Got pulled over last night...

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2009, 01:48 PM
Traded in my

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Got pulled over last night...

Did two or three quick lane changes in right and middle lanes to get around some traffic with "undercover" tahoe cop in the fast lane. Don't cut anyone off but that did look bad. Cop starts tailin me..gets real close behind me or next to me in the left lane as I'm in the center lane..won't speed away or back off so I sped away. Doin about 80 in a 65 to pull away but I look back n there he is again..I slow down..he slows down..I speed up..he catches up. Catch up to some more traffic, I slow down in the center lane, he moves over behind me and I step on my brakes to slow down. I see his headlights jerk down and he backs off a LOT so he prob slammed on his brakes while I was lightly tapping on mine..he takes this as ME slamming on my brakes. All this on a 15 mile stretch of freeway!! WTF?!?!

At this point, I'm thinkin he's some crazy douchebag that won't leave me alone. Get off on my exit..he gets off. I'm freakin out now..dunno what to do. Dunno he's a cop yet. I speed away..40 in a 30 tryin to lose him but there is the same set of Chevy headlights in my rearview the WHOLE TIME!!

After he's been followin me for a mile in the city, I finally take a right quick turn without signaling to try to lose him..then a quick left with signal and I ACCIDENTALLY rolled the headlight switch all the way off as I'm tryin to turn the signal on and turn left at the same time (my hands were gettin shaky..LOL).

He thought I blacked out on purpose and finally turns his lights on and pulls me over..

I got cited for "reckless driving" but dunno if its for the lane changes or the quick turns. If its for the quick turns..I'm fightin it cuz at that point I thought I had some crazy guy on my ass and I was just trying to get away. If its for the lane changes, Ill take it. If it's for speedin..I'll take it but should that constitute reckless driving? I was over the speed limit and he said I was doin 90 but the most I got was 85 (honestly) and only when trying to get away from him.

O and this is the 1st ticket of my life...
Old 05-30-2009, 01:56 PM
Burning Brakes

wtf, this was in oregon? where at? Chances are he saw you switching lanes and started to follow you, when you started getting scared you tried some bad tactics that pissed him off, like light breaking. So that reckless driving is probably a personal ticket. Like how the nba refs take it personal. terrible call by the cop. Just used that in court, that he followed you so you got scared and tried to lose him. At this point, its your word against his, and he will win almost all the time. good luck
Old 05-30-2009, 02:07 PM
Avant Garde Wheels

Received 348 Likes on 291 Posts
if he clocked you going 90 then good game.. if he didn't... you win..
Old 05-30-2009, 02:14 PM
Traded in my

Drivin south on I5..lane changes were in N.Wilsonville..got pulled over way the eff over in Woodburn. I was headin over to a party after work out in the country where it can get loud and crazy..LOL

He did start tailin me after the lane changes..then he prob got pissed off when I tried to lose him.

When he pulls me over n gets out..he's got his hand on his gun and he's yellin at me to show him my hands like I'm a fuckin criminal.

O and another part of the story..there was a Jeep Liberty (I think) that was goin just as fast as me and even tailgated the cop in Wilsonville for a while. How come the cop didnt follow him even though the Jeep got caught up in traffic and was behind me? He very easily coulda stopped the Jeep or even me 10 miles before Woodburn but no..waited til i fucked up even more.

Flippin cop went after me. When I get out..he's askin me "Is the car yours"..I'm thinkin this guy saw I was Mexican and drivin less than perfectly and prob thot I jacked the car.

Why is it that because some of us Mexicans work our asses off and are able to afford nice things we still get discriminated against? Racist copper is all I have to say...
Old 05-30-2009, 02:15 PM
Traded in my

Originally Posted by jjashaa
if he clocked you going 90 then good game.. if he didn't... you win..
He didn't clock me..he was drivin the whole time. Yea I maybe hit 85 but only cuz he was gettin close and I was tryin to get away so I didn't have some crazy guy tailin me...

Ill admit I was doin 80..ill take a tic for that cuz I set the cruise to about that..but not more.
Old 05-30-2009, 02:20 PM
Got your mom in

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
^ dont know. wreckless driving usually send you straight to court. if he shows up he can say you were doing 90 simply because he was doing 90 to catch up to you.. good luck. hopefully you dont gert hit too hard.
Old 05-30-2009, 02:22 PM
Avant Garde Wheels

Received 348 Likes on 291 Posts
Originally Posted by '02_TL-S
Drivin south on I5..lane changes were in N.Wilsonville..got pulled over way the eff over in Woodburn. I was headin over to a party after work out in the country where it can get loud and crazy..LOL

He did start tailin me after the lane changes..then he prob got pissed off when I tried to lose him.

When he pulls me over n gets out..he's got his hand on his gun and he's yellin at me to show him my hands like I'm a fuckin criminal.

