Got pulled over last night...

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2009, 08:03 PM
The Dumb One

Received 373 Likes on 249 Posts
Originally Posted by ftLauTL
nahh dude it has nothing to do with race, I ask the same thing when I make stops. Chances are it was slow night and you whippin around in the TL was the best thing goin on in his district

you were just at the wrong place at the wrong time
i was asked by a state trooper if i had any weapons or drugs in the car after being pulled over for a tail light bulb being out...

reason from officer: "your car looks suspicious"

when he learned i had nothing more illegal to give another citation.. he was more than visably irritated.

we know not all law enforcement guys are bad.. but this happens on a regular basis whether everyone wants to acknowledge it or not.

btw i was driving a 94 accord with no visual modifications, exhaust OR window tint.
Old 05-31-2009, 08:09 PM
Ya....It's an Acura

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
no argument here

but when an individual feels the officer is acting inappropriately because of his race?

c'mon man thats a tad bit silly, how could the officer tell where you are from while you're going by at 80? along with tints and maybe it being nightime
Old 05-31-2009, 08:33 PM
The Dumb One

Received 373 Likes on 249 Posts
no argument here

but when an individual feels the officer is acting inappropriately because of his race?

c'mon man thats a tad bit silly, how could the officer tell where you are from while you're going by at 80? along with tints and maybe it being nightime
unfortunately racism is still going strong these days.

its just much more noticable when it happens with a public service employee.

had a white friend get pulled over after going through a 4 way. when asked why he was pulled over.. he was told "because its a new country now and its the white's turn to get pulled over for being white" he was cited for running a stop sign, and with no camera in the squad car, it was his word against the officers.. he undoubtably lost.

it was a sad sad day for me and my feelings of the law enforcement in that area. and one of my childhood friends works in the same department..
Old 05-31-2009, 08:59 PM
Ya....It's an Acura

That's a shame man

but I dont like it when people pull the race card on me when I make a stop, hey you're driving is inappropriate and you're going to be cited for it

simple as that. Dont matter where you're from, or what language you speak

but you do bring up a good point
Old 05-31-2009, 09:18 PM
Got your mom in

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
That's a shame man

but I dont like it when people pull the race card on me when I make a stop, hey you're driving is inappropriate and you're going to be cited for it

simple as that. Dont matter where you're from, or what language you speak

but you do bring up a good point

Max you're pretty much one of the few cops in So Flo i wouldnt
cops do get out of line a few cop friends of mine told me to always kill them.............................................. ............................................with kindness (that was tough to spit out) regardless of how much of a dick they are. and if they get worse just give them a call afterwards. if you feel the need to complain dont be afraid. chances are someone else already files one on the same cop to which is then handled by IA
Old 05-31-2009, 11:11 PM
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
WOW that really sucks I don't know what I would have done in that situation if I thought some crazy idiot was chasing me at night in that huge tahoe to do who knows what. Idk if calling 911 or highway patrol would have come to mind in a stressful situation like that. If he was just following you (after the lane changes) just to see if you committed any other violations then that's just messed up. He could have been looking up your information, but I don't think that it takes that long, unless the system was down at the time. It is the end of the month, so maybe he was trying to meet his ticket quota (if the police in that area has that), and he saw a fast looking car "easy target". If you are cited for the violations that you made while trying to get away from what you thought was some maniac, then you might be able to fight those. Did you pull over on the shoulder at all to see if he also stopped? (probably not such a safe idea if you don't know who's in the other car) good luck in court
Old 06-01-2009, 01:26 PM
Traded in my

Not total UC..like I said, he did finally hit the switch and that's when I realized he was a cop. But other than that, no markings, no spotlight that I could see (11PM), flashers were all hidden in the fender/grill area and dash I think and strobes in the highbeams like Rajca said. I have no idea what the 1st cop was but the 2nd with video was a state sheriff in a marked new model tahoe. 1st cop gets out in a t-shirt with just his badge on his chest. Wouldn't have been able to tell he was a cop even if I had been driving on his left and stared at him.
On pulling over in a safe spot, from when I did the lane changes to when I finally got pulled over, there was: the main Wilsonville exit, Charbonneau exit, Hubbard-Cutoff Raod exit, Rest area exit (safest IMO), Aurora exit with Travel Center which is very well lit, and lastly Woodburn exit about 8 miles past Aurora. Then in Woodburn, passed 3 gas stations, fire station, many businesses, wide HWY 214 where there is little danger of getting hit if ur pulled over, and then I finally made the signal-less turn and THEN he FINALLY pulled me over. Plenty of safe places and plenty of time to run plates, yadayadayada.... I highly doubt the same freeway 5 miles past where I got off is any safer..he just needed someone to clock my speed.

Just so I know, what statements are conflicting?

