my driver side door creaks, too when I open it.... gonna add that to the list..

Thnx for the support.... The sales department is very helpful..but service... is another story.. Guess I will try another dealer, which is about 30 min drive from my place... so shouldn't be too bad...

Andy Kuo
Old 07-22-2001, 01:31 AM
Pro

Try Richmond Acura.
Old 07-22-2001, 01:51 AM
Instructor

Going to another Acura Service Center may not resolve your issues. Everyone here has the right to call Acura Client Services. Ask for the Customer Service Manager and file a complaint. You should be able to receive a response from the Field/Service Manager that oversees the service departments in a territory. If you don't get satisfaction from the Field/Service Manager go above this person and ask for the Division Manager.

Also, don't hesitate to get your salesman and dealership managers involved. Their service departments are rated by Acura and will effect the dealership's quality rating.

I had a major problem earlier this year and got absolute total resolution by going this route as I stated above. Acura wants all of us to be happy....good luck!!
Old 07-22-2001, 01:59 AM
Racer

Originally posted by bh
thats how it was with me at SC Acura with a strange rattle i get. Oh its normal. goddam lazy bastards. guy tried to get the same sound with a random CLS that was back there, but couldnt get the same sound. I wouldnt be surprised to find my car with 50 extra miles on it if I left my car there for service. Service guys probably take our cars out for lunch. Now i need to find a place that will actually bother to listen and fix the rattle.
I got my car at south coast too I say we go together and tag team these ****1n fagg3ts. I know there's more peeps on this site that bought there cars from south coast. We should all go together and get our ride fix or we could picket in front of the dealer hehe

Mr.T
Old 07-22-2001, 09:20 PM
Pro

Green nailed it.

If your service advisor doesn't take care of you, don't waste any time getting angry with them - just ask to speak to the Service Manager. If they don't take care of the problem - ask for the number of the regional Acura Field Rep.

Escalate and stay calm, and usually things work out in your favor.