H&R OE Sports springs vs Comptech Springs

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2001, 02:35 PM
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question H&R OE Sports springs vs Comptech Springs

which one of these springs would you guys get? i do not want my car to be too low due to bad road conditions on Boston. Will springs wear my tires down more than normal? If also which set of springs will wear the tire down more than the other if any?
Old 07-23-2001, 02:44 PM
Drifting

I was going to go with the H&R OE springs until I found something out. The OE springs lower the back more then the front

Fr 1"
Re1.25"

Since I have a heavy system in the car so I decided to go with the comptech springs, because it would probably look pretty even afterwards. I've seen 3 cars that have had the comptech springs installed, and it looks really good. Mine shoudl arrive next week sometime.

Spiro
Old 07-23-2001, 05:10 PM
Racer

Re: H&R OE Sports springs vs Comptech Springs

Supz AzNTL,
Its good to see another asian TL owner in Boston. I am in the same boat as you, I am looking to get springs in the near future. I am looking into the Comptech springs and coilovers. I am not even considering the oe sport springs because many have said the drop is not even noticeable. All the Boston people should get together sometime for a meet or something, i know that there are not many of us. Good luck with your decision bro and maybe I will see you around Boston. I spent my summers in Quincy and my winters in Wellesley.
Old 07-23-2001, 06:20 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 740 Likes on 309 Posts
Comptech's are great, IMO
1.5" drop in front
1.25" drop in rear
Ed
Old 07-23-2001, 06:49 PM
CBS
Banned

Thumbs up Re: H&R OE Sports springs vs Comptech Springs

Originally posted by AzNTL
which one of these springs would you guys get? i do not want my car to be too low due to bad road conditions on Boston. Will springs wear my tires down more than normal? If also which set of springs will wear the tire down more than the other if any?
Comptechs all the way!!!! Comptech made these specially for our TL with the TL in mind. Ride is superb, you just feel the bumps a little more if you encounter any! Also, get your alignment right after installation. I noticed that my toe was off a little in which if you do not get it straight, will cause premature wear on your tires.
Old 07-23-2001, 07:19 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 48 Likes on 33 Posts
for the tl yes comps should be 1.5/1.25 on the cl how ever heavier up front lighter in rear even more rake like 1.7/1.0 with this heavy system prolly 1.25 so that'll be alright too i have the o.e's and you can tell its lower when compared to a stock cl-S but i wanted very subptle im happy BTW the comps were made for the accord...however the H&R's were acctuaslly made for the tl i was told but when asked the engineer at h&R why they said 7-98 if these were for 99+tl he said what about japan???saber?inspire?i think thats why the drop in the rear is way more than the stated .50 inches...i dont see how they could be off by 200%???
Old 07-23-2001, 07:19 PM
Pro

Re: Re: H&R OE Sports springs vs Comptech Springs

Originally posted by JeffyTL
Supz AzNTL,
Its good to see another asian TL owner in Boston. I am in the same boat as you, I am looking to get springs in the near future. I am looking into the Comptech springs and coilovers. I am not even considering the oe sport springs because many have said the drop is not even noticeable. All the Boston people should get together sometime for a meet or something, i know that there are not many of us. Good luck with your decision bro and maybe I will see you around Boston. I spent my summers in Quincy and my winters in Wellesley.
i hear ya man.... nothing happening here at all.. definitely should get a meet going
Old 07-23-2001, 09:13 PM
Drifting

I originally had H&R OE springs, only to end up swapping them out with Comptechs. I hated how H&R OE springs lowered the rear more than the front.

Check here for more details. The pix don't work anymore... but you can check out the pix in my webpage. I regret not taking a side by side comparison pix.