N yea u may think its spsd to be 0, but the reality is that thousands of people are in an accident every day? Plenty of which I highly doubt drive as much as I do. Yea Kris may drive 50k+ miles a year but I bet he has been in an accident/pulled over. Not sayin you have Kris but I'd bet money.

"Yes, many cops suck and are rolling bad attitudes with guns
Surprisingly- so are many drivers! " - This is precisely why I did what I did before I got pulled over. I didn't want to be that story on the news, "one dead after extreme case of road rage."

Kris - I accept that the maneuvers I pulled were reckless and I told them that...but I also said that I performed them after I had been followed for over 15 miles by the same Chevy headlights. Of course 1st copper didn't believe that but it's the honest truth.. Now if he wants to cite me for those, which I'm near positive the tic was for, then I will fight it is all I'm saying. N I will accept the consequences if I lose.
Old 06-01-2009, 01:37 PM
Traded in my

Originally Posted by Asteroid
WOW that really sucks I don't know what I would have done in that situation if I thought some crazy idiot was chasing me at night in that huge tahoe to do who knows what. Idk if calling 911 or highway patrol would have come to mind in a stressful situation like that. If he was just following you (after the lane changes) just to see if you committed any other violations then that's just messed up. He could have been looking up your information, but I don't think that it takes that long, unless the system was down at the time. It is the end of the month, so maybe he was trying to meet his ticket quota (if the police in that area has that), and he saw a fast looking car "easy target". If you are cited for the violations that you made while trying to get away from what you thought was some maniac, then you might be able to fight those. Did you pull over on the shoulder at all to see if he also stopped? (probably not such a safe idea if you don't know who's in the other car) good luck in court
911 was the last thing on my mind..otherwise I would've done that..LOL But I did try getting over to other lanes several times but he stayed behind me or next to me in the next lane. I never thot of pullin over on the shoulder either cuz who wants to do that in the dark with some "crazy guy" on ur ass..not very smart IMO
Thanks man!! Ill update after court date.
Old 06-01-2009, 03:19 PM
Burning Brakes

damn man, living in Oregon, I know that from N wilsonville to woodburn is damn far, thats like 15-20 mins of tailing you. I still believe its because you pissed them off that they know they can get you on multiple cases if they follow you. That happened to me on I-84 on time, they were right on my ass, unmarked, and i was like, wtf, so I sped up and got 87 on a 55mph, that hurt. He got me while I was at the peak of my speed, this was like 10 years ago and I havent gotten one since. Lesson to learn, if someone tails you, move over, check them out, if they look like a douche and not a pig, then fuck with them. I tend to do that when I know they arent a cop, pretty bad that I get a lot of people to exit right after, dont f with me on the freeway.
Old 06-01-2009, 03:28 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 111 Likes on 100 Posts
Sounds like you panic bro, so what if he was tailing you was he shooting at you? lol I mean hey you know next time
Old 06-01-2009, 03:54 PM
Ya....It's an Acura

Originally Posted by Silva-type-s
Max you're pretty much one of the few cops in So Flo i wouldnt
cops do get out of line a few cop friends of mine told me to always kill them.............................................. ............................................with kindness (that was tough to spit out) regardless of how much of a dick they are. and if they get worse just give them a call afterwards. if you feel the need to complain dont be afraid. chances are someone else already files one on the same cop to which is then handled by IA

thanks barry

but he's pretty much dead on, the first thing alot of guys look for is attitude, contraband and vehicle/license issues. Just be real genuine and nice, and dont give a hard time. Because as soon as they see a young guy whippin around in a quick ride they jump on it like white on rice

but see I dont have much experience when it comes to undercover units because the majority of the ones we utilize aren't for road patrol, but for CSU or other specialized units.
Old 06-01-2009, 04:01 PM
Traded in my

thanks barry

but he's pretty much dead on, the first thing alot of guys look for is attitude, contraband and vehicle/license issues. Just be real genuine and nice, and dont give a hard time. Because as soon as they see a young guy whippin around in a quick ride they jump on it like white on rice

but see I dont have much experience when it comes to undercover units because the majority of the ones we utilize aren't for road patrol, but for CSU or other specialized units.
I totally agree with both of you. N that's exactly what I did..did everything they asked me to do and didn't give them any attitude. If anything, the first cop gave ME attitude cuz he had already made up his mind on how to treat me..maybe cuz of what I did/maybe my race and a nice car combo not addin up to him..but he wouldn't even let me explain myself. I'm actually glad the 2nd cop was there cuz he wasn't a dick like the first guy. Actually talked to me like a human being..not a piece of trash.
Old 06-01-2009, 04:04 PM
Traded in my

