Give up with CDR's in the TL - Need advice on aftermarket mp3 players/connection.

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2005, 10:50 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Give up with CDR's in the TL - Need advice on aftermarket mp3 players/connection.

Hi,

I've given up with trying to find something that will work with the factory CD player. I bought fuji film CDR's a couple of months ago and they worked PERFECTLY without any hesitation throughout the entire CD. Unfortunately, I didn't go back and buy more from the same batch that day but I bought the same kind a few weeks ago. When I burnt my CD, I tried playing it in my radio without success. Next, I found a program that would give you the manufacturer for any CDR so I put the CDR in that worked and found out it was made by Ritek. I went online and bought 100 Ritek CDRs and when I burnt a CD today with the new CDR, it didn't work AT ALL. Now I have 99 + 19 coasters sitting here and am not spending any more money on trying to find a CD that will work in the POS.

What I am trying to do instead and need your assistance on is hook up an aftermarket player to the factory radio. I do not want to change the factory head unit.

I saw a thread that talked about an IPOD connector that could be connected to the CD changer in the back of the radio and controlled with the factory head unit. I am very interested in this since it seems as the best way to get good quality out of the IPOD (FM transmitter has crap quality and tape converter isn't much better). Has anyone successfully done this?

Lastly, if I did not want to be limited to an IPOD, is there some sort of cable that would plug into the factory deck and provide RCA outputs?

Thanks much for your help.

Cheers,
Roshan
Old 04-08-2005, 11:16 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Same Shit Happen To Me

SAME SHIT HAPPEN TO ME
Old 04-09-2005, 12:24 AM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Got the neochanger (by SSI America) in my TL. 10 disc changer (uses only 6 discs of the 10, but who cares- leave the slots empty). Mounted it in the trunk where the stock one goes. Plays CDs of MP3s (so 99 max per CD * 6 CDs). Works rather well.
PLUS the converter box supports tons of makes (VW, Audi, GM, Ford, Honda, Acura, etc) so it's easy to get rid of when you sell the car.
Plays CD-R, CD-RW (which I fill with Mp3s) and any of those with MP3s.. oh and pressed CDs of course.

Got mine on e-bay for around 200CDN
Old 04-09-2005, 03:34 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Auxilary Interface
You'll find much more info in the Audio & Video forum.