GF said NO!!!!!!!!!! HELP!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2007 | 08:02 PM
OMGWTFVTEC

Originally Posted by S1CK TypeS
come on OP where you at, tell us what you think of our responses

my theory is his gf saw the thread and chopped his nuts off.......hes in recovery
haha... wouldnt surprise me one bit.

either that or as someone posted earlier, she took away his keyboard privileges as well.
Old 10-29-2007 | 08:15 PM
Its good to be FRESH!!

Old 10-30-2007 | 12:53 AM
Bippu Style only please

Eh, women are the way they are. You're going to get flak for no matter what you do, especially since you're still in that "highschool girlfriend drama" stage. Here's a VERY simple way to get out of this situation;

1: If you think she's worth being around, and getting yanked around by the leash you're on, then buy her some stupid jewelry every now and then. Girls like crap like that - i dunno why. Especially something that's shiny, and has her birthstone on it. A great way to spend 60 bucks is a pendant.

2: Dump her. You're 21. You don't need a woman who's going to tell you what to do all the time. Inevitably, you will break-up, get divorced, or end up strangling her because of the way she treats you. We (men) don't want any of that, especially the whole thing of going to jail and crap, this severely limits your time with your TL.

3: Don't tell her how much you spend on the parts. Just say you got a great deal on it, and NEVER show her your bank account. It's not fibbing to her if you did get a good deal on a part, and as long as she thinks you're a conscious consumer, she'll think better of you.

4: Dump her. Whoa, deja'vu. She's totally not worth it if she feels that you have to spend all your money, and time on her. Again, you're 21, and you'll see more booty with a tricked out TL than just the one that she has.

I dunno if this has already been touched in the last 4 pages already, but you need to get your manhood back, and tell her that if she has a problem with a hobby you like to do, that she needs to then stop doing all her hobbies and get on her knees every 3 hours....... If you know what I mean.
Old 10-30-2007 | 09:52 AM
B A N N E D

Originally Posted by 02AcTLS
you'll see more booty with a tricked out TL than just the one that she has.
bitches love tricked out TLs
Old 10-30-2007 | 09:56 AM
Instructor

see who wears the pants in the house......
Old 10-30-2007 | 09:56 AM
Instructor

I think the more important thing is for you to learn to structure your sentences. I couldn't understand a thing!
Old 10-30-2007 | 10:37 AM
Team Owner

I made a fatal mistake--- and let my wife know my azine handle one day

While she is on vacation and I am remodeling the house, (you young guys will learn about seperate vacations later in life) she emails and ask me to pick her up a few hours from home- a nice trip to the mountains.

She writes, You need to test all those new parts on the car dont you?????

Oooops- betrayed by my sig- good thing I didnt list the teins-

doh!
Old 10-30-2007 | 11:42 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by 01tl4tl

While she is on vacation and I am remodeling the house, (you young guys will learn about seperate vacations later in life) she emails and ask me to pick her up a few hours from home- a nice trip to the mountains.

doh!

hahaha. Nice. Like many have said. It is your car, and have a good time with it. Many girls are different, and many are the same. You just gotta make them understand that it's your hobby, and they shouldn't be telling you what to do at the same time. Relationships are about making both sides happy, not just yourself. And for those here who think I am the man, I have the stones, the balls, I don't care what you say. You can do that in a not so serious relationship, but when you do that in one that to a girl you really care about, she's not gonna put up with it, because it's just not mature and she'll just find someone else more mature. But hey, if you're still young, enjoy it!

I had my first car when I was 17. Messed with it to the bone. Then got another one, did the same. That car only lasted me 6 months with so many mods. Now, the TL, still gotta mod it. It's my vice. What can I say. I don't think I'll ever grow out of it.

Some of you may disagree or agree with that, but that's just my
Old 10-30-2007 | 11:49 AM
Lamborghini Aventador FTW

I made a fatal mistake--- and let my wife know my azine handle one day

doh!
Is your wife spying on you?
Old 10-30-2007 | 12:11 PM
Prick of the month

Originally Posted by myTaLizaS3.2
^^ of course. He sorta brought it among himself. But I see this site as if this was a community of friends helping each other out, kinda corny but you know what I mean. So you guys don't have to embarrass him to the core. Just my 2cents
I don't know about you, but if my friend came to me with a problem like this I would give him just as much shit as everyone else has. That's what friends are for...isn't it?
Old 10-30-2007 | 12:17 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by 02TLSfan
I don't know about you, but if my friend came to me with a problem like this I would give him just as much shit as everyone else has. That's what friends are for...isn't it?

