Got in a lil fender bender today

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2004, 08:59 PM
ASSEMBLED TO PERFECTION

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Got in a lil fender bender today

Okay so i was backing out and i looked back and didnt see anyone, i stopped lookin for 1 sec and someone flew by while i was backin out and i hit them. So the guys like what u wanna do, and i told em i'll pay for the damage, cuz his car had the pass. door scratched up and a lil dented. Then he said how much you think it's gonna cost, i said prolly like 200, and then tol him that i'd give him 200 and if it ends up costing more then ill pay the difference. But now I gotta fix my car. My half red half clear tail light got scratched up, 3 deep scratches. I got them from matrix racing , he said he can get me the driver side one for $112 shipped. Now the thing is , My bumper on the driver side corner, gots a dent. Like someone punched it really hard, It looks like it can be popped out. And the bumper got scratched up a lil around that area, also my body kit got a bit paint scrapped off too.

Now my question is how much do you think its gonne cost me to get my rear bumper and rear lip to get painted?
Old 06-26-2004, 09:59 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oh man you should have gone w/ insurance. A parking lot wreck almost always goes 50/50 no fault. But that wasnt the Q so. here you go, they have to blend the paint into the adjacent panels and then clear coat all the panels effected, probably 1200-1400. To go cheap you can take the part off and carry them in. It saves alot of labor and there's no blend job. I prefer this route only because it forces them to do a good match on the paint and noy just blend the differance so you cant see it. also find a shop that uses a handheld Laser color matcher.
Old 06-26-2004, 10:32 PM
ASSEMBLED TO PERFECTION

wat the hell r u talkin bout man? 1200-1500 to paint my rear bumper? I can get my whole car painted for that much?? Can someone gimme a real quote?, Anyone got there bumper painted?
Old 06-26-2004, 10:45 PM
Burning Brakes

2 years ago i got hit from behind, i got my back bumper replaced and painted for ~$700
Old 06-26-2004, 10:56 PM
What your problem is?

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
BlacAcc, where the hell did you get your entire car painted for $1200-$1400??? My bumber cost $400 to get painted and then another $150 for the labor....
Old 06-27-2004, 12:02 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by BLaCk Acc
wat the hell r u talkin bout man? 1200-1500 to paint my rear bumper? I can get my whole car painted for that much?? Can someone gimme a real quote?, Anyone got there bumper painted?
not at all If you read my post you can get just the bumper done for cheap, But most places will want to blend it in to the rest of the car so basicly thier painting half the car.

But hey you can get the whole car done for 299.99 at One Day, so the bumper should only be like 20 bux,RIGHT!?!?
Old 06-27-2004, 01:47 AM
Advanced

my estimate would probablly be the same as yield2S....my car's back bumper got hit whcih got scratched up including the side quarter panel last year. since our car's all have a metallic paint job on it, i think it's called a 3-stage paint job. to do everything correctly, they would have to paint the bumper, then paint your trunk including the quarter panels. to blend in the paint correctly.

i bought my car used and the previous owner had the front bumper painted before. they got a very crappy job done on it and it looks terrible. it's not that noticeable but if i point it out to my friends, they can tell. the bottom of the front bumper isn't even fully painted, there are tape marks all over the bottom. i suggest you to just pay the full amount and have them blend everything, this way you won't regret it in the future.

i can post some pics later and show you the damage that was done to my car.....it doenst' look like $1600 worht of damages but it is. the insurance guy quoted everything that needed to be done. 1600 is including parts/labor which was a new bumper but i didn't get the new bumper, just had it repaired...you can't even tell soemthing happened to it.
Old 06-27-2004, 01:49 AM
Dragging knees in

Received 32 Likes on 21 Posts
A new bumper would cost about 250 dollars, and a paint job about 200-300 dollars. The paint job price might go up if you decided to use the current bumper, because then they would have to sand it down and prep it.
Old 06-27-2004, 04:23 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Originally Posted by yield2S
But most places will want to blend it in to the rest of the car so basicly thier painting half the car.
If any bodyshop tells you this, you best find another competent shop. :sqnteek:
Old 06-27-2004, 10:51 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by Lawaia
If any bodyshop tells you this, you best find another competent shop. :sqnteek:
blending is still part of the process during a paint job...when the insurance guy quoted and did the estimates for everything, the paint job for blending was on there.
Old 06-27-2004, 01:37 PM
ASSEMBLED TO PERFECTION

mannn wat u mean i gotta blend it in wit the rest? my cars black if you cant tell from my sn, its not hard at all to blend in black, i got in an accident in the front, and they painted the front hood, bumper and driver side fender, i cant even tell the difference from the rest of the car.

