Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2004, 12:39 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
got my car back from the dealer

in reference to this post:

Originally Posted by car_lost
and this is the list of stuff being replaced:

throttle body (idle was fluctuating, i thought it would be either the o2 sensor or IACV but i guess not)

transmission along with oil jet (surprise surprise)

timing belt recall (never had it done so i figured why not)

rubber windshield trim (it was starting to come out of place from the sun i guess)

shiny black trim around windows (both side had wrinkles... takes 3 to 4 days to fix)

dashboard (it warped from the sun were the vents by the windshiels are. i could see the
yellow foam underneath the black material)

both front seat rails or w/e it is (both front seats would squeak everytime someone moves)

right rear speaker (it was blown... go figure how a speaker would blow on a stock system)

battery (i made the appointment to take it on on a tuesday and the battery died the next day)

new rotors and pads (surprise, they warped yet again for the 3rd time)

and thats all i can think of for now... PS.. ALL of it is covered.
so i got my car back.

-it turns out that they replaced the IACV and NOT the throttle body.
-they replaced the transmission and installed the oil jet.
-they did the timing belt tensioner recall.
-replaced the rubber mouldign around the windshield and installed a new windshield along with it due to that fact that they cracked the original one.
-they replaced the battery and wanted to charge me $80 for it. i told them hell no and i went and bought one and took it to them.
-they were NOT going to replace my brakes and pads but they DID end up resurfacing them FOR THE THRID TIME. thats right, they have been resurfaced THREE time by the dealer. is this safe?

now for what they FUCKED up...

-first of all, it took them THREE fucking weeks to get this shit done. if i would of left it to get the shiny trim around the windows fixed it would of been another 3 or 4 days. but i needed my car back so i said fuck that shit.

-they replaced the dashboard BUT the little air vents that are near the windshield at the end of the dash were warped as well and they DID NOT repalce them with new ones. they used the same old warped ones which fit like crap. they are ordering new ones.

-the passenger side air bag cover does NOT sit flush with the dashboard. theres two "corners" that stick out like a sore thumb. there was a 3rd corner but i pushed it in and it stayed in place... the other ones wont stay. i dont know how they are going to fix it, nor do i care as long as it gets done.

-they were so "NICE" that they decided to remove a couple of scratches from my RAZO aftermarket shift knob. now the shift knob is loose. it doesnt pull off but it turn loosely. looks like they fucked up the adpater i had made for it to fit nice and snug. THANKS A LOT FUCK FACE. oh and it STILL has scratches. their response: "oh well, we removed some of the bigger scratches but it was always loose like that." thats nice but did i even ask for you to fucking fix it when it wasnt even broken?!?!?!?!

-they couldnt replicate the seat squeak.... its like, did u even sit in the god damn car? or were you too busy blasting my radio? i disconnected the sub and when i got it back, it was re-connected.... dip shits.

-last thing... the rpm's dont fluctuate when the car is idle or stopped BUT when im stopped... the idle is like at a little less than 500RPM. isnt it supposed to be like 750 or 800? i noticed this after i left.
Old 10-28-2004, 01:15 PM
Drifting

Received 30 Likes on 16 Posts
yo man, i feel your heat with the dealers...but unfort there is no where else we can take our cars..i have the extended 100K warranty, and i prob drop it off to the dealer once every two months to have something or another done. luckily, my dealer (brigdewater in NJ) is pretty good with the car, and usually address most issues. Only thing i can complain about is they FUCKED up my windsheild, when they replaced in with a new one...it sqeaks like crazy...it sounds real bad when i hit a bump...but last time they put me up in an RL loaner hehe..
Old 10-28-2004, 01:23 PM
Banned

yea man, all the service writer in this oen are new. i wish the old ones were still there. they were MUCH better and htey actually returned your phone calls. i'll be lucky to get in touch with mine once a week.
Old 10-28-2004, 05:45 PM
Racer

i dont want to sound like a dick but what the hell do you want the dealer to do all that work in a week. they probably didnt have the trans for a week. and the tensioner and dash both are time consuming jobs. some other dealers would probably let the car sit around for a month before they even start working on it.
Old 10-28-2004, 06:16 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by nick04tl
i dont want to sound like a dick but what the hell do you want the dealer to do all that work in a week. they probably didnt have the trans for a week. and the tensioner and dash both are time consuming jobs. some other dealers would probably let the car sit around for a month before they even start working on it.
well, considering they had ordered the parts before i left my car there, i think im entitled to be pissed.
Old 10-28-2004, 06:34 PM
UB6IB9

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Is the timing belt tensioner recall something new?Cause i never heard of it.
Old 10-28-2004, 07:35 PM
Sig Rho's Finest

Originally Posted by car_lost
well, considering they had ordered the parts before i left my car there, i think im entitled to be pissed.

hot deyum that does suck balls. which dealer was this?!
Old 10-28-2004, 10:21 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 1st timer
Is the timing belt tensioner recall something new?Cause i never heard of it.
no, its not new. its been out for quite some time now.
Old 10-28-2004, 10:22 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by tpatel
hot deyum that does suck balls. which dealer was this?!
esserman acura

and a new development... i just found a screw in my cup holder.
Old 10-29-2004, 08:17 AM
Drifting

Received 30 Likes on 16 Posts
haha, lol, the service advisors changed over at tht dealer as well...luckily they seem to know wht they are doing, and are real lenient lol
Old 10-29-2004, 02:06 PM
Burning Brakes

Doral Autotek

Look up these guys if you are unhappy with Esserman (can't see how you ain't if everyone else and their mother are). They are the Acura head mechanic and others that have worked on Acuras for over 13 years. They know their shit and have the location with resources to take care of your ride. ESSERMAN sucks BIG TIME. My friend's CL was in there for one thing and they would fix that and he'd get his car back and WHOA! there would be a big scratch on the car... THEY SUCK. Go investigate Doral Autotek on 14th street off 107th avenue. You will NOT be dissappointed.
Old 10-29-2004, 02:21 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by stiletto
Look up these guys if you are unhappy with Esserman (can't see how you ain't if everyone else and their mother are). They are the Acura head mechanic and others that have worked on Acuras for over 13 years. They know their shit and have the location with resources to take care of your ride. ESSERMAN sucks BIG TIME. My friend's CL was in there for one thing and they would fix that and he'd get his car back and WHOA! there would be a big scratch on the car... THEY SUCK. Go investigate Doral Autotek on 14th street off 107th avenue. You will NOT be dissappointed.
haha, this is were im going. one of my friends told me about. my old service writer used to be mike. he works there right? do you know the exact address to this place?