going crazy

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2003, 10:45 PM
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
going crazy

Hey guys, this is my first post and I was wondering if anyone can assist me in an annoying delema. Everytime I turn my heater on there is a buzzing sound coming from it, can anyone help....its driving me nuts...any ideas?
Old 12-12-2003, 11:52 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 704 Likes on 546 Posts
Re: going crazy

Originally posted by Raptor
Hey guys, this is my first post and I was wondering if anyone can assist me in an annoying delema. Everytime I turn my heater on there is a buzzing sound coming from it, can anyone help....its driving me nuts...any ideas?
wow, i might be having the same issue. its probably not your heater, it could be your "mode" button. Try turning off climate control, and then press "mode" button to go through different modes, you might hear buzzing when going through some modes. it could be your mode motor or something. mine imakes noise when swithcing mode to "?feet and window", but the noise not very noticable so I can't really complain to the dealership.
a lot of cars with auto climate control make strange noises, its not normal, but I dont think its likely it will fail...
Old 12-13-2003, 03:23 AM
Comptech Freak

it's not that loud right??

i have my music on and i never hear anything
Old 12-13-2003, 10:02 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally posted by samkws
it's not that loud right??

i have my music on and i never hear anything
yeah, its not loud. In fact, you need to close your windows, park your car, turn off climate control ( to avoid noise from fan), and really listen to whats coming from a dash. then you might hear slight "buzzzz....." when you press "mode" buttton (assuming you have non-navi).
its not normal, i tried this in a new dealer TL loaner car(it was quiet).....
I dont know even bother mentioning this to a dealer, I would have to make them really listen for small buzzes, they might think you are crazzy

i checked my gf's Honda accord 2000, it also makes all kinds of noises when swiching different modes, and my parents 96 Nissan maxima is even more loud, but it still works... so I dont think it will break soon. Actually, my major concern is that this thing will fail once I am out of warranty, I dont really care about the noise. But its been a year, and the noise is the same (not worse, not better). I might mention it to my dealer before my warranty is over, this way it can be documented and if it fails later on they should cover it for free.

Anyone else can post some information of this issue? I am sure a lot of people have it, but very few actually listen for those noises (not everybody is so anal about their car like me )
Old 12-13-2003, 12:16 PM
Instructor

I have it too...almost like a leaf fluttering against the fan. The dealer looked and didn't find anything--perhaps it is just part of the car that can't be fixed.

Chris
Old 12-13-2003, 01:54 PM
Instructor

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
My guess based on what I have heard in the past is it is the fan motor itself causing the noise. They sometimes are like that brand new, and it sometimes develops over time.

I have had cars that did it and got used to it.

Our current TL does not do it though.

Good luck.
Old 12-13-2003, 02:07 PM
Comptech Freak

our auto climate system is much better than most cars...believe me...haha

others are soooo loud
Old 12-13-2003, 02:29 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally posted by ncelk
My guess based on what I have heard in the past is it is the fan motor itself causing the noise. They sometimes are like that brand new, and it sometimes develops over time.

I have had cars that did it and got used to it.

Our current TL does not do it though.

Good luck.
Fan motor is not involved, I am taking about "mode" button while climate control is off(obviously fan is off too), just changing air flow mode. There is a separate motor called "mode motor" which causes this buzzing noise. it looks like its comming from the motor.