O and another part of the story..there was a Jeep Liberty (I think) that was goin just as fast as me and even tailgated the cop in Wilsonville for a while. How come the cop didnt follow him even though the Jeep got caught up in traffic and was behind me? He very easily coulda stopped the Jeep or even me 10 miles before Woodburn but no..waited til i fucked up even more.

Flippin cop went after me. When I get out..he's askin me "Is the car yours"..I'm thinkin this guy saw I was Mexican and drivin less than perfectly and prob thot I jacked the car.

Why is it that because some of us Mexicans work our asses off and are able to afford nice things we still get discriminated against? Racist copper is all I have to say...
its just precautions.. seeing the way you drove after you saw him following you.. i think.. you could've just drove normally..

what i do is when somebody follows me like that. i just move over cuz they probably want you to move out the way. If that person keeps following you. just drive even after lane changing. purposely get stuck behind traffic so you can see what car it is or stuff..
Old 05-30-2009, 02:23 PM
Traded in my

Originally Posted by Silva-type-s
^ dont know. wreckless driving usually send you straight to court. if he shows up he can say you were doing 90 simply because he was doing 90 to catch up to you.. good luck. hopefully you dont gert hit too hard.
Court date set for June 26th..

But I'm just gonna tell it like it happened. I'm not gonna take the tic for reckless driving in Woodburn tho..only for lane changes. Cuz if he had stopped me sooner even for speed then we woulda avoided that whole mess
Old 05-30-2009, 02:27 PM
Traded in my

Originally Posted by jjashaa
its just precautions.. seeing the way you drove after you saw him following you.. i think.. you could've just drove normally..

what i do is when somebody follows me like that. i just move over cuz they probably want you to move out the way. If that person keeps following you. just drive even after lane changing. purposely get stuck behind traffic so you can see what car it is or stuff..
I tried to move over and there were plenty of times that he coulda passed me on the left when I was in the middle. But no..he stayed next to me or behind me. Even when I did get caught up in traffic and lightly stepped on my brakes to slow down..he slammed on his to stay behind me. Cop was set on stayin behind me..couldn't do anythin bout it. In the city was where he really freaked me out cuz he followed me turn for turn..thats when I thot to myself..gotta lose this crazy guy cuz he's just gonna follow me til I get to the party n pull some crazy shit on me or other ppl there.
Old 05-30-2009, 02:34 PM
Got your mom in

Court date set for June 26th..

But I'm just gonna tell it like it happened. I'm not gonna take the tic for reckless driving in Woodburn tho..only for lane changes. Cuz if he had stopped me sooner even for speed then we woulda avoided that whole mess
good point...... fight it. F the PO-lice

in my case i couldnt plead shit cuz i actually out ran the cops until they had shut down the intersection to wait for me. wasnt cool.
Old 05-30-2009, 02:39 PM
Traded in my

good point...... fight it. F the PO-lice

in my case i couldnt plead shit cuz i actually out ran the cops until they had shut down the intersection to wait for me. wasnt cool.
Very not cool..

When he did FINALLY turn his lights on..I immediately pulled over so that will prob help me out too. The only reason I was tryin to get away from him was cuz he had an unmarked car..I'm thinkin crazy pissed off guy..not cop. Other wise I wouldn't have pulled a bunch of crazy shit.
Old 05-30-2009, 02:43 PM
Traded in my

O n when he does finally stop..he waits for a marked newer model tahoe sheriff to get there. New copper is tellin he was in Brooks..south of Woodburn..waitin for us to pass..prob to clock me cuz the Unmarked copper nvr could get a good speed. He's got the whole pull over on camera/video apparently and even then, the first thing I said was crazy copper was tailin me n freakin me out. All crazy copper says is "dont try to pull that" or something around those lines. Crazy copper was just out to get someone last night...
Old 05-30-2009, 04:00 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 76 Likes on 69 Posts

Something like this happen to me about 2 year ago. I driving my TL on main instate an Gray GTO V6 started tail gating me for over 3 miles, so i got tired of it an speed up an did 65 in 40 speed zone. After 2 miles later we got block by slow car going 35 an so i back off an slow down, but uncover cop kept staying an my rear end.( I can't even see headlight from the rear view mirror ) Next I finally decide to broke the law an go pass the slow car in a NO PASS ZONE. Well an uncover did the samething an kept following me until I got to work.

Long story short.... 18 mile later an driving into another county an Finally getting to work an in MY COMPANY Parking Lot. I got Female uncover off duty Sheriff coming out of her GTO an try to arrest for ALL the wrong thing I did when driving to work. Last She call another officer from the county i work in to give me MORE Ticket
Here is list of what i got.....