Yeah, you're right. I would get a few laughs out, but I would be more considerate I guess. To each it's own.
Old 10-30-2007 | 12:35 PM
Team Owner

I totally forgot this internet thing can be looked at by anyone
So dear- if you're here- those things on the credit card from performancemax were ummm,ahhh

$2000 worth of Hi flow faucets
yea thats the ticket!! and that oven wasnt cheap either

Like others have said- its all a trade-off. She has her toys I have mine
Old 10-30-2007 | 12:40 PM
Burning Brakes

I totally forgot this internet thing can be looked at by anyone
So dear- if you're here- those things on the credit card from performancemax were ummm,ahhh

$2000 worth of Hi flow faucets
yea thats the ticket!! and that oven wasnt cheap either

Like others have said- its all a trade-off. She has her toys I have mine
Haha. Men like messing with their cars to make it look nicer. Women like to make their house look better.

Here's what I did.. buy something for my girlfriend that I know she likes, and in return she buys me something that I like for my car. So in a way, you're buying it for yourself. Win Win if you ask me.
Old 10-30-2007 | 12:46 PM
Instructor

well thanks for all the support ass holes the real reason why is i dont have any money and there is a baby on the way in 3 months so until then nothing thanks tho
Old 10-30-2007 | 12:51 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by MyPearl02
well thanks for all the support ass holes the real reason why is i dont have any money and there is a baby on the way in 3 months so until then nothing thanks tho
Well since you are having a baby soon, then you should sort out your priorities man. When I don't have money, I make sure my car note and other bills get paid for first, and then put some aside for savings, and put some aside for spending, and then some for my car. Tricking out your car should be the last thing on your list.

And I understand what your gf is doing too. So for the guys who made her sound like a bitch..maybe you should understand the entire problem before BBQing.
Old 10-30-2007 | 12:57 PM
Instructor

thats what im doing trying to get everything straight with bills and my house and my kid and my car BUT my car is staying clean that about the only thing ive done and tinted my tails! WAHOO!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-30-2007 | 01:01 PM
Burning Brakes

do the damn thing man. NBP!! wooooohooooo!
Old 10-30-2007 | 01:02 PM
Needs wheels

Unless you earn WAAAAYYYYY more than the average 21 year old, you shouldn't be too concerned with modding your car with a baby on the way...you should have said that from the beginning! A kid trumps a car any day...PRIORITIZE, MAN!
The only thing worse than being a pussy is being a deadbeat. You shouldn't need any of us to tell you what to do in this case....I'm done.
Old 10-30-2007 | 01:08 PM
Burning Brakes

^^ I'm sure he's a good guy. Just handle your business. And you shoulda mentioned that you had a baby coming in your first post.
Old 10-30-2007 | 01:08 PM
Lamborghini Aventador FTW

How was anyone supposed to know that if you didn't say it? :shakehead
Old 10-30-2007 | 01:15 PM
Instructor

sorry my bad
Old 10-30-2007 | 01:16 PM
2Poor 2Furious

:

doh!

Props to you, man. That's a lot of mods you put on without her knowing. Try pushing it some more - see if she notices some NOS next time you're at a light. haha.

And to the original op, props to you for taking care of your business with the baby coming. That takes balls, right there. If you posted that in the first place, there'd be so much less flaming.

I think its a matter of perspective for the gf. You're in the garage, doing your mods or reading up on forums. At least, that's better than out drunk with your single friends and trolling for tail as a wingman. Gfs should appreciate that you can't really get into relationship troubles with modding - except for when you eye-hump lustingly at someone else's modded car. When my gf catches me staring, she knows I'm staring at the car and not the hottie driving it.
Old 10-30-2007 | 01:23 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by t0ast
Gfs should appreciate that you can't really get into relationship troubles with modding - except for when you eye-hump lustingly at someone else's modded car. When my gf catches me staring, she knows I'm staring at the car and not the hottie driving it.

hahaha, i agree with you 100%. When I'm looking at a car and my gf catches me, she knows i'm not looking at the girl in the car, but I'm just checking out the car.
Old 10-30-2007 | 01:30 PM
Team Owner

Indeed
Much like the guy with trans prob who mentions in the end that he has a supercharger!
Ahh just the fine print maam~

So, she isnt your standard love/leave GF, she is the mother of your child.
Totalllly different relationship AND abilty to have a say in your finances.
We all can apprecitate the desire to mod the car and know what it cost.
You would do well to educate on baby supplies and thier cost
Makes coilovers seem like a bargain

Hang out at azine meets in your area, and learn what to in the meantime.
It took some other things getting paid off before my TL saw any mods

Keep the car easy riding and driving- its about to become a mom mobile.

