Good and Bad Shops in Toronto/GTA!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2004, 07:54 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good and Bad Shops in Toronto/GTA!!!

Wanted to start this thread because many of us in TO/GTA are into tuning out cars but lets face it, many places don't know or haven't had much experience with TL/CLs.

Some guys just assume they can just swap everything directly from an Accord while otherguys just don't put the same amount of care into this car cause they just see it as an Accord.

I'll start with a name of a few good shops in TO/GTA...

Derrick @ Imperial Automotive on Heritage Road in Markham - he ie a mechanic and his partner does electronics (ICE, alarms, etc.) - awesome guys, good prices and pays attention to detail but he can get busy at times. He will usually stay open until the work is done rather than leave right at 6pm

Jack @ KKT Automotive on Heritage Road in Markham - he does body work and painting - he id an affiliate for the toronto prelude club (does a lot of their body kits for the club guys). He does amazing work and has a good reputation on the forums. His prices are decent but his work is perfect...

Bad shops...

427 Auto collision in Etobicoke - they are expensive and they are high volume. They repainted my good and it looked like shit...fisheyes, imperfection etc...don't get your work done there.

Anybody else???? I was thinking if we find a good shop, then all the INSPIRED CANADA guys can go to one place and get decent prices kinda like the an affiliate for the TO/GTA guys...
Old 07-07-2004, 08:30 AM
Drifting

Car Wings Auto does excellent body work and stands by it.

Speedtech has good pricing and reasonable service on suspension.

Steelcase Tires has great prices and are very knowledgeble. Ask for Dave and tell him Hemant sent you and you'll be taken care of. The non-Dave price is slightly higher :-)
Old 07-07-2004, 08:32 AM
Team INSPIRE Canada

Hobes, very good idea!

GOOD Shop for the West End /they do EVERYTHING!
White Line Auto Service (905) 670-7736 Ask for Kenny
6190 Atlantic Dr
Mississauga,ON..... Dixie + 401 area
I'll see if Kenny's interested into setting discount deals for Team INSPIRE

BAD shops in the West End.....
Queensway VW <- mech/body work + Tint King on Queensway + ALL Canadian Tires!
Old 07-07-2004, 10:45 AM
2400 Watts in a TL...Why?

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Stay away from "Noyz Boyz" in Scarbourough. I though because of thier "known" name they would have goo service.. they butchered my exhaust and ruined my warranty - because I was there in the waiting room while it was done - "I" should have told them not to cut into the cataletic converter and weld on to that.. The cat went a week later and because of the butcher job, Warranty wouldnt cover it.

COMPLETE RETARDS!! I have the ability to sue them over what they have done, I have legal grounds and all of the info I need.. I just chalked it up as a learning experience...

If I get really pissed I'll just go and "take a look at" the idiot owner's Viper (SCRAAAATCH) , it's parked outside the damn shop all the time.

in fact stay away from "Noize Boys" in Aurora too, they are a stereo store/meat market (butchers) I have known the owners since elementary school, they are drucken idiots, will drink and smoke while working on customers cars, and are generally terrible people to deal with.. save your money and patients,

DO NOT GO TO THE "NOISE BOYZ" IN AURORA OR THE "NOYS BOYS" IN SCARBOUROUGH...TAKE MY ADVICE AND "SAVE, YOUR MONEY"(ing Direct pun)
Old 07-07-2004, 12:10 PM
Team Inspire Canada

nozy boyz are way too expensive and like residual says not worth the trouble to put yourself through....
Old 07-07-2004, 12:47 PM
Drifting

Terrace Gate Acura - two big thumbs DOWN. very slimey, blatent liars, these guys make used car salesmen look good
Old 07-07-2004, 12:51 PM
Racer

I dont know... I had my Bumper painted at 427 Auto and they did a fine job. They are expensive though and go by the book for the labour rates. I guess you gotta know them contacts is everything. They are the approved repair facility for Sherway Acura.