1.Reckless driving (both county)
2.Passing in no pass zone (1 county)
3.Running Stop sign (1 county)
4.Not Maintain Lane (both county)
5.Speeding (both county)
6.Not obey a Traffic device (1 county)

I went to court 6 different time total for both county together an finally got most of the charges dope. Only 1's I had to pay was Number # 2 an $100 fine for something in county i work (not even sure what it was for)

Just Fight the ticket an loss alot days off work or get alot point on your driving record
Old 05-30-2009, 05:01 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
^^^ damn man that sucks... cops in your areas are douchebags... especially an off duty cop wtf?? how gay...
Old 05-30-2009, 05:06 PM
Traded in my

^x2
That sux Azn. But at least u got most of em off. Ima fight this too so hopefully my record stays clean.
Thanks for puttin up with the rant Ziners
Old 05-30-2009, 08:26 PM
Racer

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts
you should've call 911 and report someone is following you
Old 05-30-2009, 10:07 PM
Team Owner

Received 1,137 Likes on 1,067 Posts
going 85 in a 65 can be considered reckless- so can 60 in a 45
Lane change without signal is considered dangerous and reckless

If you were on cruise at 80 you probably passed 90+ real quick just passing and moving over a lane
The cop doesnt have to be stopped to clock you- there is measured distance versus time, and other moving laser radar methods- plus the speedometer
x time to catch you- y distance- z cops speed = your speed

Sudden lane changes with no signal 80+ speeding then speeding even more--
Brake Checked him big time! ~accidentally~ blacked out---all caught on video for the judge to laugh at
The cop will show up- they schedule court date for their day off- so they get paid extra to be there- think the judge isnt going to make SOMEONE pay for the officers time?
YOU is who
Judge will say same things said here- someone tailgating you- move right, if they seem to be harrassing you- dial 911- Hey there is a guy driving crazy

If you are ever unsure its a real police car behind you- just a red light on the dash is a fake cop,,,
call 911 and ask--- your plate number will be active in the system as well as the officer calls in location of stop and description of car
The operator can say its a real cop- and will notify the officer that you are on the phone - thats why you drive to the chevron or wherever thats lighted, to be safe

Unmarked units wont normally pull you over for that very reason- you dont know for sure,,, means they could be shot as a crazy driver- road rage

OP- you caught attention by changing more than 1 lane at a time- take positive control of the lane- count 1 thousand 2,1thous- 3-1..postive control of lane now signal and next lane change

Telling the officer who did the stop about the other `crazy copper`- I bet that went over real well
You are lucky it didnt turn into a felony prone stop, thats being treated like a criminal!!

PS If you dont want to go hands on the wheel- dont tint the glass!!
Its got NOTHING to do with your race and money expectation- you make a move like a drunk does- the cop will follow to see if thats the case or just a bad speeder
Old 05-30-2009, 10:13 PM
Team Owner

although normally- reckless offenses are not eligible for driver school and keeping the points off your record, if it really is a first ever ticket- depending on how many years (not months) you have been driving,,, the judge can do whatever they want,
reduce a speed, change the fine or at best- cut the reckless out and let you have school

Yes you have to pay a steep speeding and lane change and whatever other fines and court cost- plus a fee to attend school and the 30-40 bucks for school,,,
But if it can be done by beging for mercy of the court to keep record clean,
you dont drive like that normally and certainly wotn ever again... maybe you will get lucky
Old 05-30-2009, 10:22 PM
wham bam thank you ma'am

Received 41 Likes on 36 Posts
that sucks. a few moths back i was building the police taho's, they have balls when u stop on the gas. i never want to see another taho in my life.

tell us the outcome
Old 05-30-2009, 10:50 PM
Traded in my

Originally Posted by 01tl4tl
going 85 in a 65 can be considered reckless- so can 60 in a 45
Lane change without signal is considered dangerous and reckless

If you were on cruise at 80 you probably passed 90+ real quick just passing and moving over a lane
The cop doesnt have to be stopped to clock you- there is measured distance versus time, and other moving laser radar methods- plus the speedometer
x time to catch you- y distance- z cops speed = your speed

Sudden lane changes with no signal 80+ speeding then speeding even more--
Brake Checked him big time! ~accidentally~ blacked out---all caught on video for the judge to laugh at
The cop will show up- they schedule court date for their day off- so they get paid extra to be there- think the judge isnt going to make SOMEONE pay for the officers time?
YOU is who
Judge will say same things said here- someone tailgating you- move right, if they seem to be harrassing you- dial 911- Hey there is a guy driving crazy

If you are ever unsure its a real police car behind you- just a red light on the dash is a fake cop,,,
call 911 and ask--- your plate number will be active in the system as well as the officer calls in location of stop and description of car
The operator can say its a real cop- and will notify the officer that you are on the phone - thats why you drive to the chevron or wherever thats lighted, to be safe

Unmarked units wont normally pull you over for that very reason- you dont know for sure,,, means they could be shot as a crazy driver- road rage

OP- you caught attention by changing more than 1 lane at a time- take positive control of the lane- count 1 thousand 2,1thous- 3-1..postive control of lane now signal and next lane change

Telling the officer who did the stop about the other `crazy copper`- I bet that went over real well
You are lucky it didnt turn into a felony prone stop, thats being treated like a criminal!!