With everything I have done now- the wife wants a newer TL with no mods for herself.
How many TLs can fit in the garage? 1,2, 2 and a half ~cruch~- 2 and a half
Old 10-30-2007 | 01:30 PM
Team Owner

And congratulations on becoming a father-
it will change everything you ever thought you knew.
Old 10-30-2007 | 01:42 PM
Needs wheels

And congratulations on becoming a father-
it will change everything you ever thought you knew.
...oh yeah, congratulations dude, sincerely. Your life is about to change in more ways than you can imagine, embrace the change and it will all be that much more gratifying
Old 10-30-2007 | 02:03 PM
No He Can't

Good luck with the wifey and kid on the way

...and I'm sure you know that they come before the TL, but don't worry. The TL will last you a long time, just take care of her.
Old 10-30-2007 | 02:11 PM
Team Owner

There is always claybar and waxing the TL while enjoying the stereo to get out of the house, but still be there when needed.
She is going into nesting mode- ask any mother
Old 10-30-2007 | 04:12 PM
Bippu Style only please

Holy smokes! There's a kid going to be in the picture? F the TL man, you're going to have WAYYYY more fun with that baby. Everytime he/she smiles at you, you'll feel way better inside than knowing you've got some wheels and an intake.

btw. Congrats. When the baby is born, be sure to post up some pics.
Old 10-30-2007 | 04:44 PM
Instructor

I'm shocked this thread made it this far w/ out getting moved to Rambling or somewhere.
Old 10-30-2007 | 05:42 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by arshu78
see who wears the pants in the house......

he wears the pants, she just tells him which ones to wear!
Old 10-30-2007 | 06:05 PM
where is....

hahahaha forget asking, just do it.
Old 10-30-2007 | 06:08 PM
Advanced

Your going to let some braud tell you what to do to your car. Sounds like shes wearing the pants in the relationship.
Old 10-30-2007 | 07:19 PM
B A N N E D

Originally Posted by AMGala
How was anyone supposed to know that if you didn't say it? :shakehead
cause he knew we'd tear him a new one for askin a question like that lol but pearl shes still a lil bit out of line since shes bitchin at you cause u did something to your car that cost absolutely nothing. you should educate her on modding. you can do without wheels and drop for now.

good luck to you and make sure to post pics

PS look in the DIY thread theres a lot of stuff you can do that doesnt cost much money.
Old 10-30-2007 | 10:17 PM
OM NOM NOM NOM

Originally Posted by Fleet_king_at_va
Your going to let some braud tell you what to do to your car. Sounds like shes wearing the pants in the relationship.
IF you haven't been reading the thread, back off and grow up

he'll be a father soon.
Old 10-31-2007 | 03:59 AM
Burning Brakes

hahahahaha, read this whole thread...i was cracking up laughing. But on the serious note...i think u should prioritize family first. If you still want to do stuff to your car i say...each week set aside 20 dollars where your g/f won't find it and save up till you have enough money to mod ur car.
Old 10-31-2007 | 05:32 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Unkn0VV17
hahahahaha, read this whole thread...i was cracking up laughing. But on the serious note...i think u should prioritize family first. If you still want to do stuff to your car i say...each week set aside 20 dollars where your g/f won't find it and save up till you have enough money to mod ur car.
FUCK THE MODS. I would strongly suggest you save the $20/week and go to parenting school. The fact that the OP didn't "mention" the fact that he was going to soon be a father when he started this thread says he may not be ACKNOWLEDGING it (or he doesn't WANT to), and if you think the way to build a strong relationship is to hide money from your spouse (or GF, in this case) doesn't say much for your maturity either. You did say "family first", so you're on the right track, anyway.
Old 10-31-2007 | 07:23 AM
Advanced

wow i think you should make a new SN now....LOL
Old 10-31-2007 | 11:22 AM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by myTaLizaS3.2
^^ I'm sure he's a good guy. Just handle your business. And you shoulda mentioned that you had a baby coming in your first post.

Minor details.

Start putting lots of money away. Kids ain't cheap (I have 3 under the age of 4).
Old 10-31-2007 | 01:01 PM
Three Wheelin'

shes gone nuts she thinks that my car does not need to be touch i removed the intake resanator and flipped out and told me that i had to put it on i told her no that more restriction and it my car cant breath and its not hurting anything with it being off. Then! i told her i need wheels and to drop my car about an inch and she said NO its fine the way it is i said no its not it needs to be modded shes really putin the cabosh on my having fun with my car so tell her that its ok to do stuff with it please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
<----My face after I read your original post, especially the bold text.

thats what im doing trying to get everything straight with bills and my house and my kid and my car BUT my car is staying clean that about the only thing ive done and tinted my tails! WAHOO!!!!!!!!!!
Baby on the way huh? Congrats! Here's a good formula for saving for one, considering (assuming) you are a first-time daddy: What you think a kid costs per month X 10 = What a kid actually costs per month.

Ask yourself and honestly answer this question: Which is more important, the life that you helped create (your soon-to-be son or daughter) or your car? If your mind is in the right place, this thread would not even exist. But, I'll assume you started as a joke...or something.