Originally Posted by kidduce
Sounds like you panic bro, so what if he was tailing you was he shooting at you? lol I mean hey you know next time
Yea bro I did panic..but that's all in hindsight and not much I can do about it now besides try to explain that to the judge. Hopefully he'll actually listen to what I have to say rather than pre-determine how he's gonna treat me.
Old 06-01-2009, 04:16 PM
Traded in my

Originally Posted by fobstylez
damn man, living in Oregon, I know that from N wilsonville to woodburn is damn far, thats like 15-20 mins of tailing you. I still believe its because you pissed them off that they know they can get you on multiple cases if they follow you. That happened to me on I-84 on time, they were right on my ass, unmarked, and i was like, wtf, so I sped up and got 87 on a 55mph, that hurt. He got me while I was at the peak of my speed, this was like 10 years ago and I havent gotten one since. Lesson to learn, if someone tails you, move over, check them out, if they look like a douche and not a pig, then fuck with them. I tend to do that when I know they arent a cop, pretty bad that I get a lot of people to exit right after, dont f with me on the freeway.
Right bro..that was easily 20 mins total of him just followin me waitin for me to eff up..which I did. But that's effed up that they even follow you for more than 5 miles. Like I was sayin to Rockstar a few posts back..why would they put more people in danger if I had already done something that merited a citation?!?!
Old 06-01-2009, 04:30 PM
Three Wheelin'

Ive had no luck with judges, hopefully he/she can understand your point of view.
Old 06-01-2009, 04:52 PM
Traded in my

Originally Posted by kidduce
Ive had no luck with judges, hopefully he/she can understand your point of view.
You're killin me man..
Old 06-01-2009, 05:09 PM
Three Wheelin'

haha sorry man.
Old 06-01-2009, 07:35 PM
Got your mom in

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
thanks barry

but he's pretty much dead on, the first thing alot of guys look for is attitude, contraband and vehicle/license issues. Just be real genuine and nice, and dont give a hard time. Because as soon as they see a young guy whippin around in a quick ride they jump on it like white on rice, in a glass of milk, on a paper plate, in a snow storm

Fixed.

True. undercovers dont even usually carry tickets books, they only want three things; Drugs, guns, or warrants. basically if you had slowed down and cruised or even pullover and let him pass, this thread wouldnt exist
Old 06-01-2009, 09:27 PM
Ya....It's an Acura

case in point silva, case in point
Old 06-01-2009, 10:09 PM
Traded in my

I feel like I'm gettin repetitive now..I did move over and slow down plenty of times but the cop stayed behind me. At that point, I sped up to get away from him cuz he wouldn't leave me alone..I got away for about 3-4 miles but then there he is again followin me off the freeway...
Old 06-03-2009, 05:47 PM
Racer

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
Cops do this kind of crap all the time. They often cruise around looking for people to pull over for any reason they can to fill that quota. They will even follow you if you take a quick turn, change lanes without signaling, don't come to a complete stop at a stop sign, etc. They do this to wait for you to commit more "crimes" before they pull you over which is what this sounds like to me. It has happened to me once or twice, although with marked cars. They speed up and then stick to your ass, no doubt running your plate to see if they can get you for anything plus the above mentioned. If you drive normally and don't do anything stupid they eventually give up and speed off to find someone else.

You, my friend, fell right in his trap, whether or not you felt he was some road raged driver following you, you should not have done some of the things you said you did. As others have mentioned, the smart thing to do in such a case is drive the limit and take your time, follow the rules until he leaves, which he usually will. If it's a case of road rage than if you do the afformentioned the raged driver will normally continue to drive recklessly and even try to pull you over, call the police.

One other thing the cops like to do is use the "suspicious" excuse to search your vehicle once they have pulled you over. They can make up any reason they want to claim suspicious activity. Sad but true, welcome to the world of big brother.
Old 06-06-2009, 02:33 AM
Racer

Yeah I understand why you panicked so bad, Ive had this happen to me before. However I didn't stop, I also never got lights because it wasn't cops. Pay attention better to who you're dealing with though, If I was switching lanes and saw any kind of possible police car thats when I ease up, also pay attention in the mirror. If their plates have a green capital M along with all the other letters/numbers green, its a cop. If not then you have a person you pissed off behind you or an idiot that wants to race. Your TL-S im guessing tops out in the 140ish area, his tahoe probably 110-120. If you're going to get a reckless driving ticket at least make more of an effort to get away because going from 65 to 85 isnt much to some deranged idiot who wont stop at anything to get you.
Old 06-06-2009, 11:35 AM
Team Owner

Received 1,137 Likes on 1,067 Posts
oh yes by all means go flat out~ that will certainly impress the cop!!