PS If you dont want to go hands on the wheel- dont tint the glass!!
Its got NOTHING to do with your race and money expectation- you make a move like a drunk does- the cop will follow to see if thats the case or just a bad speeder
1) I admit I was speeding..I would've gladly taken a ticket for that if he was able to clock me on it. The 2nd cop that was waiting in Brooks was prob spsd to do that but I got off the freeway before I got there. I NEVER even got close to 90..cruise at 80 was after lane changes where there was no traffic. He was never able to get a good reading on my speed as we were both driving..no measured distances..my speed was varied as I tried to pull away from him/slow down for other traffic/etc..his speed varied in trying to catch up/slow down once he was behind or next to me. Even so he should have pulled me over then and there..not 15+miles after the fact.

2) Lane changes were all done with signaling and at about 50mph on the freeway which is why I made them..to get around a bunch of slow traffic..15+ miles before I got pulled over. Would've gladly taken a ticket for that if I had gotten pulled over near the place where that happened. But the cop waited...

3) 2nd cop was the guy who had the PULL OVER..not lane changes or speeding..on video..dunno how that wasn't clear. He didn't even have all of it..not when I initially pulled over..not the part bout the 1st cop tellin me to show him my hands..don't even have tinted windows and my window was down!! Don't know why he still felt the need to ask me if it was my car either if he had the papers in his hand

4) Never "brake checked" him. I used my brakes the appropriate amount in order to slow down as I got closer to traffic..I remember I barely even used them because I could feel the pressure point at which the brake lights turn on and I barely went past that point..even then it was more like 2 or 3 light pumps in order to adjust my speed. I dunno why he thot I "slammed" on my brakes.

5) As I said before, there were plenty of times he coulda passed me on the left after I MOVED RIGHT cuz he was BEHIND me, but he didn't. Even when I tried to slow down he didn't pull away; he stayed behind me and misjudged the use of my brakes in order to slow down as me "slamming" on them. Thats why I thot he was some guy with a mad case of road rage as he followed me for 15+ miles, several of which were in a city with multiple turns onto different roads. At that point, I made some quick, "reckless" decisions in order to lose him, all of which could've been avoided had he pulled me over for speeding or lane changes.

6) Never said anything to ANYONE about a crazy copper..that was just here on AZ as I vented my frustration.

PS: Please improve your reading comprehension skills or at least reread a few times if you're confused about something..or even ask.

Last edited by '02_TL-S; 05-30-2009 at 10:53 PM.
Old 05-30-2009, 10:54 PM
Traded in my

Originally Posted by jzhu625
you should've call 911 and report someone is following you
Yea I shoulda done that but I was freakin out at that point and not thinkin right..
Old 05-30-2009, 10:56 PM
Traded in my

although normally- reckless offenses are not eligible for driver school and keeping the points off your record, if it really is a first ever ticket- depending on how many years (not months) you have been driving,,, the judge can do whatever they want,
reduce a speed, change the fine or at best- cut the reckless out and let you have school

Yes you have to pay a steep speeding and lane change and whatever other fines and court cost- plus a fee to attend school and the 30-40 bucks for school,,,
But if it can be done by beging for mercy of the court to keep record clean,
you dont drive like that normally and certainly wotn ever again... maybe you will get lucky
Yes it is my "1st ever" ticket..granted I've only been driving for a few years but most people at my age have already gotten at least one..especially if they drive a Type-S
Old 05-30-2009, 10:58 PM
Traded in my

Originally Posted by Rajca
that sucks. a few moths back i was building the police taho's, they have balls when u stop on the gas. i never want to see another taho in my life.

tell us the outcome
Yea..I know they do..seen the engine before and ridden in one (as a passenger..LOL) and it just feels beefy.

I'll keep y'all up on the status.
Old 05-30-2009, 11:06 PM
Got your mom in

^ wow. that sucks. in So Flo they hit you with a steep fine and still order you to traffic school. i guess it depends on the cop also. 80 in a 65 is just speeding. i think its because you were switchin lanes trying to get away is what makes it wreckless. i also lnow if you double the speed limit its automatically wreckless driving and you can also be charged with public endangerment. plead your case. it makes a good point to say u didnt know it was a cops and you thought your life was at risk. hows it works out for real though. i had o pay over a grand to get my shit legit again.
Old 05-30-2009, 11:15 PM
Traded in my

^ wow. that sucks. in So Flo they hit you with a steep fine and still order you to traffic school. i guess it depends on the cop also. 80 in a 65 is just speeding. i think its because you were switchin lanes trying to get away is what makes it wreckless. i also lnow if you double the speed limit its automatically wreckless driving and you can also be charged with public endangerment. plead your case. it makes a good point to say u didnt know it was a cops and you thought your life was at risk. hows it works out for real though. i had o pay over a grand to get my shit legit again.
I admitted to them that those were reckless..but thats not what I got cited for. I got cited for the stunts in Woodburn..at least thats what the tic says..

