got the 2002 TL (base) in NJ

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2001, 10:54 PM

Post got the 2002 TL (base) in NJ

Hello all, finalized a lease through my credit union today for a lease on the 2002 TL. The car is being purchased from Springfield Acura on Rt.22. If you are goint to use this dealer, I highly recommend talking to David Eaglesham. He was by far the best Acura salsemen I've dealt with out of 4 different Acura dealerships in NJ I went to. Price given to the credit union was $800 off of MSRP. Got the lease for 39 months/15k miles per year for $451/month. Only $100 security deposit drive off cost. Pretty good deal. I originally wanted the 2001 TL, but they could not find a silver one left around here so I opted for the 2002 for $28 more a month.

Getting a silver without the navigation by the way. Picking it up Friday, can't wait!
Old 03-22-2001, 04:56 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sweet, I've heard a lot of positive experiences with Springfield Acura, since they are right by me, I'll give them a try. Montclair Acura was a mixed experience...
Old 03-22-2001, 08:42 AM

Brian, that's fantastic news! You're going to absolutely love this car, and you're getting it for a reasonable deal. I haven't even scratched the surface with all this car has in it, but got a kick this morning when I was backing up to see the passenger sideview mirror tilting downward automatically so I could see what I was doing. It then went back to the original position when I put the car into drive. Great colors (silver/ebony), great stereo (IMO), great decision to lease.

Enjoy!!

Chris
Old 03-22-2001, 12:14 PM

Originally posted by dcdomain:
Sweet, I've heard a lot of positive experiences with Springfield Acura, since they are right by me, I'll give them a try. Montclair Acura was a mixed experience...
Yes Montclair Acura was not so good, but only because the salsemen couldnt speak english that well. Brunswick Acura sucked, the guy wouldn;t even quote me lease numbers after the test drive. The Acura in Wayne rubbed me the wrong way as well. Overall Springfield was the best, I went there for 2 test drives.

Old 03-22-2001, 12:44 PM
Instructor

Brian, the person you spoke with at Montclair, was it a skinny average height/tall tanned asian guy? Cuz he was the one that turned me away from that dealership. There was another guy I dealt with before him and the experience was fantastic. I said to myself, I would definitely come back and when I did, I got that other guy who has left a sour taste in my mouth. Isn't there a dealership somewhere on Route 10? Denville? Did you have any experiences with them?
Old 03-22-2001, 01:28 PM

I was thinkijng of leasing in NJ, instead of NY, what is the tax in NJ, and do you have to pay it up front? By the way, congrats on a beatiful car .
Old 03-22-2001, 03:42 PM

Yes te guy in the Acura of Montclair was a tal skinny asian guy. He seemed to know his stuff, except his english was hard to understand. I didn't go to the Acura in Denville on Rt. 10. I went to Wayne Acura and the guy there was going to let me test drive the TL-S but he comes back saying they dont have any to test drive.

Well all I can say is deal with David Eaglesham at Springfield Acura on Rt. 22. He was the best over any of the others. The other guys were a bunch of slimy old fart types who rubbed me the wrong way

You dont have to pay the NJ sales tax up front, it is factored into the monthly lease payment in NJ. I believe its %6.

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial">[This message has been edited by brn5336 on March 22, 2001 @ ]</font>
Old 03-22-2001, 03:53 PM
slickTL17

Originally posted by brn5336:
Hello all, finalized a lease through my credit union today for a lease on the 2002 TL. The car is being purchased from Springfield Acura on Rt.22. If you are goint to use this dealer, I highly recommend talking to David Eaglesham. He was by far the best Acura salsemen I've dealt with out of 4 different Acura dealerships in NJ I went to. Price given to the credit union was $800 off of MSRP. Got the lease for 39 months/15k miles per year for $451/month. Only $100 security deposit drive off cost. Pretty good deal. I originally wanted the 2001 TL, but they could not find a silver one left around here so I opted for the 2002 for $28 more a month.

Getting a silver without the navigation by the way. Picking it up Friday, can't wait!
Really? I dealt with Dave too but wasn't impressed at all. He actually said that maybe teh car wasn't for me. What!!! Is this guy kidding me? He looked at me and said that the price I quoted him was unreasonable. So I took my biz elsewhere and got it at the price I originally quoted him.

MOFO

At least someone had pleasant experience

I guess I look poor

Oh Welcome to the family

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial">[This message has been edited by slickTL17 on March 22, 2001 @ ]</font>
Old 03-22-2001, 04:02 PM
Instructor

post some pics

------------------
'91 Honda Accord
'01 Mazda Millenia
Old 03-22-2001, 05:20 PM
Instructor

Damn, I'm relatively young, 19 years old, and have never dealt with car sales personnel much. I read those guides on the net and all your experiences and am still apprehensive about the day I have to go in and get everything laid out. I don't want my parents doing anything for me since they don't really follow up much on this stuff (they did get an awesome lease deal on my current QX4 though... probably because we leased two at the same time and had dealt with the dealership before).

Anyway, do you guys have any pointers? I don't want to come in and say, look this is the price I'm looking for, because in actuality I'm not sure what a good price for this car is. Because the demand is there, I don't want them laughing me out.

The strategy I am currently going to follow is to email them all with the options/colors and everything else I want with the price I'm willing to pay (although at this time, I'm not sure what price I should quote). And then have them play off each other. But I'm afraid when we sit down to do the paperwork, they'll screw me over in some other way...

Anyone with prior experiences want to coach me through? =)
Old 03-22-2001, 06:12 PM

Have you reviewed www.carbuyingtips.com ? It is very informative and a fun read. Good luck!
Old 03-22-2001, 08:17 PM
Instructor

"Got the lease for 39 months/15k miles per year for $451/month"

Is this Type S or regular TL? You didn't mention it although this is a Type S discussion board. Just double checking. I got my 99 TL from New Brunswick, and 94 Integra in Springfield.