Aside from that my buddy (also a TL owner and a qualified mechanic) does all my mod-work and the dealer for semi-annual routine maintenance. If anyone wants to do any mod install PM me and I'll ask him. Note: I trust him more than any other mechanics to touch my car.
Old 07-07-2004, 04:28 PM
Instructor

Yeah i had warranty work and aftermarket work done at 427...they suck ass. I know the ppl too. Their sales ppl are awesome but they don't do quality work...trust me, have your hood repainted and see how long it lasts. Their paint is even worse then factory paint for stone chips. I had stone chips again after 4 days...so now it is being redone at KKT...I have seen their work and i was most impressed by a CRX that was done 4 years ago...no stone chips and he races the car...thoroughly impressed...
Old 07-07-2004, 08:07 PM
Instructor

Watch out for Stern Acura...they're kinda bad I think...Today I went to my local mechanic and got my lower ball joint changed and they noticed that my left front caliper missing one bolt and only one bolt holding it and could come off and very unsafety at all ..They said I was lucky and replace it for me ......Because I did went to acura to do Type 2 service and they inspect brakes and shit I think . So my guess that they took those caliper bolts off and forgot to put one back..thats stupid and they also gave me a wack free car wash. After i notice there is couple scatched on my door and fender. Watch out guyz
Old 07-07-2004, 08:19 PM
Instructor

Never ever get any acura to wash you car...they always have these kids who just need a summer job wash it...

Acura Woodbine is pretty good...they are the distributor for Comptech in Canada...
Old 07-07-2004, 09:49 PM
Pro

Tho i had no experience on Acura woodbine, but I know acura of north toronto is pretty bad. I once asked them to repaint the front lip for me, then when i picked up the car, i realized they painted my rear skirt instead. Second experience was that my brother ordered a new front lip for me, and after few weeks of waiting, they told me they didnt take the order. The worst is that once i picked up my car after service, they insist of driving the car up for me from the garage instead of me driving it. I realized something was wrong, when i shut off the car, the key got stucked in the ignition later found out the key was bent. Since then i say bye bye to North Toronto..stay away people
Old 07-08-2004, 06:38 AM
Team Inspire Canada

Originally Posted by -Rz-UA5
Tho i had no experience on Acura woodbine, but I know acura of north toronto is pretty bad. I once asked them to repaint the front lip for me, then when i picked up the car, i realized they painted my rear skirt instead. Second experience was that my brother ordered a new front lip for me, and after few weeks of waiting, they told me they didnt take the order. The worst is that once i picked up my car after service, they insist of driving the car up for me from the garage instead of me driving it. I realized something was wrong, when i shut off the car, the key got stucked in the ignition later found out the key was bent. Since then i say bye bye to North Toronto..stay away people

Rz-UA5 if i remember correctly you have the Mugen TL...with all of the crazy mods that i dream of.
Old 07-08-2004, 08:31 AM
Banned

OMG?...you too? Thats where I bought my car and had service done. I stopped going to them becasue they screwed up my alignment so much that my front tires were gone within 10k...i even wrote a letter to HONDA Canada about these idiots.

I goto to Acura East now in AJAX....excellent service and great people.

Originally Posted by hemants
Terrace Gate Acura - two big thumbs DOWN. very slimey, blatent liars, these guys make used car salesmen look good
Old 07-08-2004, 05:15 PM
Instructor

Good dealers

Acura in Markham is where I bought my '03 TL-S and have had it serviced there since new. Service is good, no problems at all.
Old 05-21-2005, 12:42 AM
Messaging Architect

Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler
Acura in Markham is where I bought my '03 TL-S and have had it serviced there since new. Service is good, no problems at all.

Now that it's 2 years past, would you still say Acura in Markham is good? Any service problems that came up? Thks.
Old 05-21-2005, 05:56 PM
Intermediate

try skyline tuning hwy 27 just north of hwy 7 ask for paul ,, best custom exhaust around and great parts showroom .... and if you go there tell him D.COSTA sent you, he,s a great guy........