If that IS the case..ill just bring up the fact that if he had pulled me over 15 miles before Woodburn, or even 1 mile before the dumb ish I pulled happened, it WOULDN'T have happened. All he needed to do was flip the switch for his lights and I woulda stopped sooner..as I did stop immediately when he did finally turn em on.

Thanks for the support bro..
Old 05-31-2009, 04:17 AM
Team Owner

you hit the brake lights a few times- as far as any following driver would know- you were on the brakes HARD- trying to cause a crash

wouldnt be the first person running from the law who tries to disable their car thru an accident--- thats exactly what the cop saw in his window

However you think you were driving- it was different in the cops eyes

Dont jump on me for explaining how things are perceived- when you have driven as many years as I have- then we can talk about what it looks like you are doing

Also stop jumping to conclusions- not everything is about you OP- some comments are meant in general- like tinted windows make for nervous cops

The cops care about going home alive- you broke almost every rule to that!
Be glad they didnt shoot you- felony stop you or otherwise ruin your life

But it would have been great tv footage of a TL being chased by 15 cops....
(Blues Brothers theme music in background)
This is car 54- We're in a truck!

Other cars did the same thing--but you were first!- once picked out--its game over

I said before- the undercovers dont pull you over!

Quit whining about that and take it~
Oh- you admit the xx event but not the yyy, big deal- the uc car has video too!!!

Call me when they take your license- you been driving 2 whole years with no tickets- and getting away with stuff,,, based on the comments--
this was NOT the first time- just first time got caught

Go spend an hour in traffic court one day listening to other stories, and see if its a known speed trap area, what excuses get a reducton or what pisses the judge off
Old 05-31-2009, 04:29 AM
Team Owner

It wil be funny when the Judge is the same skin color as you OP
racist? or reckless driver,,, knows no color,
and many many reckless or inattentive driver are majorly wasted on alcohol or crank or crack or meth or heroin or who knows what!!!!!
Ever notice how many cars on Cops have needles in plain sight- being used!!

--drunks drive fast and make a lot of lane changes to ~get past traffic~
trafiic was going 65? in a speed limit of 65, then so should you
Yes everyone else was going 80 towards the cliff- doesnt make it right for you- in the LAWS eye

Sorry to OP or anyone I offended by not wearing my reading glasses and missing the intent of a line of print- Just trying to educate and assist- been to court before, Mom worked in the courthouse, I heard most stories and how they play out
Was also a tech and service writer so I have different view of those post too

Best of Luck in Court-
consult an attorney well before court- see if you should have one-
the judge can take your license or throw you in jail---worth spending that hour watching others...
Some places- 21 mph over is mandatory trip to jail for you!

NOTE many courts have someone in the courtroom noting who lost their license- they call outside to other officers, then the person gets in their car, gets a block and bingo red ights!! driving on a suspended or revoked - well we have to take the car--and rearrest you!
Better take a buddy to drive you home just in case!
Old 05-31-2009, 09:21 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 76 Likes on 69 Posts
Since it's your 1st ticket tell the judge your side of the story an then ask for a NO-Low ( meaning it will not be on your driving record an you only can use this in court Once every 5-7 year depend on your State)

Don't take the reckless driving charge. It's the one with the must point on your license. When you go to court talk to the Court appoint Attorney 1st an see what they can do for you. If you are not happy with them, then ask for continuation so can hire your own attorney.

In my case I use the Court appoint Attorney. If i had to hire 1 it would have cost me over 1K.
Old 05-31-2009, 12:09 PM
Traded in my

you hit the brake lights a few times- as far as any following driver would know- you were on the brakes HARD- trying to cause a crash

wouldnt be the first person running from the law who tries to disable their car thru an accident--- thats exactly what the cop saw in his window

However you think you were driving- it was different in the cops eyes

Dont jump on me for explaining how things are perceived- when you have driven as many years as I have- then we can talk about what it looks like you are doing

Also stop jumping to conclusions- not everything is about you OP- some comments are meant in general- like tinted windows make for nervous cops

The cops care about going home alive- you broke almost every rule to that!
Be glad they didnt shoot you- felony stop you or otherwise ruin your life

But it would have been great tv footage of a TL being chased by 15 cops....
(Blues Brothers theme music in background)
This is car 54- We're in a truck!

Other cars did the same thing--but you were first!- once picked out--its game over

I said before- the undercovers dont pull you over!

Quit whining about that and take it~
Oh- you admit the xx event but not the yyy, big deal- the uc car has video too!!!