If you think it is a crazy person,, there are plenty of ways to lift off the gas or apply brakes and let them pass- you move away 2 lanes
(dont brake with them behind you!!- move away first~)

A hint to all is found in the first post
" Made a few quick lane changes from the right and center
I am guessing this means passing cars driving in the center lane by going to the right around them- and possibly having to do a fast change back to center to avoid traffic ahead??
the right lane where slower traffic is supposed to be, cars may be stopped on roads edge--very dangerous in the laws eye

Not much will perk a cops ears up faster! besides a radar reading 20+ over

Read the driver book for your state- most say to pass on the left
People who do pass on the right are often not paying attention ahead, drunk, or speeding more than the cop who is going 10 over already

Cops like to sneak up the right lane- its harder to spot them when you are blazing down the middle, or especially left lane- Whoa where did he come from?!
Old 11-18-2009, 11:23 PM
Traded in my

Man, it took this long to finally get this taken care of. Had court today and it ended very well. We poked huge holes in the cop's testimony and the judge seems to have been pretty forgiving. He said he'd "take it under advisement," but the word from my lawyer and his court clerk is that he does that to acquittals. In my case, he "took it under advisement" in order to avoid embarrassing the law student that was the prosecutor. Should get the final word within a few days.
Old 11-19-2009, 06:21 AM
Drifting

Received 29 Likes on 28 Posts
You shoulda slammed ya breaks on that dick, and let him hit you, I wonder what he would have said.....
Old 11-19-2009, 10:27 AM
Regional Coordinator (SoCal)

Received 89 Likes on 82 Posts
Damn.. this reminds me of my friend.. last night we were supposedly "cruising" to Guppy's (for those of you who don't know, it's a dining place/teahouse) in Southern Cali. We were on the 60 east freeway.. I had just passed him slowly on the fast lane doing about 80mph and all of a sudden he decides he wants to show off. So he slowly creeps behind me and switches lanes to the right and flies by me. I was just cruising but I can keep up with him easily (he drives a 98 accord v6 w/ intake, header, and tb spacer). I decide to make the right move and not do all the crazy stuff he does.. and trust me he is a dare devil.. he will do anything and I mean anything to show off. This time.. we were on the far right lane.. and there was a big rig on the far right lane he goes behinds it and narrows the gap and barely misses the truck when he switched out of that lane.. that's when we notice the state trooper was there and my friend had passed him while making the daring move on the big rig. They didn't notice the state trooper until it was too late. After I spotted the state trooper, I was like saying to myself .. "This is bad... he's gonna get pulled over for sure".. Next thing you know.. my buddy gets ready to exit to Asuza.. but the state trooper follows him and the lights came on and the sirens too. They exit and bam .. worst thing is that he was driving unlicensed, carrying a minor, speeding, and wreckless driving. The officer only wrote him off as an unlicensed driver. Car got impounded and I gave them a ride home ..
Old 11-19-2009, 11:35 AM
Dragging knees in

Received 32 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by JDM Inspired
You shoulda slammed ya breaks on that dick, and let him hit you, I wonder what he would have said.....
Assaulting a public servant with a deadly weapon. Automatic suspension of license and a felony charge.
Old 11-19-2009, 11:39 AM
Dragging knees in

Received 32 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by blackasscls
Yeah I understand why you panicked so bad, Ive had this happen to me before. However I didn't stop, I also never got lights because it wasn't cops. Pay attention better to who you're dealing with though, If I was switching lanes and saw any kind of possible police car thats when I ease up, also pay attention in the mirror. If their plates have a green capital M along with all the other letters/numbers green, its a cop. If not then you have a person you pissed off behind you or an idiot that wants to race. Your TL-S im guessing tops out in the 140ish area, his tahoe probably 110-120. If you're going to get a reckless driving ticket at least make more of an effort to get away because going from 65 to 85 isnt much to some deranged idiot who wont stop at anything to get you.
Oh, watch out. Certified badass giving advice on how to run from the police.

You're going to be that guy we read about in the headlines who crashes into a minivan full of a family on vacation while fleeing from the police. Nobody thinks you are cool or a badass for advising others to run from the police.
Old 11-19-2009, 10:39 PM
Traded in my

Originally Posted by Pure Adrenaline
Assaulting a public servant with a deadly weapon. Automatic suspension of license and a felony charge.
I've heard of this happening...
But if he rear ends me, that means he was following too closely. Citizen's citation for following too closely just like anyone else would get if they rear ended someone. Prob wouldn't stick but worth a try.

Originally Posted by Pure Adrenaline
Oh, watch out. Certified badass giving advice on how to run from the police.

You're going to be that guy we read about in the headlines who crashes into a minivan full of a family on vacation while fleeing from the police. Nobody thinks you are cool or a badass for advising others to run from the police.
I agree here too. Why would I make it worse for myself? The only way I would ever run from a cop was if I was driving a Veyron, F1 or Koenigsegg. Good thing most of those aren't too likely to come into my hands..LOL