200-400 sounds more reasonable, i gotta pay for this my self, so im not tryna take it to a rip off body shop, and from the looks of it, i don't think im gonna have to replace the bumper.
Old 06-27-2004, 01:46 PM
Dragging knees in

mannn wat u mean i gotta blend it in wit the rest? my cars black if you cant tell from my sn, its not hard at all to blend in black, i got in an accident in the front, and they painted the front hood, bumper and driver side fender, i cant even tell the difference from the rest of the car.

200-400 sounds more reasonable, i gotta pay for this my self, so im not tryna take it to a rip off body shop, and from the looks of it, i don't think im gonna have to replace the bumper.
eric's right, though. The body shop most likely painted your doors, as well. Blending is a must in the painting process and although it may seem like they didn't touch your doors, I'm sure they painted them to blend in the paint from the rear of the car to the newly painted front bumper/hood/fenders.
Old 06-27-2004, 06:45 PM
Burning Brakes

Take it to Earl Shive
Old 06-27-2004, 11:33 PM
ASSEMBLED TO PERFECTION

Originally Posted by Pure Adrenaline
eric's right, though. The body shop most likely painted your doors, as well. Blending is a must in the painting process and although it may seem like they didn't touch your doors, I'm sure they painted them to blend in the paint from the rear of the car to the newly painted front bumper/hood/fenders.
dude how u gonna tell me its my car, i went to the body shop like every other day becuz it was rite by my house, i saw them having my hood and fender sanded and the new front bumper ready for paint. they didnt no blend nothing in, they said with black, its not hard at all the match the paint and they were right, a color like silver or white is harder to match the rest of the car with, but they didnt paint my doors or nothing, and they only painted one fender and the other looks the same, my friends cant even tell its been in a wreck. so there for eric is wrong as far as black goes. On other colors it might be required.
Old 06-28-2004, 12:13 PM
Instructor

Whatever u do, don't take it to the dealership THEY WILL MILK U BIG TIME . My girlfriend scratched my bumper once and she took the car to dealership without me knowing and those bastards charged her $400 for a scratch that was less an inch long.
Old 06-29-2004, 12:07 AM
ASSEMBLED TO PERFECTION

okay so for all the people that thought it was gonna cost a grand or somethin, U WERE WRONG. My friends refered me to a body shop , 2 of them got there cars painted from there and they came out good, i went there with a friend, and hes going to pop the dent out and repaint my bumper, and he hooked me up with a deal, i got a pretty deep key make on my quarter panel and back door from when i bought the car, and hes going to paint that and the bumper and all of that, for guess how much?? 350!! thats right. I seen some of this body shops work and its good!, I spoke with the owner, his RX-7 with celica head lights (BADD ASS) won hot import nights not too long ago. For those of u that gave me realistic quotes thanks!
Old 06-29-2004, 12:13 AM
Dragging knees in

dude how u gonna tell me its my car, i went to the body shop like every other day becuz it was rite by my house, i saw them having my hood and fender sanded and the new front bumper ready for paint. they didnt no blend nothing in, they said with black, its not hard at all the match the paint and they were right, a color like silver or white is harder to match the rest of the car with, but they didnt paint my doors or nothing, and they only painted one fender and the other looks the same, my friends cant even tell its been in a wreck. so there for eric is wrong as far as black goes. On other colors it might be required.

Sorry, but no. My friend's '95 GS-R was black, but it's the special variance with metal flakes in it. You have to do a meticulous job in order to match that perfectly. The shop painted his fenders THREE times before it was matched perfectly (and I mean perfectly). Then again, this is probably one of the best shops in town as far as paintjobs are concerned. They don't accept "OK" as good enough. His doors were also repainted to blend in the paint.

My brother's '01 Eclipse GT-PP had both doors painted to be blended when the only damage to the car was the front bumper, driver's side fender and the hood.

So yeah, it just depends on which shop you take it to.

I'm not trying to pick an argument with you. I'm just stating what I've seen and heard.

Good luck getting your car fixed.
Old 06-29-2004, 12:21 AM
ASSEMBLED TO PERFECTION

pure adrenaline- I believe you because same thing happend with my friends civic but it was green, but honestly in my car i could not even tell the difference from the orignal paint nor could my friends. But either way im gettin the quarter panel and back door painted cuz of the key mark so if does need to get blended in, it will. Thanks anyways im sure you were just tryna help me from what u know, sorry for bein an ass if i was lol,