Call me when they take your license- you been driving 2 whole years with no tickets- and getting away with stuff,,, based on the comments--
this was NOT the first time- just first time got caught

Go spend an hour in traffic court one day listening to other stories, and see if its a known speed trap area, what excuses get a reducton or what pisses the judge off
Again, I used my brakes the appropriate amount in order to slow down. If I hadn't used them, I would've rear ended someone. Is that what I shoulda done 01tl?? If the cop was behind me seein the same traffic I was then he knows that I only used them because I had to.

So apparently, I'm a criminal running from the law and slamming on my brakes to cause an accident in the eyes of 01tl..even tho I've said numeruos times that I didn't know that the Chevy headlights in my rearview were a cop's. But no..I did these things on purpose "runnin from the law."
^^^These statement are what got me upset 01tl..instead of posting comments that are initially directed personally, (i.e. the stuff in bold) and then posting something "general" about running from the law which insinuates that I'm that person, why not be a little more clear about what you're trying to say and keep things generalized, instead of using words, such as you, which are meant to direct the comments to a specific person..that's all I'm trying to say here. Maybe you read and misinterpreted..I understand that happens..but please realize that when it does, you will be corrected, as I did. I'm only trying to explain what happened. You see how no one else on here got personal and is actually givin me advice? That's what I thought this forum was about..not to have condescending people write somewhat irrelevant comments which seem to imply a point antithetical to the one you're trying to make. Just because I haven't driven as long as you, doesn't mean I'm a terrible driver. No accidents no tickets all in the time when you're spsd to be in one or get one..I think that says a little bout the kind of driver I am. I have even probably driven more than of few of the older members on this forum. Just in this past year with the TL I drove 20K+ miles. Not including the ones driven in the family Suburban or the Minivan when I can't use my own car..and it's been more like almost 4 years and prob near the 100K+ mile mark..I dunno what I was thinkin ..and all those miles with no accident or ticket. Can anyone else here say they were able to do that at my age? (19) Prob very few
I have plenty of experience..I know the roads I drive on.. I'm probably much more observant than the cop that pulled me over and I know that the area where the lane changes occurred isn't a speed trap. I know where cops usually hang out and where the speed traps are. Doesn't mean I do this all the time. In fact, I dunno why I decided to speed that night. Maybe just wantin to do something else besides work after the long double shift and I wantin to get there faster.

UC cars don't pull people over? That's new.. I drive the same stretch of free way and I see the same 2 or three Mustang and a Camaro UC cop pullin ppl over all the time. Maybe its dif wherever ur from but not here in the Willamette Valley..UC cops pull ppl over all the time.
Old 05-31-2009, 12:23 PM
Traded in my

Originally Posted by AznWayTL's
Since it's your 1st ticket tell the judge your side of the story an then ask for a NO-Low ( meaning it will not be on your driving record an you only can use this in court Once every 5-7 year depend on your State)

Don't take the reckless driving charge. It's the one with the must point on your license. When you go to court talk to the Court appoint Attorney 1st an see what they can do for you. If you are not happy with them, then ask for continuation so can hire your own attorney.

In my case I use the Court appoint Attorney. If i had to hire 1 it would have cost me over 1K.
Thx for the advice man. I'm plannin on showin up bright and early on my court day to feel the judge out. And now I will talk to the attorney..see what he can do. Thanks a lot bro..
Old 05-31-2009, 12:26 PM
The Dumb One

Received 373 Likes on 249 Posts
01tl4tl, you have a very optimistic outlook on the cops behalf of this whole situation.

there is some truth to what you have been saying but for the most part

cops OFTEN racially profile and "jump the gun" in situations where it is not called for. its part of their job in a sense.. but alot, if not most of them, abuse that regularly.

although i would have not driven 10 miles in this situation. (probably pulled off the highway into a well lit gas station and such) the OP should have some leeway for whats going on here..

if you do something illegal that is ticket worthy, you should get pulled over... IMMEDIATELY.

not only is it stupid for the cop to tail you for numerous miles. but also dangerous (what if he was drunk and the cop only made him nervous) putting other drivers on the road at risk. (stupid)

alot of thing may have happened in the cops eyes that made this situation suspicious. but it all could have been avoided if the police officer was doing his job in the first place.

if he sees anyone breaking the law. he should pull them over. end of story.
Old 05-31-2009, 12:34 PM
Traded in my

Originally Posted by Rockstar21
01tl4tl, you have a very optimistic outlook on the cops behalf of this whole situation.

there is some truth to what you have been saying but for the most part

cops OFTEN racially profile and "jump the gun" in situations where it is not called for. its part of their job in a sense.. but alot, if not most of them, abuse that regularly.

although i would have not driven 10 miles in this situation. (probably pulled off the highway into a well lit gas station and such) the OP should have some leeway for whats going on here..

if you do something illegal that is ticket worthy, you should get pulled over... IMMEDIATELY.

not only is it stupid for the cop to tail you for numerous miles. but also dangerous (what if he was drunk and the cop only made him nervous) putting other drivers on the road at risk. (stupid)

alot of thing may have happened in the cops eyes that made this situation suspicious. but it all could have been avoided if the police officer was doing his job in the first place.

if he sees anyone breaking the law. he should pull them over. end of story.
My sentiments exactly..had I been some "reckless or inattentive driver [who was] majorly wasted on alcohol or crank or crack or meth or heroin or who knows what!!!!!" and was allowed to drive for 15+ miles, what kind of damage could I have caused to many other people along the way? 15 miles on a freeway is a long distance with many other cars that are potentially in danger. Even when i hit the city I drove for another mile or 2 before he pulled me over. How much damage could I have caused then? I could have hit pedestrians, parked cars, or maybe an effin house!!! And then who's fault would it have been? Yes mine but the guilt of allowing it to happen would've fallen on the cop who didn't do his job 15 miles back.
Thank goodness I wasn't one of those guys..just someone wantin to get somewhere too quickly.
Even if I had thot to pull over into a gas station..there is only one other exit from the time when I realized the cop was tailin me to when I got off the freeway..and I passed that when I thot the cop had gotten held up in traffic. Other than that..just a dark highway..
Thanks for the support Rockstar!!

Last edited by '02_TL-S; 05-31-2009 at 12:36 PM.
Old 05-31-2009, 12:39 PM
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
yeah..i dont underdsdtand the whole following for miles on end..obviously he knows you DONT know he's a cop..whats the point of following someone like that..to make them nervous and freak them out..so they could issue more tickets???i dont see why he didnt pull you over the min he saw you make a infraction..ASSHOLES!!
Old 05-31-2009, 12:44 PM
Traded in my

^^That's what I keep askin myself. If the tic really is for the stunts I pulled in Woodburn, then I'm going to fight it because those were when he had freaked me out to the point where I made some very stupid and hasty decisions.
Old 05-31-2009, 01:17 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 3,063 Likes on 2,119 Posts
My sentiments exactly..had I been some "reckless or inattentive driver [who was] majorly wasted on alcohol or crank or crack or meth or heroin or who knows what!!!!!" and was allowed to drive for 15+ miles, what kind of damage could I have caused to many other people along the way? 15 miles on a freeway is a long distance with many other cars that are potentially in danger. Even when i hit the city I drove for another mile or 2 before he pulled me over. How much damage could I have caused then? I could have hit pedestrians, parked cars, or maybe an effin house!!! And then who's fault would it have been? Yes mine but the guilt of allowing it to happen would've fallen on the cop who didn't do his job 15 miles back.
Thank goodness I wasn't one of those guys..just someone wantin to get somewhere too quickly.
Even if I had thot to pull over into a gas station..there is only one other exit from the time when I realized the cop was tailin me to when I got off the freeway..and I passed that when I thot the cop had gotten held up in traffic. Other than that..just a dark highway..
Thanks for the support Rockstar!!
But how is the cop supposed to know you arent??? Your behavior on the road was more than enough to warrant him pulling you over. The time spent behind you may have been for running your plates to see your reaction (sometimes bad as its an intimidating move) or to see if you had warrants. You act as though you are the innocent one here and a victim
Old 05-31-2009, 01:37 PM
Traded in my

Originally Posted by fsttyms1
But how is the cop supposed to know you arent??? Your behavior on the road was more than enough to warrant him pulling you over. The time spent behind you may have been for running your plates to see your reaction (sometimes bad as its an intimidating move) or to see if you had warrants. You act as though you are the innocent one here and a victim
I understand he had no way of knowing if I really was or not..but my driving wasn't erratic..I wasn't swerving back in forth in my lane..used my turn signals every lane change..didn't vary my speed except for when I tried to pull away from him or slow down for other traffic. My behavior on the road was obviously not a good enough reason for him to pull me over because he didn't immediately.
Bottom line: When he should have pulled me over for the 2 or 3 lane changes, he didn't. The excessive amount of time (15+ mins) he spent behind me was more than enough for him to run my plates, check for warrants, etc, etc. When I performed the reckless maneuvers, he had followed me through multiple turns onto different roads in a city and never turned his lights on. What am I supposed to think..he's going to the same place?!?!
I am not innocent..I have admitted what I did but the fact of the matter is that if I did get cited for what happened in Woodburn, then I will fight it because those maneuvers would never have happened if he had just flipped the switch 10 miles back. He should have done his job immediately..
Old 05-31-2009, 04:49 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 3,063 Likes on 2,119 Posts
I understand he had no way of knowing if I really was or not..but my driving wasn't erratic..I wasn't swerving back in forth in my lane..used my turn signals every lane change..didn't vary my speed except for when I tried to pull away from him or slow down for other traffic. My behavior on the road was obviously not a good enough reason for him to pull me over because he didn't immediately.
Bottom line: When he should have pulled me over for the 2 or 3 lane changes, he didn't. The excessive amount of time (15+ mins) he spent behind me was more than enough for him to run my plates, check for warrants, etc, etc. When I performed the reckless maneuvers, he had followed me through multiple turns onto different roads in a city and never turned his lights on. What am I supposed to think..he's going to the same place?!?!
I am not innocent..I have admitted what I did but the fact of the matter is that if I did get cited for what happened in Woodburn, then I will fight it because those maneuvers would never have happened if he had just flipped the switch 10 miles back. He should have done his job immediately..
Bottom line is what he did stinks but you shouldnt have performed any of the reckless maneuvers without understanding that there may be consequences for them.
Old 05-31-2009, 06:40 PM
Team Owner

I was under the impression this was a total `undercover cop`
as in no lights built into the rearview mirror- no spotlights on the mirrors
no lights behind the front grille, a plain everyday truck- even if the OP couldnt tell at night-
No uniform- plain clothing

when it stopped, what was it??-
More like a city cop on the freeway or a sherriff tailing you to a hiway patrol- or whatever agency??

Or just an `unmarked hiway patrol` car which are often white camaros or mustangs, with stealthy lights hidden in around the car

The dark colored pickup truck style ones are more for semi-truck inspection and speed enforcement teams- thats in Ca, probably make those cars and trucks in huge batches and sell to many states

Watch `cops` on tv- and `speeders` etc to see their view, and as fsttyms said -they are running plate etc. May take some time if the computers are down or slow, but they want to know if there are warrants or weapons notes on the registered owner
If thats the case- its a way different guns really drawn- out of the car- hands on head- sir you have warrants-

I know many officers from car racing club-and track days where they volunteer as instructors!! --
a hot lap or 3 as a passenger in their ~personal street car~ is an experience not to be missed
Most are very cool people off duty and are happy to give advice on what attracts their attention on the road, how to not get SHOT in a traffic stop ---

on stupid questions:
The Cop never ask you a question they dont already know the answer!
Is this your car?
They know who its registered to- they want to see if the registered owner is driving,,,many times its not, now- does this driver have a VALID license and permission of the owner to operate the car- `whats your friends name who loaned you the car????` hmmm thats not the registered owners name,,maybe this car is recently stolen and not reported yet...

For you in your car- you are who you say you are, before even seeing your license! You have verified info with positive correct answers- good- probably not wasted~

You are fine so far now, lets move to `any guns knives anything in or near your hands that CAN keep the Officer from going home safely at the end of the work day?

That seems reasonable to me, I want to come home alive and uninjured at the end of my day--dont you?
No Sir- there are no weapons in the car, No al qauidi terrorist in the trunk- no WMDs-
believe it or not- cops really do ask- got any guns knives hand grenades WMDs
if you dont laugh and say Hand grenades-WMDs! thats funny- NO sir - nothing like that at all---they will get suspicious- you are too nervous
No, there are no drugs

(Hint if you are holding- dont speed or otherwise give reason to be pulled over~)

IMO there are conflicting statements in the OP and follow up
If you had been weaving and a real danger beyond what you were doing, enforcement stop may have happened sooner,
but- they try to pull you over where it is a relatively safe area- so they dont get hit by traffic standing next to your car on the side of the road, or get pushed into it...
The stopping officer did say he waiting ahead for you at some point?- but you turned off- maybe that was a safer place to them???--
again, think of crazy people and officer safety- until they talk to you they dont know whats going on--
I dont care what color you are- thats how it is everywhere

a whole 20k in one year!! how many crashes and tickets are you supposed to get?? How many track day or high performace driving schools have you done with the TL?

Hey kris- you drive 50k miles ++ in a year in your TL,,what do you think??
I think the number should be zero
let the inattentive driver who wants to pass me going 20 faster than traffic go on by... and meet the police hiding in the bushes- save the rest of us

I thought the purpose of this board is sharing info and opinions- this thread should be posted in ramblings,,, Not everyone has to defend or support any OP-
Giving the other side- its called ~playing the devils advocate~
to help you understand a diifernt view of a story--put yourself in someones shoes--that sort of thinking

It would be great to see the video of all this- maybe they will play it for you in court-or get it before court with an attorney--
Of course, when the video also shows the officer car speedo- its pretty hard to say you were not going that speed,, and faster,, as you pull away

Yes, many cops suck and are rolling bad attitudes with guns
Surprisingly- so are many drivers!

Last edited by 01tl4tl; 05-31-2009 at 06:45 PM.
Old 05-31-2009, 06:45 PM
wham bam thank you ma'am

Received 41 Likes on 36 Posts
the tahos have the strobs in the headlights, looks more sleeker. but u should have noticed the spot lights or some light in in front of the rear mirror.
Old 05-31-2009, 07:52 PM
Ya....It's an Acura

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

nahh dude it has nothing to do with race, I ask the same thing when I make stops. Chances are it was slow night and you whippin around in the TL was the best thing goin on in his district

you were just at the wrong place at the wrong time

Quick Reply: Got pulled over last night...